IGNORED

Adam Johnson

Have mentioned many a time we should snap up Adam Johnson, we now have our first very tentative link (from a very speculative website).

http://www.tribalfootball.com/everton-boss-moyes-made-personal-check-middlesbrough-trio-265781

I would have him signed and in the 1st team for tonight if possible, rate him very highly.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I rate him as a player his only downside is he doesn't have amazing pace from what I've seen (could be wrong though?)

He's (apparently) going to be offered an 800% pay rise by Boro though to keep him so it could mean he is out of our price range. Don't think he'll see himself in contention for a World Cup place so that won't be a contributing factor. Also, not sure he'd start for us. Will depend on injuries as the season progresses... speaking of which, is Pienaar ok???

not so sure about that id prefer us to get another winger with arteta and neville to be back before the end of the year and also would stop osman bein played out there where he is just useless..

Signing another winger would put Osman out of the side full stop, because he may be better in the middle but he's not as good as what we have in the middle. He'll have to get used to splinters.

im a bit concerned about bilys part in the team he doesnt seem to want to take players on and beat them...so for me another winger isnt the priority its deffo centre mid its a playmaker we need.

He hasn't even played a full game yet, he's had a couple of niggles, and he's still getting used to the league. Give him a chance.

Adam Johnson= 1st division player

the lad couldn't get in the team in the prem and its not exactly he was too young as he's 22 now, he's too lightweight and altough skilful lacks tactical awareness. you could argue that he didnt get a game in the prem cos downing was there but i don't rate downing so if he can't force him out the team then he aint good enough for us.

on the point of billy how the fuck can u rate the lad after only playing a couple of games! unreal some blues fans the lad will take time to settle and with the squad we have now moyes will not just throw him at the deep end he will blood him in slowly. if that means playin osman ahead of him from time to time then so be it!

im a bit concerned about bilys part in the team he doesnt seem to want to take players on and beat them...so for me another winger isnt the priority its deffo centre mid its a playmaker we need.

i will give him a chance i havnt said hes not good enough im just concerned about his roll in the team...what worries me is moyes playing osman ahead of him seems strange to me...if by christmas hes not a fixture in the team i will be worried even more so.

your getting a little over excited arnt you nobody has judged him yet...and as for osman hes ok just not top quality would you pay ten million for him...oh and per kroldrip was judged after one game and sent packing at a loss of one and a half million so it can be done.

Sorry mate but those comments are unjustified and just plain silly have you even watched him play by the sounds of it you have not the lads has not even played a full game yet and when he has played he has created more chances then anyone and looked liked a quality player. Im not sure why you can be concerned with him or his role in the team? He has not played due to a thigh strain thats the only reason Ossie was in the team.

He hasn't even played a full game yet, he's had a couple of niggles, and he's still getting used to the league. Give him a chance.

Very true. I think you could tell he wasn't fully ready yesterday and i'm sure that if Pienaar had not been injured yesterday we would not have seen him.

Back to Johnson. A HUGE yes from me. Perfect squad player for us and would give us depth where we really need it.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont see why not, at least we could offer him first team football

We can offer Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck 1st team footy at the moment.

Any of the top 4 would buy him as a squaddie, then Spurs, City, Villa, and Sunderland could all outbid us and probs offer higher wages, Birmingham have also made it known they want him and after the recent takeover they have £30m to spend in january.

I'm afraid we would be well down the Queue and this will never happen.