IGNORED

Chelsea

Finn balor

Unlcuky there, Thought Arteta played well, Felliani and Coleman once again were outstanding, Billy looked promising as well. Can't believe their goal, complete fluke of a dummy, and then the shittest player ever to brace the Premier league scores a scuffed shot with his teams first attempt of the half. Totally undeserved, could have been 2-3 in the Second half. If we play like that again, im more than comfortable going to the bridge to play them again :)

Very pleased. Chelsea were extremely lucky, Kalou's shot went through Distin's legs when he was running perpendicular to the player and the ball headed for the one point in the goal Howard couldn't get to at such short notice. If he tried that a hundred times he wouldn't get it through Distin's legs again.

Similarly Coleman was ridiculously unlucky not to scores, but credit to Essien for the block on the second effort.

Thought that we played very well and moved the ball around sharply and crisply. Every player was not only comfortable on the ball but they wanted to run with it too, which is something that we haven't seen in a while! Bilyaletdinov and Coleman played the wings in a way that Pienaar and Osman were/are just incapable of. They got the ball, looked to move into the space between the defenders and they attacked the far post whenever they could. Both Billy and Seamus got into great positions today, very promising.

Fellaini again was immense and passed the ball around with a passing range that I haven't ever seen from him before. He also got forward much more fluidly today and was forward not just to meet the diagonal from the full-back. I thought that Arteta was much improved today, although he's still not back to his best. But his ability to move the ball on first-time in a ridiculously tight space is so important to us. It's hard to notice, but if say Rodwell or even Osman were in that position we'd have lost the ball. Arteta even whipped in a good free-kick! But that was a blip and he quickly returned to his regular wall-hitting service.

Baines was class today but his short passing let him down on occasion.

Distin & Heitinga played really well today as a partnership, and Johnny especially has proven that he can handle even the biggest striker in the league.

MOM is a toss-up between Coleman, Baines and Fellaini.... won't vote yet.

Proud of the lads there, apart from the hoof ball every now and then (Neville....)I thought we played some really good stuff. Felli > Baines > Coleman for me.

Arteta looked ok, on the right path but nowhere near his standard as yet.

Felli is like a gun dog, the second the ball gets into a cul de sac, he is there ready to take it off the player and switch or move it to a man in space. They should play tapes of him to kids who feel the need to run around like headless chickens, he picks the space, controls it, looks after it and passes, simple as that. Would not surprise me to see some European big hitters sniff around him if he continues, which is why we need new owners (that's another story)

Coleman getting up Coles nose was a treat, i'm sure I seen Cole giving him some verbals, 1 minute later Coleman is flying through his back to get the header where he nearly scored. Great attitude.

Thought Chelsea shaded the first half, but they are the in form team at the moment.The second half was a different story.Obviously good team talk from Moyes and the boys were up for it, let's be fair, we had Chelsea under the cosh for large parts of the second half.When they broke they were dangerous, they only attacked a couple of times, one went in the other hit a post :blink:

That second half was nearly as good as it get's for Everton, they have played better, but not very often or enough this season.

Most players had really good games, but I thought Coleman at times was outstanding, he's brave, direct, and can beat players, very very nearlly scored a great header and still got the rebound on target, only to be cleared of the line.

Also his pass to Rodwell into the penalty area was world class....there's a hell of a lot to come more from that boy!

We can win the replay......but I'm worried that was our best chance.

But anything other than a good Chelsea performance, and it's game on.

Couple of good saves from Howard in the first half, Arteta looked more up for it and Fellaini was massive.

But for me it was Coleman who stood out for us.

While I don't think we played particularly badly in the first half we gave Chelsea far too much respect and space to move the ball around at their leisure. The only player to really try and close their players down when they were in possession was Fellaini. The rest of the players should have been following his example but they stood off and stood off.

The second half was a completely different story. We absolutely bossed it and we pressed them whenever they got the ball. Obviously Moyes had said soemthing right at half time. The whole side were alive and full of energy. There was some brilliant link-up play in that half. It was lovely to see after the shite that was served up last week. We fully deserved to win that game but once again we showed our vulneralability to the breakaway. It can't have been even 30 seconds after our corner was whipped in to them getting back to 1-1.

Well played though blues, hopefully you can go on to actually beat a Top 4 side away from home. We can do it, the players and manager just have to believe and go for it.

Howard - He made some crucial saves in the first half but is there superglue on his line or something? I can remember at least 2 times when he simply refused to come off his line when the defenders were shepherding the ball back to him.

Neville - He had a shockingly bad first-half. He was getting sucked in far too easily and spent a lot of his time following the attacker to the half way line! Also, he was getting dragged into the centre and letting his man drift in behind him. At one point Coleman was giving him a thoroughly deserved bollocking. I think he had a better second half but that may have been because I wasn't right behind him so couldn't see if he drifted out of position.

Heitinga - I love Johnny, I really do, and I thought he had an excellent game and completely shut out Drogba. It's impressive that he bossed Drogba in the air too seeing as Drogba has a good few inches on Heitinga. When you've Johnny's class you don't need to be massive.

Distin - I thought him and Johnny worked extremely well together and dealt with pretty much everything that was thrown their way. However, I thought he should have done a lot better for the equaliser tbh. If not for that he would have been up there in my mind for MOTM.

Baines - Does he have speed before a game? He got up and down that left wing like a man possessed and whipped ball after ball into Chelsea's penalty area, whether that was from open play or from set pieces. It was from one of his pin point corners that Saha got the opener. Lets not forget the amount of solo runs he went on in the second half, they were magnificant. He more than overshadowed the supposed best left back in the world, Ashley Cole. In the first half you could see he wasn't confident giving the ball to Bily and ignored him for the most part but he was more willing to trust Bily with the ball in the second half, and I think that could become a very fruitful partnership because they've both great feet and can put perfect balls into the area.

Coleman - I think he's on the speed with Leighton tbh. He gets up and down the wing just as much as Baines, just on the right. His decision making at times lets him down but he is an absolute joy to watch. In the first half he was covering for Neville for most of the time but he still managed to get forward. And the second half he was fucking brilliant in an attacking sense for us, he made Cole look like a mug time after time and Cole was getting more pissed off every time Seamus skipped past him. I loved it when he bollocked Neville, his captain, as well. My MOTM.

Arteta - I thought he was mediocre in the first half but he proved in the second half that the best little Spaniard we know really is in there somewhere, even if it's not fully recognisable just yet. During that second half he was involved in everything positive that we did and at times he dictated play. He even ran forward 30 yards with the ball at one point, I thought I was watching a different player. Hopefully that second half performance will have proven to him, as well as us, that he can be the quality player of old.

Fellaini - Another very dominant performance from Felli, and once again he does it against a quality midfield and makes them look like amateurs. You don't shit all over the likes of Essien and Lampard if you don't ooze class. So many times he was penned in by Chelsea players and he'd waltz away from the with the ball like they weren't even there, like their presence was inconsequential. He has that little bit of arrogance (like Johnny does), it's like he just looks at the opposition players and thinks I know I'm better than you and I'm going to beat you. I do have one gripe with his performance today though; he gave the ball away a few too many times for my liking and if it wasn't for that he would have definitely got my MOTM vote.

Bily - He started the game like a steaming pile of crap in all honesty, you could tell that his confidence was very low; his touch was off, he didn't look like he wanted the ball at all. But he definitely grew into the game as it progressed and looked a lot more comfortable and like he really could become a fixture in the side.

Rodwell - Totally invisible in the first half. I kept forgetting he was even playing tbh. But, like Arteta, in the second half he was prominent in everything good that we did and his energy high up the pitch really helped us and made it easier for us to keep the momentum going.

Saha - Pissed me off with his lurking on the left wing. Not only did that hamper Bily and Baines because he was taking up room but it left us with nobody in the box at times. That being said, he did still manage to have a really good game and fully deserved his goal for performance. He held the ball up well when we needed him to and he brought others into the game with his link up play.

Edited by Romey 1878

Thanks Lex :) .

Ancelotti...

"It was not an easy game because Everton put strong pressure all the time on the pitch, used a lot of long balls, they were very dangerous on set-pieces and scored on one."

Twat.

:lol: btw, Moyes tryed to urge our player to hoofball more on second half, cause he felt defenders cant see long balls cause of the sun. I actually would like that we would been playing more on the ground just cause of that our attackers couldt also see those hoofballs.

edit: Mike, i didnt do my rating again, cause i missed a lot of first half, cause had to drive my daughter to her friends birthdayparty :)

Edited by LexKing