IGNORED

Hicks Looking To Keep Control Of The Shites

Guest Reg Reagan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reg Reagan

Former Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks says he is "devastated" about the sale of the club and feels it was "swindled away from me in an epic swindle".

New England Sports Ventures have completed the £300million takeover of the club following a frenetic week that had seen the matter go before the High Court in London.

Hicks, however, has warned that the already protracted saga is not over and voiced his anger at the manner with which he lost control of the club, calling it "an organised conspiracy".

Asked how he felt about the sale, Hicks told Sky Sports News: "(I'm) Shocked. Devastated. Frustrated. I'm very disappointed.

"It's hurt my family tremendously. This is a very valuable asset that was swindled away from me in an epic swindle.

"I'm very angry about it."

Hicks hit out at club chairman Martin Broughton and creditors Royal Bank of Scotland, claiming they had breached his trust.

"This has been an organised conspiracy over many months," he claimed on Sky Sports News.

"[Liverpool independent chairman] Martin Broughton wanted a good PR event in his life and be seen as the guy that got rid of those Americans - and he sold to another group of Americans.

"I can't go into the details but I can confirm the funds were available to pay off Royal Bank of Scotland entirely but between Royal Bank of Scotland, the chairman and the employees that conspired against us, they would not let us.

"They were people I thought were our friends, people I thought were loyal, and I was wrong."

Former manager Rafael Benitez also came under fire as Hicks defended himself and fellow owner George Gillett against claims that they had not provided the necessary financial support.

"We spent £300million on players, £150million net - I think it's the second or third highest in the English Premier League," he said. "You never read about that in the media.

"I read a very interesting article in which Alex Ferguson said 'Rafa had more money to spend than the rest of us, he just bought bad players'.

"Rafa lost the club. We didn't finish at the top - that's not the fault of the owners, we spent good money. Rafa has to take accountability for his own results.

"When we finished second the year before, people weren't nearly as angry. Liverpool fans are just unbelievably strong supporters and they want to win.

"I'm not a novice, I've been in sport for almost 15 years. Whether it's hockey or baseball in the US or soccer fans in Liverpool, people want to win."

Hicks said that he had identified a buyer he felt would be better to take Liverpool forward, but claimed his attempts to broker a deal had been undermined by people inside the club.

"My family members and I have been working very hard to solve the issue," he added.

"We know there are better owners out there for the Liverpool Football Club than the Boston Red Sox group.

"We knew who they were. We were just frustrated that every time we had conversations with them we had people in our own organisation who somehow had those things not work out.

"They conspired against us. They were people I thought were our friends, people I thought were loyal, and I was wrong."

He added: "The process was continually frustrated by chatter about financial distress coming out of RBS.

"The interested buyers that we knew would be the right type of buyers for the club - look what's happened to Manchester City now with their new ownership - that's the kind of buyer we were trying to find for Liverpool and those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

"I just want the truth to come out in the courts.

"Our desire was to get Liverpool into the hands of an owner who would be able to build a stadium and make Liverpool the top club in the world they deserve to be."

The 64-year-old Texan admitted that the debt he and Gillett had saddled on the club was "a little too much", but he hit out at the Royal Bank of Scotland for attempting to drive through a sale too quickly.

Hicks added on Sky Sports News: "Liverpool is a very healthy performing club which covers its interest fine. It has a little bit too much debt, no question. But we were going to fix that and we were frustrated by others."

Hicks also conceded that his struggle to communicate with the fans since he took over in March 2007 had conspired to the bitterness surrounding his departure.

"I accept that fact that something went wrong in my ability to communicate with the fans and I'm saddened by it," he added.

"I wish more people had the accurate information.

"It (the debt figures) have been a millstone because of the fans' reaction to it.

"There's been so many inaccurate numbers about what our interest bill is - we've had plenty of operating income to cover our interest payments with a lot of room to spare.

"We've invested. George and I put in 270 million dollars into the club. We've spent nearly 300 million dollars gross on players. About 150 million dollars net on players and you never hear that in the media.

"That disappears in all the noise and anger."

The delay over the building of a new stadium for the club was yet another subject to exercise fans' ire.

Gillett claimed after taking over that "the shovel has to be in the ground within 60 days".

"George said that because that was our plan," Hicks told Sky Sports News.

"The design was done 10 years ago, we thought we were going to build it and planned to get that going in the first couple of months.

"When we presented the new stadium plans in August 2007, that fans who came up to the stadium liked them.

"The people that wanted to be angry at Gillett and Hicks, that's one thing they picked up on. They didn't talk about the reality.

"We had the chance to build a world-class stadium in Liverpool and I hope the group that took the club today builds that stadium."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See Hicks knew what he was doing with the club and all this crap about him being a bad owner is just plain unjustified.

Guest Reg Reagan

I can just imagine Reg sitting there, crying into his copy of the Sun at the injustice of it all. :lol:

afternoon coke sniffer...

enjoyed the loss today?

IN ROY WE TRUST!!! :lol:

In tune of the famous "LIV-ER-POOL" chant

You're going down

You're going down

enjoy playing the CC next season against the likes of Notts County and Rochdale... you lot might actually win something for once :lol:

COYB!

Not a great start for New owner Jonh W Henry, the owner of the baseball team "the red cocks".....making his way to his seat he was heard asking Everton owner Bill Kenwright who would be batting first!!...........MMmmm seems John W Henry made another mistake when he jumped up when Everton scored........there he was thinking he'd bought the best team on Merseyside, surely that was the team playing in Blue wasn't it, he was over heard saying!

He knows he can turn it around though, he stated after the game all they need is a new pitcher and a few cheerleaders and he's certain he can get them to safety.

"Everton and a tumultuous Goodison Park provided a brutal introduction as Liverpool were comprehensively upstaged and Henry had only shouts of "I hope you've kept your receipt" to accompany him as he made his way out of the directors' box." :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2010/10/hodgson_living_an_illusion.html

I like that (wicked snickering)

afternoon coke sniffer...

enjoyed the loss today?

IN ROY WE TRUST!!! :lol:

In tune of the famous "LIV-ER-POOL" chant

You're going down

You're going down

enjoy playing the CC next season against the likes of Notts County and Rochdale... you lot might actually win something for once :lol:

COYB!

were you even born the last time you won anything?

With any luck that will be Wibbly Wobbly Woy's last act for us.

Apparently he can be paid off for £3m, which means we can genuinely avoid relegation for the price of a shit midfielder. Bargain, really.

Enjoy it, it's not often Moyes gets to outwit a Liverpool manager, if you're really lucky Roy will still be here in April and you can bring 2 DVDs out in one season :P

Guest Reg Reagan

were you even born the last time you won anything?

With any luck that will be Wibbly Wobbly Woy's last act for us.

Apparently he can be paid off for £3m, which means we can genuinely avoid relegation for the price of a shit midfielder. Bargain, really.

Enjoy it, it's not often Moyes gets to outwit a Liverpool manager, if you're really lucky Roy will still be here in April and you can bring 2 DVDs out in one season :P

You and Xavier have a lot of balls to come back here after we embarrassed your lot.

To answer your questions yes we have.

I wouldnt be so sure if that will be Roy's final act. the KRAP campaign needs to go on.

And one last fact about Roy... he is a much better manager then Benitez.

Reg, if you honestly think it takes balls to log on to a website you're taking the internet FAR too seriously.

And Roy Hodgeson is one of the worst managers in the premier league. Had no idea why he suddenly became flavour of the month last season, Fulham finished bottom half, below Stoke, and scored fewer goals than Burnley. Surely it takes more than beating a seriously overrated Juventus team in a one off game to be considered better than Fabio Capello for the England job.

He's hopeless, parking the bus at home against the team 6 places off the bottom of the league says it all about his abilities to manage. Not even in the same league as Allerdyce, let alone Benitez.

Moyes has ouwited a liverpool manager more times than he has beaten them! Referee's havn't exactly helped him, certainly in a couple of games.

Why should Moyes be expected to beat a team with so much more money to spend than his own, his squads usually come in at about a 1/3 the price of the rs.

Since Moyes has been manager here he always goes into the derby games as underdog, he often has to play teenages and local lads.

So now it's poor old Roys fault, he picked a decent looking team sunday, before that it was the Yanks.....they didn't give you enough money, Rafa too has taken plenty of blame recently, how long before poor old John W Henry's family are getting death threats.

Come to that, I honestly fear for Roys safety.....and I'm not joking!

Take a good long look at yourselves, your in with a good chance of becoming the most disliked club in history.

Moyes has ouwited a liverpool manager more times than he has beaten them! Referee's havn't exactly helped him, certainly in a couple of games.

Why should Moyes be expected to beat a team with so much more money to spend than his own, his squads usually come in at about a 1/3 the price of the rs.

Since Moyes has been manager here he always goes into the derby games as underdog, he often has to play teenages and local lads.

So now it's poor old Roys fault, he picked a decent looking team sunday, before that it was the Yanks.....they didn't give you enough money, Rafa too has taken plenty of blame recently, how long before poor old John W Henry's family are getting death threats.

Come to that, I honestly fear for Roys safety.....and I'm not joking!

Take a good long look at yourselves, your in with a good chance of becoming the most disliked club in history.

You're right, we'll start blaming the Referees next. :lol:

Blame the ref's.......you might as well, you blame everything else :lol:

Funny how you didn't come back about anything else in the post.....bit too close to home probably!

Don't worry mate, were not laughing at you, were laughing with you.....you have to admit it is all amusing at the moment.

I can't wait for king kenny to push Roy out.......and for you to lose his first game in charge.What will it be then.....we want Klinsman :lol:

Blame the ref's.......you might as well, you blame everything else :lol:

Funny how you didn't come back about anything else in the post.....bit too close to home probably!

Don't worry mate, were not laughing at you, were laughing with you.....you have to admit it is all amusing at the moment.

I can't wait for king kenny to push Roy out.......and for you to lose his first game in charge.What will it be then.....we want Klinsman :lol:

not at all too close to home, just your usual myopic views on Liverpool. You have a lot of them to be fair.

I've blamed shit owners and a shit managerial choice, you (constantly) blame money and various referees when talking about the derby...you do realise half that post of yours was excuses too, don't you?

Our predicament is down to poor financial managment, lack of investment, and a horrific managerial change, not too disimilar to the reasons behind your own fall from champions in 87 to relegation fodder in the early 90s.

Oh aye...people, in football, only seem to like you when they don't fear you. Bring on the hate I say.

Guest Reg Reagan

Reg, if you honestly think it takes balls to log on to a website you're taking the internet FAR too seriously.

And Roy Hodgeson is one of the worst managers in the premier league. Had no idea why he suddenly became flavour of the month last season, Fulham finished bottom half, below Stoke, and scored fewer goals than Burnley. Surely it takes more than beating a seriously overrated Juventus team in a one off game to be considered better than Fabio Capello for the England job.

He's hopeless, parking the bus at home against the team 6 places off the bottom of the league says it all about his abilities to manage. Not even in the same league as Allerdyce, let alone Benitez.

Firstly learn how to spell your manager's name... its Hodgson not HodgEson.

Everybody on here and other club supporters will agree that Hodgson is a far better manager then Benitez. Hodgson is not a shit manager. Benitez is a manager that bases his success on luck rather his own work and he cons his own fans about regarding his failures.

not at all too close to home, just your usual myopic views on Liverpool. You have a lot of them to be fair.

I've blamed shit owners and a shit managerial choice, you (constantly) blame money and various referees when talking about the derby...you do realise half that post of yours was excuses too, don't you?

Our predicament is down to poor financial managment, lack of investment, and a horrific managerial change, not too disimilar to the reasons behind your own fall from champions in 87 to relegation fodder in the early 90s.

Oh aye...people, in football, only seem to like you when they don't fear you. Bring on the hate I say.

Those weren't excuses, they were hard facts!

Our fall from champions in 87 had quite a lot to do with English teams being banned from Europe......OOOoooops, we can't mention that......I think I got away with it :unsure:

Your problems wasn't the owners, it was Rafa who wasted millions, a dependance on Gerrard and a fact that if Torres isn't scoring then you are a very average team.

Even Alan Hansen, Robbie Fowler (GOD) and numerous other old boys are blaming the players.........I even heard that a rs forum was saying Hansen was sticking the knife int the present squad.......because he missed out on the Prem gravy train.

JESUS.......Is there anyone whose NOT at fault for the rs decline....did the Yanks appoint a new dinner lady when they were in power?....BECAUSE IT COULD BE HER FAULT YOU KNOW!

You've been out fought and out played this season, that's hardly down to Roy, it's 90% THE PLAYERS!

As said we are not LAUGHING AT YOU, we are laughing with you, because even you must admit it is funny......don't worry, you wont even be in the bottom half at Christmas.

Why are you on an Everton forum, when you surely need to pull together, perhaps rs forums are bad places to be at the moment!

Reg, if you, the fans of other clubs, or Jesus himself thinks Hodgeson is a better manager than Benitez then it only serves to show how many people there are out there who need the media to tell them what to think. Did you read all about it in the Sun, perhaps?

I bet all the Inter fans are dying to swap managers with us :lol:

and blue250 IF I TYPE IN CAPITALS, AM I MORE CORRECT TOO?

are you suggesting the two americans were good for us? seriosuly??

Your fall from champions in 87 had nothing to do with Hysel, the teams you were competing against domestically were banned too, did you know that? It didn't stop you breaking the transfer record twice for Linekar and Cottee, it didn't stop you building a championship winning side in 87, it didn't force Johnson to appoint a littany of crap managers either.

Guest Reg Reagan

Reg, if you, the fans of other clubs, or Jesus himself thinks Hodgeson is a better manager than Benitez then it only serves to show how many people there are out there who need the media to tell them what to think. Did you read all about it in the Sun, perhaps?

your lot are a bunch of deluded cunts. :lol:

Benitez has won trophies on luck and using someone elses team... he never built the team.

Whereas Hodgson builds teams and make them successful

And Hodgson has had more success in Europe then Benitez

So therefore Hodgson is a far more better manager then Benitez

What are you on about you mad fool.

You're calling me deluded, what is this European success of Hodgeson's you're going on about?

His only suucess in over 30 years of management have been domestic titles and cups in the hotbed of European football, Scandinavia.

and blue250 IF I TYPE IN CAPITALS, AM I MORE CORRECT TOO?

are you suggesting the two americans were good for us? seriosuly??

Your fall from champions in 87 had nothing to do with Hysel, the teams you were competing against domestically were banned too, did you know that? It didn't stop you breaking the transfer record twice for Linekar and Cottee, it didn't stop you building a championship winning side in 87, it didn't force Johnson to appoint a littany of crap managers either.

Hysel, English clubs being banned from Europen competition, played no part in Evertons fall from the top :lol: Keep em coming johny.....your so funny!

Also if Blackburn beat liverpool next weekend......that will obviously be down to Roy and not Reina, Carrigher, gerrard, Cole, torres and a multitude of other highly paid players, if the players aren't playing for Roy, then it's the club they are letting down.Give the poor bloke a chance........I think he's doing a pretty good job.

Edited by Blue 250