IGNORED

James Wallace

Matt

Is it true that he was made Stockports captain whilst on loan there? Not bad for a 19 y.o loanee!!

I heard that S.port fans were massively impressed with him and said he was by far, the best player in the league, he completely controlled everything that the team did. Shame they got relegated but one lad can't be in 11 places at once!

Former Ireland youth national, not sure why he changed to England.

I think a one year deal is a way of saying "we're not 100% sure about you".

Thats a polite way of putting it! But i do think you're right, with the likes of RB coming through, i get the impression they rate him far higher. Even as some have pointed out with Baxter, that there's still the belief that he has far more in his locker than he's been able to show!

Former Ireland youth national, not sure why he changed to England.

but surely you give a longer contract in case we have to sell him later on, rather than him doing a Goose and leaving for free!

A few of the lads on kipper who've seen him said they felt he isn't up to standard right now and probably won't make it but is a good lad and works hard and will very likely be a professional football for a long time to come. Their prediction was that he'd most likely make it in a championship side though it could be good to see him sent to a Championship side next season to see how he gets on and you never know, maybe he'll push on in the higher league.

I'd like to hope we don't allow him to leave next season for free and him end up in a championship side who would have paid us a half decent fee to take him from us.

Didnt Ossie have the same kind of start tho, hes only young and maybe he was offered the contract just incase someone came in for him and he did do one for a freebee! Were covered either way now.

No not really, Ossie was the captain of the youth team that won the cup and was very highly rated but then he picked up a serious knee injury that kept him out for a long time and he missed a lot of football. That was why he was farmed out on loan and why he was late breaking into the first team scene

• 2 months later...

Agree, but if he's got any minerals he will see as that way himself and work harder. I'd love to see Baxter make it with Everton. I've got him on Twitter and he strikes me as a decent young lad. On the pitch I haven't seen enough of him. Maybe that will change this year.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Twitter:

That's hardest decision to leave the club I support and played for but comes a time when you need to go play 1st team football

Would like to thank everyone at everton and all the fans!

Now am looking forward to a new challenge at tranmere and playing regular football! #SWA

Duffy had already let it slip earlier

Shane Duffy@ShaneDuffy34

@jwallace38 U gone?? Gonna miss u brother. Good luck !!

Tranmere have been financially restricting recently, I know of at least one instance where they've been withholding a player from games when they near contract checkpoints (i.e. a player could be stuck on 14 games for a while as his contract has a pay increase clause after 15 games).