Time To Go?

jcrawfor

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking the jokes again boys. What a bunch of bucktoothed cockhead's

Possibly.

But it was a bit of a random post. What does writing "chris bloody houghton (sic)" mean exactly?

You saying you want him to be our next manager?

If you explained your point then us bucktoothed cockhead's wouldn't make daft comments :) .

spot on...i'd love moyes to answer the osman one..it's obviously a case of wanting to play him anywhere rather than not but he wouldn't say that

I would love to be able to ask him questions like that... I imagine he would say that he thought Osman offered better protection against Ben Arfa/Routledge/Jose Enrique but at home we should be the ones causing problems.

I really dont see his logic...

I would love to be able to ask him questions like that... I imagine he would say that he thought Osman offered better protection against Ben Arfa/Routledge/Jose Enrique but at home we should be the ones causing problems.

I really dont see his logic...

If that is what he'd say that would show what a moron he is tbh. Osman offers no protection whatsoever becuase he drifts inside and leaves his man time after time.

yeah i suppose so. I mean, only our 1st cup final in god knows how long, a semi final too and before Spurs the only team to break into and threaten the Top 4 in 10 years, with next to no money along the way.... :rolleyes:

i heard somewhere that this is our worst start in 15 years. Sad really, except 15 years ago we beat Utd to win the FA Cup. Whoever is writing the season off already needs to lay off the crack pipe....

You really still prepared to stand by that statement? Forget history in the sense of comparing him to other managers, other time different scenario, royle did the business on the day, would he have left a wavering unfit yellow carded Tony hibbert on the pitch against malouda who was clearly the focused outlet until they equalised and moyes realised what was going on? Nope. I know of two people who say moyes has an unbelievable drive for analysis, he recruits someone who is good friends of a colleague of mine. I was at first imprssed by this until I realised great ingamemanagers don't need this. He wants to know the most minute detail after the game, the answer to that is..... It's too late, you've played heitinga in midfield, fellaini upfront, osman against a six foot unit, it didn't work, the fans know it and unfortunately the better the squad is the quicker your limitations are being exposed. Do you honestly believe he is going to make us what we want him to? I don't think he can.

i dont want moyes to go at all and he's earned the right to have more time but there is only so long it can go on for..i still think we'll finish in the top 10 but something has to click and it has to click now! on another night we could have hit 8 it seems but thats a few games like that now..something has to happen upfront either the yak/saha have to sort themselves out..beckford has to be played right or vic has to get fit and lead the line! i do think the team will look better with vic in it as he was a big threat last year after landon went but moyes has to cut out his stupid mistakes too! can see on here me and romey discussin the team and we said the logical one and the stupid one and he went for the stupid one..how is it that a man who knows the squad can't pick the best side and thousands of evertonians can? thats all id like to ask him

im not sure it is as bad as that i think maybe just the games are havin a knock on effect on confidence..i mean playin well and not scorin can just get tiresome i guess..i mean a few games already on other days we could have scored more than chelsea! its not good enough to say could have but its not like we have played shite every game..although you could argue the man utd game should have given them the confidence..he just doesn't strike me as someone who would lose the players but as iggy said there is something wrong and i just hope it is a confidence issue as that is remedied with a win or two when they eventually come

oh yeah i get your point and i know as much as you dressing room wise but it just doesnt seem to me people like neville would let the dressing room get unrested too much and i dont think we have any real rebels like the shit the french dealt with(extreme example i know). maybe i'm wrong but i'd just like to think he hasn't lost the dressing room cos as soon as that happens then i can't really see a way he can stay here

quite interesting http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6392909,00.html

not sure why but this quote slightly worries me... ""We set up this year to start the season very strongly and that was what I was expecting. So now I have to change things around very quickly."

So.... play players in their best positions? That can be done straight away. So can dropping egos...

I disagree that its time for Moyes to go, but he has got to start listening to the home crowd a bit more. When at the Manchester United game last week. It was blatantly apparent that Hibbert and Osman on the right hand side doesnt work. The crowd were willing him to bring Coleman on and he waited till we were 3-1 down to do this. Likewise with bringing the Yak on. While i'm not the biggest fan of the Yak due to his lack of work ethic, he made a difference when he came on because he ran the channels and created space for the midfield. Something Felli and Cahill arent going to do as well. I am fed up with watching Osman in any position other than central midfield, and Felli has had a shocking start to the season. I wasnt at the Brentford game last night, so cant comment on individual performances, but i was pleased to hear that both Billy and Gueye started.

So far this season in virtually every game, is we are defending ok, having lots of possession in midfield and creating chances, we need someone to score. Beckford cant play up front on his own, Yak is very off the boil and Saha is never fit. James Vaughan scored a hat trick for Palace last week, bring him back give him a go. Play 442 jsut do something a bit different. Moyes is too predictable with his team selction, you know it will 451 every time. Prey to god that Cahill is fit on Saturday.

I am massively concerned where the points are coming from. Tough games coming up.

Rant over.

Regards

Disgruntled fan

I really dont know what to think of the Moyes situation anymore?! I just dont get it and I dont understand what he is thinking... I always thought he was a logical man, if maybe a little cautious but some of his decisions this season (and in the past) have been just ridiculous.

I would suggest he gets the tapes out of the games we played against Arsenal (a), Chelsea, Man Utd, Hull (h), Man City (h&a) for a start. Look at what players played where, how much we pressed, how quickly we looked to move the ball forward, how much we got stuck in, at how the CB pairing of Neill & Heits were fairly solid and won a lot of aerial ball with Felli in front of them, and also how much better we looked playing the ball out of defence. It really isnt rocket science, these are basic footballing principles that for whatever reason, he has decided to ignore. I dont really blame the players too much, they might not be doing great but they are being given orders that are restricting their ability to perform as individuals and more importantly as a team. Jagielka didnt look to hoof once in the 2 England games he played but give him 5 minutes in an Everton shirt and he is aiming for Felli/Cahill whenever he gets the ball. Its the same with Distin, and the other players set up for it.

Yesterdays game was a real chance to score an easy win, rest some key players and get through to the next round of a competition that we had a realistic chance of winning. Sadly that opportunity has gone now and its becoming too much of a regular occurrence.

I have my doubts over Moyes like we all do, and I'd love to be proved wrong in where I think this season is going, but lets give the man the respect any Everton Football Club manager deserves. The players need to take the responsibility, in their prefered position or not, stand up and play the pansy whites off the pitch.

Edited by Mstrkrft

spot on...i'd love moyes to answer the osman one..it's obviously a case of wanting to play him anywhere rather than not but he wouldn't say that

I am not so sure its a case of moyes wanting to play osman. When we were winning games at the back end of last season and had Donavon on the right, Osman was relegated to the bench wasn't he?? Maybe Moyes genuinely believes there are no better options playing out there, hence he even gave rodwell a shot.

I still have the upmost faith in Moyes, and have no doubt he is the man for the job here. However what is really troubling is how we continually start the season poorly under him. Surely its something to do with his pre-seasons and something he has to be addressing. Although, despite results (and the newcstle game), I think we have preformed much better in the first month this season than last, which is quite depressing.