IGNORED

Affordable Transfers

Its obvious we will probably looking in the bargain basement again this summer so who should we be looking at?

Some options:

Junior Hoilett-(Blackburn) out of contract in summer, fast, tricky player who can operate across the midfield or just off the front man.

James McCarthy - ( Wigan) young, tough tackling centre midfielder. If Rodders goes would be a good replacement and if Wigan go down could be alot cheaper. 6 million would be about right and well worth it.

Dale Jennings - (Tranmere) 17 year old winger players down the left but is right footed. Cuts in and has scored some good goals this season. Raw and a gamble but for a million worth the risk.

Jack Collison - (West Ham) Been out injured for nearly a year but prior to that was showing all the signs of a top midfielder. If the Hammers go down could be up for grabs.

Nikola Kalinic - ( Blackburn) Highly rated croatian forward, only 23 but seems to be out of favour for some reason. Bilic was recently interviewed stating what a top class striker he is. I think he is top drawer.

Max Gradel - ( Leeds) I remember putting something about him a couple of seasons ago on this website when he was on loan at leeds from Leicester. Scores goals from midfield and is capable of a move up a division.

Nicky Maynard-(Bristol City) A product of Crewe's youth system Maynard is 23 and has 12 months left on his contract. Scored over 20 goals last season. Had a bad injury and been out most of the season but is back fit and has been amongst the goals. Watched him a bit this year, seems to be a natural goalscorer.

Seb Larson - (Birmingham) out of contract in summer, reported Man City target in January but deal fell through. Can play right side or centre mid. Brought through Arsenals youth system, got great dead ball delivery. On a free good squad player?

What players would you be looking at?

Unfortunately i can only see us chasing free transfers and possibly some youngsters for under the £1m mark this summer, UNLESS we sell Rodwell, then that changes everything. But Hoilett on a free would be a great bit of business! Also If Wolves get relegated (very probable) Jarvis is almost certainly going to want to leave, but then again Wolves would probably want a decent fee for him.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Unfortunately i can only see us chasing free transfers and possibly some youngsters for under the £1m mark this summer, UNLESS we sell Rodwell, then that changes everything. But Hoilett on a free would be a great bit of business! Also If Wolves get relegated (very probable) Jarvis is almost certainly going to want to leave, but then again Wolves would probably want a decent fee for him.

Jarvis is ok but the shite will probably end up with him for ten mill!

All potential Trev. Each would be seen as 'Moyes type signings'. None of them that exciting but kind of just what we need!

I posted somewhere - I think it was last summer that N'Zogbia, McCarthy and Rodellega from Wigan would be good signings - and at the right place I will stand by this (obviously based on we get some money coming in from somewhere - most likely sales!)

if blackpool go down i would love if we nabbed either dj campbell , matt phillips or jason puncheon . let the shite take adam and we'll take them lads.

and surely nearly every team in the league will be after scotty parker this summer . hopefully we'll be one of them !

Joe Bennett from Middlesbrough, England U-21 Left Back, would be a great understudy to Baines, would probably cost no more than 1mil due to the shocking financial position Strachan left them in.

That wouldn't help with Garbutt's development, another young LB we have and who we pissed Leeds off because we wanted him so much.

That wouldn't help with Garbutt's development, another young LB we have and who we pissed Leeds off because we wanted him so much.

I had completely forgotten about Garbutt to be honest, haven't heard anything about him since Ken Bates mouthing off. Then I read the match report for the youth team derby where it seems he tore them apart down the left with 3 assists. Hopefully this pre-season will be his time to step-up.

Edited by BoroBlue

I mentioned it in another thread but I can see the club searching for Non-EU talent due to the lower transfer price and recent work permit criteria amendments.

As a manager of a club, would you prefer to have a promising 17 year old from Tranmere Rovers or a full South American international (I'm not saying Ganso or Lucas but more of a Segundo Castillo type) for a similar outlay?

Its obvious we will probably looking in the bargain basement again this summer so who should we be looking at?

Some options:

Junior Hoilett-(Blackburn) out of contract in summer, fast, tricky player who can operate across the midfield or just off the front man.

Nikola Kalinic - ( Blackburn) Highly rated croatian forward, only 23 but seems to be out of favour for some reason. Bilic was recently interviewed stating what a top class striker he is. I think he is top drawer.

Junior - I think he's a very good player in the making. He has lots of pace which is something no other Rovers player has and has recently developed some kind of end product, but that isn't really there yet. Also, the softest player I have ever seen! But for us I think we need him to be fit to give us a fighting chance of staying up. He's actually been at Rovers since he was 11 so is classed as 'home-grown', but he played his early games over in St. Pauli because he couldn't get a work permit when he turned 18. I do hope we can keep him, but he is faffing over his contract again.

Kalinic - jury is still very much out. Nearly two years now in the PL with not much return. It's a strange one with Niko, you can see he's got something about it, but it's just not happening. He isn't a target man at all, so needs to play with someone. Not helped this season really by Kean - he'd got a few games under his belt, got 4 goals in 6 games (which for us isn't bad!) then Kean dropped him after Villa in the cup. For all his faults, he's better than starting a game with just Jason Roberts up front :blink:

I can see Spurs investing in their attack and Defoe becoming surplus this summer and if we can get say £10m together from the sales of Yak, Yobo, etc... I can see us putting a bid together for him. Affordable? at the momment no but we all know that there will certainly be players leaving for fees this summer so once that business is done... maybe.

I can see Spurs investing in their attack and Defoe becoming surplus this summer and if we can get say £10m together from the sales of Yak, Yobo, etc... I can see us putting a bid together for him. Affordable? at the momment no but we all know that there will certainly be players leaving for fees this summer so once that business is done... maybe.

Good call if we can afford his wages

Defoe would be brilliant for us! If I was him I wouldn't want to stay at spurs, he needs to be playing every week and any clubs in Europe don't need him and we are still the biggest out of the rest. I would expect at least £80k sweep wage demands.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/05/02/everton-fc-tim-howard-predicts-big-signings-for-the-blues-this-summer-92534-28617683/

Does Tim Howard know something we dont?

“We’ll buy some really good players in the summer and build on what we have, which is a really good core,” said Howard.

“We’ve shown that we continue to punch above our weight and by investing in some top quality players we can really push on.

We’ve got a really strong core group of players and I think we are going to strengthen the squad.

“We trust the manager to buy well.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/05/02/everton-fc-tim-howard-predicts-big-signings-for-the-blues-this-summer-92534-28617683/

Does Tim Howard know something we dont?

“We’ll buy some really good players in the summer and build on what we have, which is a really good core,” said Howard.

“We’ve shown that we continue to punch above our weight and by investing in some top quality players we can really push on.

We’ve got a really strong core group of players and I think we are going to strengthen the squad.

“We trust the manager to buy well.

Just read that myself.

All I can say is, is he high?

Or he knows that Bily (5m), Johnny (5m), Yobo (5m), Yak (2m), Vic (3m) (hopefully) and Rodwell (20m) are out the door and so we have cash to splash. Thats 40m right there.

Probably wouldnt happen and i think 2m for Yak is a joke but thats whats been quoted. I imagine we will get 4-5m for him but cant see Vic going unfortunately, he's quite expensive for a doorstop (which is all he is good for in my opinion)

Edited by Matt