IGNORED

Pre-Season: Philadelphia Union (Away)

Louis

Another win for us I think, we should be going into games against MLS teams looking for nothing other than a win so I'm expecting us to take hold of the game like we did against Bury and continue the 100% record :) Here's to hoping the Yakubu will be on the scoresheet again!

Edited by dark

It's live here on ESPN or Fox Soccer Can't remember have to check. Also thinking about going to the Everton DC United game. Depends on if my wife has to work. 5 hour trip with really bad traffic.

If ETV is still playing up come K.O and it's live on American TV then there will probs be a site streaming it somewhere I'd imagine

Going to this game today will let you guys know how it was

Went to the open training yesterday and got a few autographs

Vellios scored twice in the scrimmage game the only two goals

Real excited for tonight my first blues game...not as good as getting to see Goodison but ill take it!

not much happened first half.

Looks very very hot there, i've seen players looking dryer in the heaving rain of Liverpool than they do out there. Unsurprisingly it's being played at a pretty slow pace.

Get the feeling Moyes has told them NO HOOFBALL as even Neville is looking for short pass every time. Phili had the most possession but Everton seemed content with that and never looked threatened. We had a couple of decent attacks.

Phili are changing all 11 players at half time which should be interesting though will mean they are much fresher!

We lost 1-0.

played pretty well in the second half until some of the lads started to tire. they had a few chances that they should have done better on and when they did score we should have got it away.

Jonny Heitinga managed to get himself sent off. The yellow was fair enough, not sure about the yellow and it even seemed like the lino was trying to tell the ref not to send him off!

Vellios looked very handy playing all the second half up front. Worked very hard, won the ball a bit, used his height and had a few shots.

Barkley played about 20 minutes, got going well and involved in a bit going forward, looked good on the ball though didn't really have enough going on at that point to make any major statement.

A good work out but nothing too exciting match wise.