IGNORED

Commonwealth Games

What's happened now?

Catching up with it on Sky+ tonight, off the top of my head....clocks not working at the cycling, long jump take off board moving, no toilets flushing at the swimming pool (where half the competitors have the shits).

Real shame.

i heard the scales for the boxing were all wrong too.

My biggest problem is though, they have spent billions getting this ready which couldve been spent on helping the homeless and starving. CNN were projecting the costs could be US$15bn at the end of it all, from an initial budget of US$364.5 million, its already at US$6.77b....

My biggest problem is though, they have spent billions getting this ready which couldve been spent on helping the homeless and starving. CNN were projecting the costs could be US$15bn at the end of it all, from an initial budget of US$364.5 million, its already at US$6.77b....

Couldnt agree more. There is poverty where ever you look in the regions nearby yet they decide to spend shit loads of cash on housing a bunch of athletes for a few weeks. How often are those facilities going to get used after the CWG? Fuck all probably and I bet the games arent even bringing in that much money, especially if the empty stadiums are anything to go by...

Couldnt agree more. There is poverty where ever you look in the regions nearby yet they decide to spend shit loads of cash on housing a bunch of athletes for a few weeks. How often are those facilities going to get used after the CWG? Fuck all probably and I bet the games arent even bringing in that much money, especially if the empty stadiums are anything to go by...

just curious, have you seen anything in the media pointing this out? all ive heard is how the athletes are suffering, how bad their service/accomodation is. forget the millions starving and homeless, but look out for the couple of hundred, maybe thousand people who have a cushy life anyway.... makes me sick. more interesting in pointing out the embarrassment than the actual faults....