IGNORED

Man Utd

Matt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Because you're acting like I've said he had a poor game.

Sorry I will try and make my point a little clearer.

IMO when you stated "I thought he was terrible in the first half and Distin carried him. I thought that you were being over critical of him because I thought he was outstanding for the entire game and at no point did Distin carry him

Sorry I will try and make my point a little clearer.

IMO when you stated "I thought he was terrible in the first half and Distin carried him. I thought that you were being over critical of him because I thought he was outstanding for the entire game and at no point did Distin carry him

Much better ;).

I agree with much of Romeys post. We played for a point and if you look at the starting line-ups, I would have only swapped Valencia, Rooney and Hernandez into our team. They were extremely beatable to it shouldnt make the slightest of difference whether it was at OT or Goodison. We showed last year that we can mix it with Utd (in a game where we actually attacked) and we should have gone down that route again. We had nothing to lose and should have gone at them. Now whether this is totally Moyes fault remains to be seen, but I will say that we definitely had tactics to lump it in to Beckford and the players didnt come out with a winning attitude. If we were gunna lump it forward then Vic or at a push Vellios should have played because they have the size and strength to deal with it. If we were gunna play Beckford (supported by Osman) we should have been playing to feet, as neither of these two will compete.

My motm was Jags and thats where I disagree with Romey and I also think Rodwell is copping a fair bit of unwarranted stick because while I agree he was a shadow when we had the ball, his defensive work was very good (for a change) and he was always moving looked to make space, which no-one else bar Osman did (until both got tired).

Hopefully now we can release the shackles and go and give Wigan a spanking. We need to learn to dominate teams and show the arrogance and swagger that Man Utd showed us, although Im sure lots of these other teams wont sit back and rollover like we did.