IGNORED

Hicks Looking To Keep Control Of The Shites

Guest Reg Reagan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Gillett and Hicks have moved to sack the CEO and commercial director, thus effectively blocking the take-over deal with the Red Sox owner, and the board have had to refer it to solicitors to sort out - is there any realistic chance of that being sorted out by next Friday's loan deadline? Do lawyers move that quickly?! If I was a Liverpool fan i'd be bricking it coz RBS might now take the view that the only sensible way of getting their money without Gillett and Hicks interfering is by putting the club into administration and selling to the new American guy themselves.

Could be an interesting atmosphere at the derby - RS fans finally have promise of new owners but at expense of having nine points deducted the day before!

G and H have to get another loan to pay the loan that paid the loan etc etc if they cant get it they have to sell at a knockdown price, or go into the recievers.

If that happens the receivers will offer the Debtors 10p in the pound for what they are owed,

A couple of other millionaires will pick it up for buttons.

Either way G and H will come out of this losing a lot of money, and Liverpool will be put in the same spot as they were 5 years ago, happy at the takeover but about to go into debt again. ;)

I don't know a single Liverpool fan who wouldn't happily drive the 9 points to Lancaster Gate personally if it meant RBS calling in their loans. This is much more important than a handful of points!

Interesting point though, the loan is secured against Kop Holdings, whose sole asset is LFC, rather than directly against the club itself. This may mean that a point deduction is not applicable, one for the lawyers to sort out.

If I could be arsed to find the link for this I would...

By all accounts the Red Sox are as well a run team as any in baseball, have had success and have built a tallented young squad since this fella has owned them. I would be cautiously optimistic if I hadn't heard it all before. Not holding my breath to be honest.

See yous on the 17th! Can't wait. (sarcastic smiley)

I'm obviously blind and posted this story as a new topic when it became apart of this topic, so apologies.

However, the point I made in the topic was identical to the ones being made here:

Unfortunately, John Henry, Lucchino and the other owners of NESV have not been scared to spend their huge quantities of cash. They are credited with turning the Red Sox organization around when they bought it in 2002. Coming out of the gate spending large amounts of cash, the Sox went on to win our first World Series in 86 years just two years after the purchase in 2004. And then another in 2007.

This story is just interesting as the Red Sox are my hometown baseball team, and I've seen and felt, first hand what NESV can do.

According to the beeb...

"NESV [hereafter known as "good yanks"] is thought to be offering about £300m for the club, enough to pay back the £240m of loans and £40m of fees owed to Royal Bank of Scotland, which must be settled by 15 October else a penalty fee of £60m will be due..."

By my reckoning that leaves £20m in the kitty for new players and a stadium :unsure: (and nothing at all for bad yanks).

Have they outlined any plans beyond that?

PS....Will there be banners in the Kop saying "YANKS IN!" and "MADE BY SHANKS, RUINED BY YANKS, SAVED BY DIFFERENT YANKS!!"

Would be easy to use the ones they have already with minor ajustments, recycling in action :P .

Guest Reg Reagan

That is why every football fan especially us Everton fans love Hicks and Gillet with the way how they destroyed the RS :lol:

I do hope they get their refinance approved so the longer they are there the better it is for us and the rest of the pther clubs

Guest Reg Reagan

what is so hilarious about that video?

anyways I have found some new respect for Arry Redknapp :)

Hicks

HARRY REDKNAPP - Columnist

Email the author

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (23)

RSS Share it Email Print

THEY used to say goalkeepers are crazy.

But in today's corporate, cash-crazy world of football you must have a screw loose if you buy a club.

The whole Liverpool debate raging at present basically centres around a team of top-level players that is not performing at its best - a temporary problem.

It's as if the world is caving in at Anfield right now when, really, the only issue is a lack of confidence among the squad - but it will soon turn around.

In all of this, I have utmost sympathy for the Reds' owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

All they seem to have done is plough a fortune into the place and they stand to lose a fortune when they sell it.

But, for all that, all they get is grief week-in, week-out.

It's not their fault the expensive players who have been brought in are not performing as they should be.

Alan Sugar was chairman of my club, Tottenham, for 10 years but now says there is absolutely no chance he would ever do it again. And who can blame him?

Would you want to put up with banners slagging you off? A barrage of stick from fans every week when all you've done is thrown away lots of your money? Neither would I.

The Liverpool team is full of world-class talent and some costly flops.

Hicks and Gillett wrote cheques for star striker Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt, a member of Holland's World Cup final squad.

Alberto Aquilani cost £20million and has been a disaster - but is that the owners' fault?

The fact the team is in the Premier League's bottom three is of little consequence and Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson should not be sacked. He is a top-class boss and will turn it around.

I still see them challenging for the Champions League at the end of the season. After Christmas, I believe the fortunes will change for the team and for Roy.

It will take time for him to bed into the job, to work out who at the training ground and on the staff is with him and who is against him.

Advertisement

Quantcast

The ownership struggles, with potential takeovers, have little effect on the squad. They don't give a monkeys who owns a club. They get paid their wages and go out to entertain the fans and play some football.

For managers, it's different because new owners may fancy bringing in their own man to run the team.

But, as a boss, you have to deal with that.

It makes for uncertainty but not for the players. Obviously, Liverpool should not be losing at home to Blackpool but, in a way, teams like that are the worst possible opponents when the team is not performing - it's like an FA Cup tie.

Roy would probably prefer an Aston Villa or a Man City at Anfield right now rather than a banana skin like Blackpool or Northampton in the Carling Cup.

But the team's problems are temporary. It's not often you'll hear a manager stick up for a chairman or chairmen but I'd love to know what the two Americans have done that is so wrong.

what is so hilarious about that video?

anyways I have found some new respect for Arry Redknapp :)

Hicks

HARRY REDKNAPP - Columnist

Email the author

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (23)

RSS Share it Email Print

THEY used to say goalkeepers are crazy.

But in today's corporate, cash-crazy world of football you must have a screw loose if you buy a club.

The whole Liverpool debate raging at present basically centres around a team of top-level players that is not performing at its best - a temporary problem.

It's as if the world is caving in at Anfield right now when, really, the only issue is a lack of confidence among the squad - but it will soon turn around.

In all of this, I have utmost sympathy for the Reds' owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

All they seem to have done is plough a fortune into the place and they stand to lose a fortune when they sell it.

But, for all that, all they get is grief week-in, week-out.

It's not their fault the expensive players who have been brought in are not performing as they should be.

Alan Sugar was chairman of my club, Tottenham, for 10 years but now says there is absolutely no chance he would ever do it again. And who can blame him?

Would you want to put up with banners slagging you off? A barrage of stick from fans every week when all you've done is thrown away lots of your money? Neither would I.

The Liverpool team is full of world-class talent and some costly flops.

Hicks and Gillett wrote cheques for star striker Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt, a member of Holland's World Cup final squad.

Alberto Aquilani cost £20million and has been a disaster - but is that the owners' fault?

The fact the team is in the Premier League's bottom three is of little consequence and Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson should not be sacked. He is a top-class boss and will turn it around.

I still see them challenging for the Champions League at the end of the season. After Christmas, I believe the fortunes will change for the team and for Roy.

It will take time for him to bed into the job, to work out who at the training ground and on the staff is with him and who is against him.

Advertisement

Quantcast

The ownership struggles, with potential takeovers, have little effect on the squad. They don't give a monkeys who owns a club. They get paid their wages and go out to entertain the fans and play some football.

For managers, it's different because new owners may fancy bringing in their own man to run the team.

But, as a boss, you have to deal with that.

It makes for uncertainty but not for the players. Obviously, Liverpool should not be losing at home to Blackpool but, in a way, teams like that are the worst possible opponents when the team is not performing - it's like an FA Cup tie.

Roy would probably prefer an Aston Villa or a Man City at Anfield right now rather than a banana skin like Blackpool or Northampton in the Carling Cup.

But the team's problems are temporary. It's not often you'll hear a manager stick up for a chairman or chairmen but I'd love to know what the two Americans have done that is so wrong.

he is the expert of financially ruining clubs after all.

just noticed where thats from as well!! do us a favour and take the link down?

Edited by johny

according to teamtalk the points deduction could well be implied now as kop holdings is purly for liverpool FC.

i wouldnt mind liverpool at all, if it wasnt for there whinging fans who think its there god given right that they are the best and deserve to win everything.

Personally this is a kick in the teeth for me, as my baseball team is also the Red sox (always thought of them as simular to us as being the under dog to the NYY for so long)

Guest Reg Reagan

he is the expert of financially ruining clubs after all.

just noticed where thats from as well!! do us a favour and take the link down?

i know where it came from and I see no problem where i this source from. They are not Everton's problem, they are the RS's problem.

i know where it came from and I see no problem where i this source from. They are not Everton's problem, they are the RS's problem.

its Liverpools problem you idiot. Family members of Everton fans were lost during that day too, Liverpool fans or not they were people and the city on the whole was labeled by that rag.

if the Shite was a woman i'd say you were in love, youve certainly got a boner for them. Grow up.

Guest Reg Reagan

its Liverpools problem you idiot. Family members of Everton fans were lost during that day too, Liverpool fans or not they were people and the city on the whole was labeled by that rag.

if the Shite was a woman i'd say you were in love, youve certainly got a boner for them. Grow up.

I dont have a boner for them, I am enjoying their demise and watching the RS fans in meltdown mode and we will be enjoy beating them come next sunday.

I dont have a boner for them, I am enjoying their demise and watching the RS fans in meltdown mode and we will be enjoy beating them come next sunday.

But you do spend far more time on here talking about them than you do Everton.

About 60% of your posts are in General Football and Sport while most people come on here to talk about Everton which is pretty much the point of the place.

In fact less than 200 of your nearly 900 posts are about Everton. Strange :) .

thanks to whoever deleted the link.

In other news, seems we probably will be getting a 9 point deduction if the RBS have to step in. Suppose it all rests on the outcome of this court case on Tuesday.

Looking forward to seeing the back of them 2 cnuts however it comes about.

Not remotely bothered about the nationality of the new owners, Henry being a yank doesn't put him in the same boat as Hicks. I mean, I'm the same nationality as Peter Sutcliffe but I've not murdered nearly as many prostitutes as he has ;)

Ask me again in 12 months though how I feel about it all though...

Edited by johny

I actually mildly agree with the Redknapp article. At the end of the day they put shed loads of money into the club and paid out loads on new players. One of the main reasons they are now heading into this mess is because they havent been successful on the pitch. You cant expect to be paying such high wages and transfer fees for players who dont perform and to not run into some financial trouble.

Would the Liverpool fans still be as against the Yanks had they won the league and continually qualified and done well in the CL, maybe winning a domestic cup? I very much doubt it...

Having said that the stunts they are pulling now to keep control of the club even knowing they are well in the shit is despicable...

they havent put "loads of money" into Liverpool at all.

The season they took over they borrowed money to buy the club and then borrowed a further £60m for cash flow. Both these loans were secured against the club, and it's the second loan that provided the transfer money the season we signed Torres, Babel, and Mascherano. Every season since then we've made a net profit on transfers. They haven't put a single cent of their own money into the club for players. The only money they are personally liable for is the £140 of equity RBS insisted they provide as part of a previous refinace deal. This money is also borrowed, albeit against personal guarantees. This was then loaned to Kop Holdings through a second holding company, Kop Caymen. The club, whilst they own it, carry the burden of repaying this loan also.

Having said that the stunts they are pulling now to keep control of the club even knowing they are well in the shit is despicable...

The reason for that is they value it at $750m (£470m) and the bids being talked about are less than £300m. The way they see it is they are being done out of £150m+