IGNORED

Groundshare (Again) Blog

MikeO

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool owner Tom Werner spoke about it recently. He said: "Groundshare seems to be controversial. From what I have heard it does not look very appealing to most people."He added: "There is an option to redevelop Anfield but we have to explore everything".

http://www.mirrorfoo...l#ixzz13MPeEEET

So not being ruled out but acknowledged as controversial. Same as us then.

• 1 year later...

I honestly couldn't even envisage such a thing, even if it was for a temporary time span while Anfield and/or Goodison were redeveloped, I know the two Milan clubs have done this for as long as anyone can remember, and it's such an impressive arena for anyone that's been, and it's fair to say the level of animosity is perhaps greater than it's Merseyside counterparts, but having a stadia where both Liverpool clubs hold their games and for derbies even, is above all else, too questionable and inappropriate. I want Everton to have their own stadium, their own home, I'm sure LFC feel just the same, supporters (of both clubs) just wouldn't sit comfortable with a groundshare project or eventual outcome. Hope this damn idea never sees the light of day now that I think about it.

I honestly couldn't even envisage such a thing, even if it was for a temporary time span while Anfield and/or Goodison were redeveloped, I know the two Milan clubs have done this for as long as anyone can remember, and it's such an impressive arena for anyone that's been, and it's fair to say the level of animosity is perhaps greater than it's Merseyside counterparts, but having a stadia where both Liverpool clubs hold their games and for derbies even, is above all else, too questionable and inappropriate. I want Everton to have their own stadium, their own home, I'm sure LFC feel just the same, supporters (of both clubs) just wouldn't sit comfortable with a groundshare project or eventual outcome. Hope this damn idea never sees the light of day now that I think about it.

Agree 100%

Would never be happy with sharing my home ground with Liverpool and I can't understand why anyone would want it.

The stadium gets used 25 days a year, and is already on an alternating time schedule with the shite. It makes no sense to build two separate stadiums that never get used at the same time. Would you buy 2 of the same game consoles if you only let your kids play computer games for an hour an a half a every other week? Most people would reply "no" and say its a waste of money.

It's a bit different when you're having to share your home ground with a club that you've had a rivalry with since time began. What would happen to all the statues that Liverpool have? Would you be happy if it was your end that got the Anfield gates put on it? I just can't see how it would work and I woulden't want it to.

It's a bit different when you're having to share your home ground with a club that you've had a rivalry with since time began. What would happen to all the statues that Liverpool have? Would you be happy if it was your end that got the Anfield gates put on it? I just can't see how it would work and I woulden't want it to.

Have it the end where away fans would be for our games. Likewise have our stuff the opposite end where away fans would be when Liverpool play.

Have a plain white stadium or look to the Allianze Arena for a blue/red stadium.

The thing we will miss most is the history of the stadium, but that will be missed regardless of where we go.

Edited by pete0

I've got no problem with a groundshare with them tbh. We'd have to be totally equal partners in it though or they would lord it over us.

So my only concern would be whether we'd be able to financially pull our weight in the build costs. What with us chasing other people to pay for our stadium for us!

With Pete also. If they could call it the Mersey Stadium (or along those lines), that would be cool. I'd take a world famous/class stadium that we shared, over the shed proposal at Kirkby, any day.

The statues would either be situated at either end or next to each other in a tribute area? I wouldn't mind that.

From a financial point of view, it's the only option, we and they have.

Allianz arena would be a great template to start, purple seats if any, white accents.

Ok, i'm about to go pure fantasy here, but hear me out.

The old Littlewoods buildings on edge lane. http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/image_galleries/littlewoods_building_gallery.shtml

Iconic to the city in my opinion, coming in to town past them, just part of the furniture, but full of heritage.

5215518566_5b0a416023_z.jpg

Would this not be even more iconic, if used as part of a stadium shared by both clubs?

If you were to knock down the building without the tower. (Not the one pictured)

Leaving just the one long building with the clock tower on the side.

Add a single tier of seating and hospitality to the other side of the building from what you can see on the picture. This could be a main stand, using the vast room in this building for plenty of corporate facilities, as well as for the offices of both clubs.

Build one three tier stand opposite, then a stand at either end representing each club.

There is lots of space, has the added access of the new plans (already underway) for Edge Lane, has Wavertree Tech Park Station in walking distance, and is neither in favour of Everton or Liverpool. In one move, both clubs have a new ground and a part of the cities history is no longer going to waste.

Also being a Littlewoods building, from the Moores family, who have connections with both clubs, it would just add to the history.

Not many teams can move into a new stadium, let alone two teams, that already has history to go with it.

It may be fantasy, but I challenge anyone to not see the romance in it.

Could do something on the lines of this with StevO's idea.

lucasoil-300x225.jpg

My first choice would be the docks so we are part of one of the most famous skylines in the world. As well as more attractive for corporate events, capture some of the new tourists that we've pinched back off Southampton.

If we had the council onside we could incorporate the bombed out church and have a ground over looking the city centre. Would be able to squeeze a ground in if build across Leece st only about 5 shops there, with some derelict ground behind them. The opposite way has Bold place with then a decent amount of space before the next street. At the top is Hannahs bar and a few sheds. Quick estimate would be around £15 million to buy up the land, but the council may subsidise it as they are in favour of a shared stadium.