IGNORED

Wheres Yakubu?

fstupot

He's got to play him, we looked a lot better with him up there. Hopefully the return to no strikers was just for that one game because it was shit.

Yep i agree we cant play with 2 midfielder's up front when you got 2 fit strikers on the bench. Moyes has got to give the yak his chance now to try an get back to his best, we all know he's a 20 goal a season striker at his best! He just needs a good run of games and an arm around his neck.

The ball he played to Osman was impressive, he drew 3 defenders to him and still managed to muscle them off and play a little dink to Ossie, who should have done better with the shot! I don't think Saha/Beckford would have had the skill/muscle to pull that one off like the Yak.

It's his time to prove himself in the next few games!

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again; Yak is our best striker. I like Saha but Yak's overall game is miles ahead of anything Saha can do. And Beckford, Vaughan, Anichebe aren't fit to lick his arse crack.

and ive always been with you on that one..i was just as gutted as you when we thought he was going...and as for the pass to ossie that was immense strength just knocked 3 out the way like they were kids..the sooner hes fit the better

and ive always been with you on that one..i was just as gutted as you when we thought he was going...and as for the pass to ossie that was immense strength just knocked 3 out the way like they were kids..the sooner hes fit the better

Its not his fitness that you should be worried about its his head.

He clearly cant be arsed and doesnt want to be here so until he changes his attitude I would put Saha ahead of him any day of the week

i don't worry about his head if he wanted to go that bad he would have gone plenty teams would take a proven goalscorer..if he didn't want to stay then what was that about yesterday? i'm with romey that performance goes against what you just said completely..the guy looked like he gave a toss and if you wanna talk about not givin a fuck then how can you put saha in? he ain't looked arsed since he got his full contract

i don't worry about his head if he wanted to go that bad he would have gone plenty teams would take a proven goalscorer..if he didn't want to stay then what was that about yesterday? i'm with romey that performance goes against what you just said completely..the guy looked like he gave a toss and if you wanna talk about not givin a fuck then how can you put saha in? he ain't looked arsed since he got his full contract

I agree Saha has been poor since he got his contract but hes still a better bet than the Yak.

It will take more than a 15 minute cameo to convince me he is worth a place in the side. He hasnt done anything for over 2 years now and its got sod all to do with his injury because he was playing crap and generally skulking about trying to get his move way before that.

He has done it at every club he has ever been at. I would be delighted if he could get back to the form he was in his first season with us but his track record would suggest not

In fact his injury is the only reason he is still here

the injury kept him out for about 9 months and you don't know how that can affect someone who isn't the most headstrong guy to begin with..no excuse at all for saha last season because last season after the contract he was still as fit as ever and did fuck all..we all know the yak is lazy and he always has been but he is a better goalscorer than saha and i think he brings players into the game more than saha does because he just bullies defenders out the way to make chances for others and saha can't do that..and if you ask me the last few times yak played last year too he got some unfair stick for being out of shape i thought he looked great and lively..i love them both but if i was to pick one then it would be the yak every time..it is all opinions and your right 15 mins of a good performance so far this season isn't enough but i have every faith he will do it this season

the injury kept him out for about 9 months and you don't know how that can affect someone who isn't the most headstrong guy to begin with..no excuse at all for saha last season because last season after the contract he was still as fit as ever and did fuck all..we all know the yak is lazy and he always has been but he is a better goalscorer than saha and i think he brings players into the game more than saha does because he just bullies defenders out the way to make chances for others and saha can't do that..and if you ask me the last few times yak played last year too he got some unfair stick for being out of shape i thought he looked great and lively..i love them both but if i was to pick one then it would be the yak every time..it is all opinions and your right 15 mins of a good performance so far this season isn't enough but i have every faith he will do it this season

That is true but the Yaks performances before he got injured were diabolical, he wasnt interested because he wanted away

I do rate the Yak as a player, he has got everything in his locker to be a top class forward when he wants to be, but when his heart isnt in it he is a waste of a shirt and little more than an oxygen thief.

As I said earlier I would love nothing more than to get the old Yak back but Im just a little sceptical given his past record

To bring some fairness in Saha's direction I think he looks disinterested when we start trying to hoof it up to him and then expect him to somehow keep hold of it. When we look to play the ball around properly he looks much more dangerous but that can also be said about Yakubu as well.

They are both quality players its just that we very rarely play to their strengths.

I agree Saha has been poor since he got his contract but hes still a better bet than the Yak.

It will take more than a 15 minute cameo to convince me he is worth a place in the side. He hasnt done anything for over 2 years now and its got sod all to do with his injury because he was playing crap and generally skulking about trying to get his move way before that.

He has done it at every club he has ever been at. I would be delighted if he could get back to the form he was in his first season with us but his track record would suggest not

In fact his injury is the only reason he is still here

Yakubu was looking pretty good at the end of last season and looked good yesterday. Saha is now a donkey, he's too slow to play up front on his own, he wins less headers than Cahill, is lazy, can't run and gives the ball away loads, he's not in Yakubu's league any more. I was seriously worried when we were supposed to be selling the Yak, he's easily our most talented striker, although I do think if Anichebe can stay fit he'll be awesome in the near future. Saha should never start for Everton again, he's ok coming off the bench but that's it. I was pleased when I saw Cahill up front yesterday, I'd rather see him up there than Beckford or Saha.

Yakubu was looking pretty good at the end of last season and looked good yesterday. Saha is now a donkey, he's too slow to play up front on his own, he wins less headers than Cahill, is lazy, can't run and gives the ball away loads, he's not in Yakubu's league any more. I was seriously worried when we were supposed to be selling the Yak, he's easily our most talented striker, although I do think if Anichebe can stay fit he'll be awesome in the near future. Saha should never start for Everton again, he's ok coming off the bench but that's it. I was pleased when I saw Cahill up front yesterday, I'd rather see him up there than Beckford or Saha.

There lies the problem, if an overweight lazy unintersted player is our best bet up front then we are in trouble.

CF was a problem position for us last season and nothing was done about it. Personally I would have taken the money when West Ham bid £6M for Yak and tried to get in a decent forward.

Do you really think we'd have been able to get a decent striker with just £6million?

Donovan was reportedly available for £7M. Steven Fletcher went to Wolves for £6.5M. Craig Bellamy was supposed to be avilable for £6M

Besides I didnt say we would get anyone in for £6M but it could have gone i towards getting someone in for say £10M

Donovan was reportedly available for £7M. Steven Fletcher went to Wolves for £6.5M. Craig Bellamy was supposed to be avilable for £6M

Besides I didnt say we would get anyone in for £6M but it could have gone i towards getting someone in for say £10M

Fletcher isnt in the same class as Yak though. If Donovan really was available at that price I dont think Moyes would have kicked up such a fuss over his pricetag - the other reported fee of £10nillion seems much more likely. Bellamy would have been a nice signing but his wages probably blew us out of the water.

Gone towards getting someone for £10million? Where was the other £4million coming from? Because we obviously didnt have it.

As much as I love the Yak i would have been happy for him to go if we could have got someone in of the same calibre,but for the money we'd have gotten for him I don't believe we could have so for now its better that we hung on to him. Look at this way; if he does want to leave then he's got from now until January/the summer to show potential buyers that he's still got it. We can only feel the benefit of that.

Fletcher isnt in the same class as Yak though. If Donovan really was available at that price I dont think Moyes would have kicked up such a fuss over his pricetag - the other reported fee of £10nillion seems much more likely. Bellamy would have been a nice signing but his wages probably blew us out of the water.

Gone towards getting someone for £10million? Where was the other £4million coming from? Because we obviously didnt have it.

As much as I love the Yak i would have been happy for him to go if we could have got someone in of the same calibre,but for the money we'd have gotten for him I don't believe we could have so for now its better that we hung on to him. Look at this way; if he does want to leave then he's got from now until January/the summer to show potential buyers that he's still got it. We can only feel the benefit of that.

That is the problem though wants he wants a move, normally after about 18 months, he tends to go the other way and just sulk around the place and not pull his considerable weight and we have seen evidence of him doing that here already