IGNORED

Naughty Stewards Or Fussy Mummy?

Lowensda

Not really sure to make of that one. I am inclined to side with our stewards. Taking a four month old baby into a crowded stand for a night game is hardly great parenting is it?

The baby was attached to her in a sling and has, along with her other children, gone to games at the Galpharm since being just weeks old

She doesnt look like one youd argue with does she?

From what Everton have said, moving her and the kid to the disabled area sounds like they were thinking about safety but i dont see what danger the kid wouldve been in anyway! Im with Mike, both sides at fault here, but thats too heavy a word.

Edited by galacticaracnid

If Huddersfield had, for example, scored a late winner, their fans would have gone mental. This could have caused a risk to the baby. Both with physical contact and also because of noise. Moving them to the safer area makes full sense to me. It's not like she was booted out the ground or anything.

IMO she shouldn't be taking a 4-month old child to a night game, especially an away night game. Just doesn't seem right to me.

If Huddersfield had, for example, scored a late winner, their fans would have gone mental. This could have caused a risk to the baby. Both with physical contact and also because of noise. Moving them to the safer area makes full sense to me. It's not like she was booted out the ground or anything.

IMO she shouldn't be taking a 4-month old child to a night game, especially an away night game. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Thats my view completely.

You know that football grounds can be crammed in and if the guy infront jumps around violently after them scoring and squashes the baby, or knocks it out of the sling. Serious injury or fatality. So IMO the stewards did the right thing, if they were a little rude, sorry but the health of the child was at risk .

A child that age should have been in bed by 6.30/7.00 so by the time the game finishes, it'd be 10.00? way too late for a youngster of that age and extremely irresponsible of the parent. Neglect by the definition of the courts ;)

People would do anything to get in the paper <_<

Edit:

"Another point is, we deal with far greater and congested crowds here at Goodison Park than they do at Huddersfield’s ground."

Haha, sly dig :lol:

Edited by tenaciousj

Thats my view completely.

You know that football grounds can be crammed in and if the guy infront jumps around violently after them scoring and squashes the baby, or knocks it out of the sling. Serious injury or fatality. So IMO the stewards did the right thing, if they were a little rude, sorry but the health of the child was at risk .

A child that age should have been in bed by 6.30/7.00 so by the time the game finishes, it'd be 10.00? way too late for a youngster of that age and extremely irresponsible of the parent. Neglect by the definition of the courts ;)

People would do anything to get in the paper <_<

Perhaps selling their story to the paper will help them pay for a baby sitter next time ;)

No need to shout Craig :lol: .

Even the good people of Huddersfield are lining up against her...

"I am disgusted at this ridiculous grasp at a cheap 5 minuets of fame. If it was me I would not want my lack of parenting skills highlighted in the press."

"How irresponsible of her to even think about taking a 4 month old to an away night game. Babies need routine, they need to be in their beds asleep.

I hope this woman is reported to social services for her irresponsible behaviour - its about time she grew up and realised that she is a MUM now, and that means her children must come first!"

"Anyone deciding to take such a young child to a night game, away from home needs to take a long hard look at themselves. If the child had got injured, then the club would now be getting the blame, so well done to the stewards at EFC taking this action. The woman should just be thankful that she wasn’t ejected from the stadium completely instead of complaining."

Looks like her five minutes of fame have turned around and bitten her in the arse :D .

SHOUT MUCH?

No need to shout Craig :lol:

i like the reverse mode of using shift for the start of the second sENTENCE :lol:

Haha sorry i didnt actually mean to shout then. I must have had the caps lock on as i was typing. Hence the start of a new sentence its in lower case!

Apologies guys :(

it's alright mate i figured that out otherwise the s wouldn't have been lower case :lol: easy done

Haha yeah. I do it all the time. Once you have wrote so much then you look and its all in upper case, i usually just hit enter! There should be a button on the keyboard that changes writing from upper to lower by highlighting it. What you reckon i get onto bill with that idea? haha