IGNORED

What Do You Think?

rubecula

Everton have just beaten Huddersfield with a five goal haul, could this be the turning point of the season? Do we now know where the back of the net is?

Villa coming up now after they were destroyed by Newcastle, will they be ripe for the taking?

Is it likely we can turn them over live on TV for the first time in ages? They have always had the voodoo on us when the match is televised, but could this one be the match where we take revenge?

What do you think?

The opening sentence in my MOTM post .....

"I listened to it last night and have watched it this morning on EFC TV, it was a good performance and several stood out for me, Rodwell, Fellaini, Distin, Coleman, and Osman all had good games, but lets not get too excited, it was only Huddersfield".

So I'm also not going overboard about it.

It was a 5-1 win against a half strength League One side. I'm taking nothing from it.

it was also a 5-1 win without playing our full strength team too if you want to take a positive! But i agree, its against a weaker team. Villa, despite their destruction at the weekend, will be a tough nut to crack.

Bit early for us to kick start our season aswell, we're still in August. Its at least November before that usually happens!

Edited by galacticaracnid

it was also a 5-1 win without playing our full strength team too if you want to take a positive! But i agree, its against a weaker team. Villa, despite their destruction at the weekend, will be a tough nut to crack.

Bit early for us to kick start our season aswell, we're still in August. Its at least November before that usually happens!

In fairness it was still a very strong team. There where only three players that are not considered Premier League regulars, one of those being Mucha who has just played at the World Cup, Coleman who is considered as our biggest prospect and played six months football in a league higher than Huddersfield and Magaye, who has only just made his debut.

Out of all the Premier League teams who've played in the last few days we put out one of the strongest teams. The fact that we can put out such a strong team and not inlcude Howard, Arteta, Cahill, Yak, Yobo, Hibbert or Neville shows how much strength in depth we actually have.

In fairness it was still a very strong team. There where only three players that are not considered Premier League regulars, one of those being Mucha who has just played at the World Cup, Coleman who is considered as our biggest prospect and played six months football in a league higher than Huddersfield and Magaye, who has only just made his debut.

Out of all the Premier League teams who've played in the last few days we put out one of the strongest teams. The fact that we can put out such a strong team and not inlcude Howard, Arteta, Cahill, Yak, Yobo, Hibbert or Neville shows how much strength in depth we actually have.

fair enough it was still strong but wasnt the strongest. I love the fact we have choice too! The best bit is despite what Rodwell said (hes waiting for injuries and suspensions that will come) we still have good players to fill the gaps. Compare that to 12 months ago!

@ Jofanon - only Howard, Jags and Arteta? 3 of our biggest players right there, all 1st team automatic choices. The fact we didnt play them and scored so many is what im finding impressive!

Ok, question. Did we play well as a team this time?

Edited by galacticaracnid

For most of the game yes, but we lost our way for a little while after we got the second.

This always happens. Every time we open a 2 goal lead the squad sits back and has a drink, even if there is half an hour left in the match. If we're going to be successful this year that bullshit has to stop.

I think I hate thread titles that don't tell you what the thread's about <_< .

That's Milky/BlueRoom stuff.

Consider yourself severely reprimanded Rubes (oooh I do love a bit of discipline of an afternoon :P ).

You want the manacles and the whip back now Mike or can I hang on to them for next time? :lol: