IGNORED

U21's

Not sure they will be worse off without them to be honest....

That's not the point though, they were chosen to play and should have to. They wouldn't have been allowed to pull out of the senior squad if it was a Championship's, so they shouldn't be allowed to for this either. It's an official competition.

That's not the point though, they were chosen to play and should have to. They wouldn't have been allowed to pull out of the senior squad if it was a Championship's, so they shouldn't be allowed to for this either. It's an official competition.

Very true. Wilshere will be missed I suppose but Carroll I doubt it.

Very true. Wilshere will be missed I suppose but Carroll I doubt it.

Carroll bosses some of the most experienced defenders about, he'd would absoloutly annihilate centre backs at u21 level - both will be massively missed and it's disappointing they're not expected to play!

• 3 weeks later...

Carroll bosses some of the most experienced defenders about, he'd would absoloutly annihilate centre backs at u21 level - both will be massively missed and it's disappointing they're not expected to play!

To quote myself...

Winds me up that Spain have got Mata and Capel in their squad - they were part of their World Cup Winning squad last summer (I think) - we should be going all out to win this!

Still looking forward to watching though!

I'd love us to go in early for that Swiss winger as an alternative to N'Zogbia!

Isn't that the Olympics?

Think you can have players who are 22 involved as long as their birthday fell between a certain time.

there were a few players who were 23!

For England:

Fabrice Muamba

Frank Fielding

Michael Mancienne

Plus a few players who were 22.

For Spain: Juan Mata (that I know of)

Edited by Kohen

Think you can have players who are 22 involved as long as their birthday fell between a certain time.

The competition qualifying starts two years before the finals and players need to be "under 21" at that time (cut off dob is 1st Jan 1988). So players born in the first five months of 1988 will still be OK even though they're twenty-three :) .

The competition qualifying starts two years before the finals and players need to be "under 21" at that time (cut off dob is 1st Jan 1988). So players born in the first five months of 1988 will still be OK even though they're twenty-three :) .

Ahh, thanks or clearing it up.

I don't think England will do very well to be honest.

I don't know what it is, but Stuart Peace doesn't come across as a competent coach to me.

Probably something to do with him being shit.

I don't think they'll do well either and will probably get a mauling tomorrow.

That game was such a let down.

I tell you what though, Martinez is a class above the usual pundits.

was abit really, we had a funny team out though, Manciene is never a midfielder or a captain for that matter, and that Rose on the left hand side looks garbage, just kept kicking it too spain all the time, thought Jones looks rather expensive at £16m, he did'nt look anything special tonight, was getting pulled all over the place in the first half