IGNORED

Money For Yak?

Inca85

It's official. Yak's moving to Leicester. On loan?? Come on!

1. We're desperate in need of a striker who can score goals. And we get rid of one of ours.

2. We're deseprate in need of money. And we get rid of one of our players for free, and we still have to pay his wages (probably).

3. We could have very much used Yakubu as a backup for Saha through the rest of the season instead of giving him away for free.

How will we create funds to buy new players if we just send them out on loans?? Oh, and I want Yobo back,btw.

I REALLY hope we'll get good money for him if he signs on a permanent deal!

...or am I missing something here?

Edited by Inca85

It's official. Yak's moving to Leicester. On loan?? Come on!

1. We're desperate in need of a striker who can score goals. And we get rid of one of ours.

2. We're deseprate in need of money. And we get rid of one of our players for free, and we still have to pay his wages (probably).

3. We could have very much used Yakubu as a backup for Saha through the rest of the season instead of giving him away for free.

How will we create funds to buy new players if we just send them out on loans?? Oh, and I want Yobo back,btw.

I REALLY hope we'll get good money for him if he signs on a permanent deal!

...or am I missing something here?

1. He scored 1 in 10 starts, 15 appearances all together. Only his title is striker.

2. His wages are covered from what ive read.

3. We have another lazy Nigerian to fill his space on the bench.

You want Yobo back? Why?! We have Johnny to cover at CB and hes much better than Jobo.

Rumours, at least on here, are that we get 4mill if its made permanent.

1. He scored 1 in 10 starts, 15 appearances all together. Only his title is striker.

2. His wages are covered from what ive read.

3. We have another lazy Nigerian to fill his space on the bench.

You want Yobo back? Why?! We have Johnny to cover at CB and hes much better than Jobo.

Rumours, at least on here, are that we get 4mill if its made permanent.

At least Yobo is better than any Hibbert or Neville at CB :)

Imagine the money we would have got if they were any good? at the time of sales the market was incredibly inflated. The money we made was based IMO on the relative success that the team was producing. Bent, AJ and McFadden were purchased as unproven premier league players - they played a part in our success - I would argue that there were many better strikers in the league at the time, it's just that ours were for sale and at a price that could lure some clubs in.

It's fair to say that £11m was the right price for the Yak, a proven premier league goal scorer - unfortunately my opinion is that Moyes has tried to change the nature of the beast and some people expect the Yak to be something he is not. He is a great finisher IMO because he doesn't let missing a chance worry him which is a great attitude to have. The negative perception of this is that he doesn't scream or bawl and drop too deep like Rooney, running after balls that the midfielders should be doing (perceived as being a great team player) - is that doing his job? - no - he needs to be in the area that he is going to score - around the 6 box and penalty area.

Unfortunately the demands of a striker under Moyes has been one of being a work horse, does this suit the Yak? Probably not - certainly not to the extent that Bent covered abou 10k a match closing down and running channels, but was a better finisher than Yak? Nope.

Don't be surprised to see him net 3/4 goals a game for Leicester, he will have a striker partner who will run the channels for him.

I suppose its a no lose situation, Moyes wanted him off the wage bill to get another striker. If he scores a shitfull for Leicester they either buy at the agreed fee or there will be a host of promoted or bottome end prem teams queing up for him. If he bombs he comes back in the same situation he was before. In the meantime hopefully our new firework has won us the cup! :lol:

fee is alright i think, if you think bout it, if his wages are covered which i believe to be around 50k, so thats 50k a week until the summer, 200k say a month, an upfront loan fee and an end transfer of 4 mil...you're talking about saving a mil in wages there for a player that probably wouldnt play...and the loan is unlikely to be less than a mil either in the modern game (bentley's fee is reported to have been 1.5). so in a sense, that's 7 mil give or take for a player we signed for 11ish and has done pretty much completely fuck all for 2 and half years. i'd say, that's not a bad deal...we need the money...sell him and fund moves for the likes of eagles, hammill and maybe a few others...would be decent business

moyes is a pain in the arse with strikers at times but i feel his hand is sometimes forced with cahill..the guy is a machine in terms of workrate..and he also scores a lot of goals so why would you want to change to a 4-4-2 even if the masses scream for it? i think moyes gets a bit of unfair stick for the 4-5-1 but with a player like cahill how can you not play around him when he's the one scorin goals?

hafnia has a very fair point with the prices etc...but with mcfadden i was always a huge a fan..ok again he would never graft that much i didn't think but he had bags of skill(as much as i have seen in an everton shirt) and when he had a spell upfront he scored a decent amount of goals..i don't think 6mill was an overinflated price and personally i'd have rather kept him

Not for me dunc, that one has some weight...

lol We taking about Yak ?

Seriously Moyes' record with forwards isnt that bad

Before --- During --- After

Bent - Championship player --- Best season of his career --- done nothing since

AJ Championship player --- England International --- done nothing since

Beattie Career in downward spiral --- Career in downward spiral --- Career in downward spiral

McFadden Sunday League football --- National hero --- done nothing since

Yak Great/shit/great/shit --- great/shit/shit --- ???

Rooney great kid --- great premiership player --- world class

Maybe its selective memory on my part but Im strugling to remeber any forwards that have been ruined by Moyes

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

lol We taking about Yak ?

Seriously Moyes' record with forwards isnt that bad

Before --- During --- After

Bent - Championship player --- Best season of his career --- done nothing since

AJ Championship player --- England International --- done nothing since

Beattie Career in downward spiral --- Career in downward spiral --- Career in downward spiral

McFadden Sunday League football --- National hero --- done nothing since

Yak Great/shit/great/shit --- great/shit/shit --- ???

Rooney great kid --- great premiership player --- world class

Maybe its selective memory on my part but Im strugling to remeber any forwards that have been ruined by Moyes

Bent - agree

AJ - was a prem player with CP as well and he has been injured since (but done alright when fit)First season he was great, but then fell away from there.

Beattie - lol

Mcfadden - I dont think he ever really did anything tbh.

Yak - pass

Rooney - agree.

My point with regards to strikers would be that we only ever really get one season out of them, then they dissapear. Beattie (arguably he was ever here!), Aj and Yakubu all follow that general rule. Even Saha has kind of gone down that route. Simple things like 1st touch and passing have gone down hill this year but hopefully they pick up again now.

I am forever laughed at by mancs for saying it, but I believe Rooney the talent was more evident in his first full season at everton, since then I haven't seen the type of swashbuckling play that made you sit on the edge of your seat. He has had flashes and patches of brilliance but I believe the magic about him was the untamed raw player. No doubt he is a professionals player, his work rate is phenomenal, I to be honest am surprised he never went on to be the best in the world ahead of messi, at the time he was ahead, now he's a way bit behind.

Bent - agree

AJ - was a prem player with CP as well and he has been injured since (but done alright when fit)First season he was great, but then fell away from there.

Beattie - lol

Mcfadden - I dont think he ever really did anything tbh.

Yak - pass

Rooney - agree.

My point with regards to strikers would be that we only ever really get one season out of them, then they dissapear. Beattie (arguably he was ever here!), Aj and Yakubu all follow that general rule. Even Saha has kind of gone down that route. Simple things like 1st touch and passing have gone down hill this year but hopefully they pick up again now.

scored 1 cracking goal worth remembering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-0tEM-SR0

scored 1 cracking goal worth remembering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-0tEM-SR0

What a moment that was, was there with Josh. Frustrating until Lescott scored with about ten to go (Moyes was just going to put VDM on before we scored he was that desperate for a breakthrough :lol: ). Then da Silva started and ended his Everton career coming on with a couple of minutes left, Bent scored after eighty-nine (shitloads of people made the mistake of leaving) and then McFudge worked his magic about two minutes into injury time....we were sat about level with him in the main stand.

Just about secured UEFA qualification. Was a good day.

aj was good when he came to everton, was shite when he left

I actually never thought he was all that before to be honest. However yes, moyes turned him into a right winger.

Beattie returned the worst goals to games ratio of his career under moyes, after leaving he averaged better than one in two for Sheffield united. He scored one in five for us. I believe it was due to the system we played, Beattie needed balls crossed in. As it happens I didn't rate him before we bought him.

Edited by Hafnia2