IGNORED

Money For Yak?

Inca85

Bent - agree

AJ - was a prem player with CP as well and he has been injured since (but done alright when fit)First season he was great, but then fell away from there.

Beattie - lol

Mcfadden - I dont think he ever really did anything tbh.

Yak - pass

Rooney - agree.

My point with regards to strikers would be that we only ever really get one season out of them, then they dissapear. Beattie (arguably he was ever here!), Aj and Yakubu all follow that general rule. Even Saha has kind of gone down that route. Simple things like 1st touch and passing have gone down hill this year but hopefully they pick up again now.

Lol try telling the Jocks that, or France for that matter, and as has already been said he turned in a tidy profit on him

Is there a method to moyes madness here? Surely repeating the same negative message is not going to fill the fans with joy? Is he hoping that we become more vocal regarding getting money in for players?

Our spend in the transfer Market has been a complete and utter joke.

AJ had scored 11 penalties before he joined and that was about it.

Moyes turned him into an England international, who we made a tidy profit on

i think you'll find that he came to everton as an international...he had a few caps whilst at everton and you could argue he left the club, worse off than he arrived because he was no longer in the picture.

the profit is valid.

when aj came to everton, initially he was a threat feeding off cahill's flick ons, he started very well and looked promising. by the end of his everton career he was chasing hibbert and neville's lumps down the line.

aj is a solid case for a striker who worsened at everton, profit or not

i think you'll find that he came to everton as an international...he had a few caps whilst at everton and you could argue he left the club, worse off than he arrived because he was no longer in the picture.

the profit is valid.

when aj came to everton, initially he was a threat feeding off cahill's flick ons, he started very well and looked promising. by the end of his everton career he was chasing hibbert and neville's lumps down the line.

aj is a solid case for a striker who worsened at everton, profit or not

I disagree, Johnson was a success at Everton but the team developed and so he got left behind. To say that Moyes ruined him is nonsense

Lol try telling the Jocks that, or France for that matter, and as has already been said he turned in a tidy profit on him

Well he never really did anything for us. He scored a couple of good goals but the hours he spent anonymously running around the pitch giving the ball away ot live that by far. He has done much more for brum that he did with us, and he hasnt exactly been great there!

I disagree, Johnson was a success at Everton but the team developed and so he got left behind. To say that Moyes ruined him is nonsense

don't see how it is nonsense...he arrived an international, left a nothing...he arrived a threat, left limp...arrived a goal scorer, left being a worker chasing balls down the flank

aj was a player who fed off balls threaded through the middle and over the top, he ended up getting punts down the line and he suffered.

other cases i agree with you on, he didn't ruin the others, you've made good points there...but on aj, i've got to completely disagree.

i liked aj, felt sorry for him...glad to see him score again today, never forget that derby performance

don't see how it is nonsense...he arrived an international, left a nothing...he arrived a threat, left limp...arrived a goal scorer, left being a worker chasing balls down the flank

aj was a player who fed off balls threaded through the middle and over the top, he ended up getting punts down the line and he suffered.

other cases i agree with you on, he didn't ruin the others, you've made good points there...but on aj, i've got to completely disagree.

i liked aj, felt sorry for him...glad to see him score again today, never forget that derby performance

Moyes never changed Jonsons style of play. He has always worked the channels that is why Moyes bought him

He was the type of player we needed at the time and it worked well for all parties but then we started evolving as a football team and he never progressed with us. What went wrong for AJ at Everton was the referees vendetta against him whereby it seemed almost every week he would have a stone wall penalty appeal go against him. The Yak was another big factor simply because he was a better player than him and so he couldnt get in the side and that is hardly Moyses fault. So if your looking for people to blame about AJs fall from grace try the likes of Arsene Wenger who labelled him a cheat and turned the Refs against him or even blame his injuries but dont blame Moyes

Before he joined us he had that one great season with Palace where he scored loads of goals from the penalty spot. I would argue he score a lot more goals for us from open play than he has done for any other club. He also won most of his England caps as an Everton player so his international career flourished at Everton it wasnt destroyed by us.

He was the type of player we needed at the time and it worked well for all parties but then we started evolving as a football team and he never progressed with us. What went wrong for AJ at Everton was the referees vendetta against him whereby it seemed almost every week he would have a stone wall penalty appeal go against him. The Yak was another big factor simply because he was a better player than him and so he couldnt get in the side and that is hardly Moyses fault. So if your looking for people to blame about AJs fall from grace try the likes of Arsene Wenger who labelled him a cheat and turned the Refs against him or even blame his injuries but dont blame Moyes

This.

I well remember the frustration after every other game when some defender had completely bulled AJ out of the way, only for appeals to be denied without any consideration. It wasn't only Wenger either, a couple of other managers picked up the stick shortly thereafter as well..

Which makes it all the more disappointing to see Gerrard and others dive their way into penalty areas left and right every week without mention.