IGNORED

Cahill For Australia

wakeyblue

Floods in Queensland. ;)

Anyone mind fixing the spelling of Australia in the title please? :)

Just to expand on this...

Yes, he did that due to the Floods in Queensland, Australia.

There have been massive flooding happening throughout the state, lives lost etc. This gesture was to encourage people to call in and make a donation for a relief fund.

Tim has gone a little further with his charity and has put a few things up for auction in one package known as The Tim Cahill Everton Experience:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tim-Cahill-Everton-Experience-/270691237419?pt=AU_Soccer_Memorabilia&hash=item3f06747e2b

Following the devasating floods that have affected large parts of Queensland, Tim Cahill has donated a special "money can't buy experience" for auction tpo raise mooney for the Queensland Premier's Disaster Relief Fund.

The Tim Cahill Everton Experience includes:

- Two (2) Business Class airfares to the UK from any port in Australia, donated by Emirates Airlines

- Two (2) seats in Tim’s private box, to watch any Everton home match this season (includes dinner and drinks)

- an invitation to watch an Everton TC training session and meet the team

- a Tim Cahill Everton jersey signed by the whole Everton team

- a pair of signed Tim Cahill boots from the game that the winning bidder watched.

We invite the football community to help the communities of Queensland to rebuild their lives after the recent devastating floods.

100% of the proceeds from this auction will go towards the Premier's Disaster Relief Fund (Ref T11/706)

Even if you are not successful with a bid you can still donate to the Premier's Disaster Relief Fund. For more information, please visit http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Donations collected by the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal will be disbursed to the people affected by flooding in Queensland Communities in December 2010 and January 2011.

Disclaimer: Football Federation Australia is an authorised promoter of this event. This is an event held by Football Federation Australia to raise funds for the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal and is not an official Queensland Government event.

The successful donor/bidder may request a receipt, but will be required to provide the Queensland Government with a list detailing the donor's name, address and donation amount. The Queensland Government will then send a receipt directly to the donor.

For more information regarding the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal, please email floodappeal@premiers.qld.gov.au

For more information regarding this auction item, please email media@footballaustralia.com.au

At time of posting the bids were up to $14,100 AUD (8,912.20 GBP) with bidding to close in 9d 16h (21 Jan, 201108:48:08 AEDST).

Will be interesting to see how much this goes for. Bidding started about 7 hours ago

Edited by Dogaholic

All I can really say about the result is...THANK FUCK!

If we didn't win this by more than 3 goals, it would not have bode well...hell, I'm seeing a lot of stupid comments complaining that we didn't win 7-0!

The real test will be when we play Korea. If we can win that, then things are looking up!

I do hope that Park plays shit though. My Manure mate reckons he'll skin us! Some Socceroos fan he is...

Done. :)

Thanks mate! ;)

Just to expand on this...

Yes, he did that due to the Floods in Queensland, Australia.

There have been massive flooding happening throughout the state, lives lost etc. This gesture was to encourage people to call in and make a donation for a relief fund.

Tim has gone a little further with his charity and has put a few things up for auction in one package known as The Tim Cahill Everton Experience:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tim-Cahill-Everton-Experience-/270691237419?pt=AU_Soccer_Memorabilia&hash=item3f06747e2b

At time of posting the bids were up to $14,100 AUD (8,912.20 GBP) with bidding to close in 9d 16h (21 Jan, 201108:48:08 AEDST).

Will be interesting to see how much this goes for. Bidding started about 7 hours ago

That's quite a prize :o .

I'd have a bid.....but then I'd have to fly to Oz to get the flights back so a bit pointless really :unsure: .

Saw some more of the flooding on the news this morning, looks dreadful, anyone here involved/near it (Pat was/is Queensland I think).

From the OS...

Cahill's exit was an enfored one after he picked up a knock, the midfielder is waiting to see how serious the problem is.

"I'll find out tonight," he said. "For me, if it's serious, then I'll get through it, but I honestly don't know. I took a few knocks and hopefully I'll pull through."

That's quite a prize :o .

I'd have a bid.....but then I'd have to fly to Oz to get the flights back so a bit pointless really :unsure: .

Saw some more of the flooding on the news this morning, looks dreadful, anyone here involved/near it (Pat was/is Queensland I think).

Yeah, I'm from Ipswich, one of the towns hit. We were pretty lucky where we are, but we have been cleaning up Goodna, a suburb of Ipswich which got smashed. My mate lives there, bought the house a couple of months ago, the river had to rise by like 11 metres for the water to even get in his house, 2 storeys under, the Rugby League posts which are across the road from him were under water. We went to his house in a tinny (boat) to start the clean up. It's terrible out there.