IGNORED

5 Things I Want From Next Season

I was talking to some mates last night as we watched the manure game, one is a spurs fan, the other is a manure fan and we all decided on 5 things we want from next season, these were my 5 things:

1. I would like to have a bit more honesty and fan interaction from our board, i feel blue Bill and Elstone need to start telling us whats going on a bit more with regards to investment, all we ever hear is the same old thing, so lets have some positive steps please Mr Kenwright, you have done a good job, but you can't afford to run the club lets be honest now.

2. I would like to see Mr Moyes using some positive tactics and less games like the Wigan game, where it was pretty obvious we had set out for not much more than a draw, this is quite depressing and i know we are short on fitness for some players, but we are always hearing about youngsters that are in the academy, so let them have a run in the team, we know the finances are not there for huge signings, but Moyes seems to want to stick with proven weak links like Anichebe, when we have someone like Vellios sat on the bench desperate to get on.

3. I want to know why every season our club seems to suffer from the most horrendous injury list, i remember when Rooney left he made some comment about how at manure the training setup was alot more structured and not as intense as it had been at Everton, but that they still did the same methods and routines, does that mean we are overtraining our players? i have heard of this at other clubs before, should we be looking at the way we are coaching the players at the club?

4. As much as he drives me insane at times, we must keep hold of Moyes for the time being, i don't go along with this thing that no one else could do the job, thats aload of bollocks if you ask me, but for the moment i very much doubt that any other manager would be attracted to the club the way the finances are at the club, and the thought of Martin O'Neil fills me with sick tbh.

5. Well last but not least and this is pretty obvious but its alot easier said than done, we NEED some fresh blood at the club, if we are going to sell the likes of Rodwell and maybe even Baines(i hope not) then Moyes has to be given a fair percentage of that money to re-invest, especially on a striker, we cannot go through another season with Saha as the main striker supported by Anichebe and Beckford, if Saha stayed fit then we have a decent player, but thats only 1 striker and we need more than 1, Beckford is out of his depth for me, he just has'nt done it, i know the service has'nt been there at times, but even then he just does'nt look interested at times, and Victor, well the less said the better, the guy just isn't a footballer imo.

that was the main things i decided on, have i missed anything important? what do people think about my points, and what would you choose yourself, it would be interesting to know

RE: 1. I thought Elstone's comments at the forum the other night were fairly transparent, but as you said, they don't get into specifics on the take propositions...and for good reason. If they've had so many deals fall through in the past, why tell everyone to get they hopes up only for it to be another false dawn?

That comment from Rooney is interesting. Never heard that, but if it's true I could well be why we have so many injuries!

My 5 things are simple, but very demanding!

1. Wins at Old Trafford, the Emriates, Stamford Bridge and Anfield

2. The Carling Cup

3. The FA Cup

4. The Premier League Cup

5. None of our good players leaving.

:P

Seriously though, I just want some damned consistancy from a squad we know can perform well.

A good start to the season would be crucial as is keeping our big players at the club.

No more players hanging around that don't want to be there(read; Pienaar, Lescott) if they want out then get rid of them ASAP!

I don't think we get any more injuries than anyone else (no figures to back that up but I strongly suspect it's true)....actually we had very few early this season.

Problem is that for us it's more noticable because we have a smaller squad.

1. 114 points

2. 101 great goals

3. T.Hibbert to score just 1 (with his hand in an unnoticed offside position in-front of the kop in a 0-1 win in the 94th minute on the last day of the season!)

4. Liverpool/ Villa/ Spurs relegated

5. Me to put £10 on these and all coming true at 1000000000000000000000000000000000-1 (I'd invest a little in our club!!!)