IGNORED

Time To Go?

jcrawfor

I am not so sure its a case of moyes wanting to play osman. When we were winning games at the back end of last season and had Donavon on the right, Osman was relegated to the bench wasn't he?? Maybe Moyes genuinely believes there are no better options playing out there, hence he even gave rodwell a shot.

I still have the upmost faith in Moyes, and have no doubt he is the man for the job here. However what is really troubling is how we continually start the season poorly under him. Surely its something to do with his pre-seasons and something he has to be addressing. Although, despite results (and the newcstle game), I think we have preformed much better in the first month this season than last, which is quite depressing.

don't wanna sound like a broken record but i cant see how osman is a better option than coleman on the right..ok he isnt a winger by trade but hes a cracker goin forward and we saw he cant defend well yet but he'd offer hibbert/neville more cover than osman does as well as more threat goin forward and he can put a cross in!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simply it seems to me he can only manage his team when we are in injury crisis time. Give him options to use a sqaud and his choices are baffling. Play felli the only position he can play, defensive mid. Play heitinga instead of distin, drop osman, play beckford and yak up front and Coleman as a right mid. Does he not like it when expectations are high? P.s board, money for a right winger and striker in jan or get lost, the financial backing for this club has been pathetic.

Hilarious!

That would be like asking Muhamed Al Fayed if he would come and run your stall in Greatie Market

Not really, he was with Villareal, a Spanish almost equivalent of ourselves. Had 1 ridiculous year with Real Madrid, when he was sacked after achieving record points, but unable to beat an outstanding and possbly best club side in recent memory in Barcelona. So why would he not???

I guess you don't realise how much Moyes is paid? http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/25/2085955/in-pictures-the-ten-highest-paid-football-managers-in

Offer Pellegrini the same squad, same salary and give him the same platform he had when he was with Villareal. Would he see it as a challenge? Yes, does he have the experience of such a challenge? Yes. Would he have us playing attacking football with strong tactical nouse... Yes.

Transfer funds aside, we are an attractive proposition for any manager. A young squad, some very talented players.

Not really, he was with Villareal, a Spanish almost equivalent of ourselves. Had 1 ridiculous year with Real Madrid, when he was sacked after achieving record points, but unable to beat an outstanding and possbly best club side in recent memory in Barcelona. So why would he not???

I guess you don't realise how much Moyes is paid? http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/25/2085955/in-pictures-the-ten-highest-paid-football-managers-in

Offer Pellegrini the same squad, same salary and give him the same platform he had when he was with Villareal. Would he see it as a challenge? Yes, does he have the experience of such a challenge? Yes. Would he have us playing attacking football with strong tactical nouse... Yes.

Transfer funds aside, we are an attractive proposition for any manager. A young squad, some very talented players.

I agree with this, not sure why Pellegrini is being dismissed by some people.

Im not saying I believe Moyes should be sacked or resign but if you were looking for replacement then he wouldnt be a bad option imo.

Yeah Im sure BK could wax lyrical and really sell the job to him, something along the lines of:-

Look Pell Ive got this midtable side in England who have won fuck all for years now, its not a bad squad we just need to bring in a world class forward and a right winger and we might make Europe. I have had a chat with the rest of the lads on the board and I can throw in £12.50 and an unused saveway ticket, Robert Earl will go to a free meal for 2 at Planet Hollywood and we couldnt get hold of Jon but Im sure he would donate a couple of computer games. Im sure with that transfer kitty you just cant wait to get started.

Oh one of our best players is leaving for nothing in the summer and we cant replace him, Good luck tho

Yeah Im sure BK could wax lyrical and really sell the job to him, something along the lines of:-

Look Pell Ive got this midtable side in England who have won fuck all for years now, its not a bad squad we just need to bring in a world class forward and a right winger and we might make Europe. I have had a chat with the rest of the lads on the board and I can throw in £12.50 and an unused saveway ticket, Robert Earl will go to a free meal for 2 at Planet Hollywood and we couldnt get hold of Jon but Im sure he would donate a couple of computer games. Im sure with that transfer kitty you just cant wait to get started.

Oh one of our best players is leaving for nothing in the summer and we cant replace him, Good luck tho

I would be pissin myself laughin if that wasnt so damn close to the truth.....

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/09/28/mark-lawrenson-everton-fc-will-never-be-in-crisis-as-long-as-david-moyes-is-in-charge-92534-27354366/

Its not very often I agree with Mark Lawrenson but I thing he is spot on in this article

"IN the past week or so I’ve heard some people expressing doubts over David Moyes and whether he has taken Everton as far as he can.

The problem is, these people know very little about the club, the manager or indeed football in general.

He has had a bad start. He hasn’t suddenly become a bad manager and his players haven’t suddenly become bad players."

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/09/28/mark-lawrenson-everton-fc-will-never-be-in-crisis-as-long-as-david-moyes-is-in-charge-92534-27354366/

Its not very often I agree with Mark Lawrenson but I thing he is spot on in this article

"IN the past week or so I’ve heard some people expressing doubts over David Moyes and whether he has taken Everton as far as he can.

The problem is, these people know very little about the club, the manager or indeed football in general.

He has had a bad start. He hasn’t suddenly become a bad manager and his players haven’t suddenly become bad players."

Tbh im not entirely sure most (sane) people are claiming he has become a bad manager its just that we dont see how is going to make that step up. I dont want Moyes to leave, I just want to see that he is learning and improving. Fulham was a step forward but in the games before there were several simple mistakes that shouldnt have been made.

One thing that he has annoyed me with in one of his press conferences this/last week was when he said he had changes the way they did things in pre-season to get the team ready. Im not sure many on here would say that we did anything that differently. We played crap sides that flattered us and when we did happen to play against a good side we played people out of position and were crap a week before the season started. :unsure: Having said that I dont think it is all him to blame either, there are plenty of people around him that should be giving him this advice or telling him that playing Rodwell as a RM is a terrible idea.