IGNORED

Adam Johnson

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think johnson is ok....thats all think hes over hyped,cant see it happening anyway jmo.

I would happily pay £15m for him, which says he is much more than ok in my book. A winger who gets chalk on his boots, can beat a man, score goals, and cross is a rarity these days. Ticks a lot of boxes for me in what you need from a wide player. Class act. Which is why we will not get him.

I would happily pay £15m for him, which says he is much more than ok in my book. A winger who gets chalk on his boots, can beat a man, score goals, and cross is a rarity these days. Ticks a lot of boxes for me in what you need from a wide player. Class act. Which is why we will not get him.

Agreed, i had to eat humble pie when he went to City. When we were linked to him before, I used to think he was no better than Downing (Who i don't really rate) and he turns out to be much better all-round player. Already impressing in pre-season, he won't go anywhere

Agreed, i had to eat humble pie when he went to City. When we were linked to him before, I used to think he was no better than Downing (Who i don't really rate) and he turns out to be much better all-round player. Already impressing in pre-season, he won't go anywhere

I have always been an admirer of Johnson when he just broke in to Middlesborough (think I raved about him on this forum mostly). Still think he is awesome but like so many players his progression has halted somewhat because he doesn't play every week.

ok in your book yes but as i say it wont happen,dont get me wrong i would take him on loan with a view to signing,but still think hes over hyped.

That's the part I don't get "overhyped". He's very much underrated, given his lack of appearances you can't say he is hyped at all. It says a lot when city fans cheer his name to come on.

Hmmmm who would i chose Downing or Johnson?? Is it just me or would you pick Johnson every time!! How much did te muppets across the park pay for Downing?? Its sad really coz if we did sign Johnson it would be a major major boost to everyone of us.

The two most over rated players in the Premier League, in my opinion, are Downing and Milner. Have never been able to understand what the fuss with either of them is about.

Even if we had the money he would never sign for us, IMO.

agree but i think he would maybe come on loan in order to prove to other clubs of what he can do. If we loaned him and got into Europe however, I could see him wanting to sign, not that we'd be able to of course....

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.metro.co....n#ixzz1Uq1EKH75

Right, two things from this:

1) It seems like, amidst many other rumous, total bollocks

2) If it is true and Villa are interested, should this result in us also upping our interest?

Getting AJ on loan would be a stroke of genius for any club, but seeing Villa get him on loan when he is exactly the type of player we need would be heartbreaking. He would be in our starting 11 every week, and I can only dream of the attacking partnership he could form with Baines; and surely there's another reason to come here. Baines will easily overtake ashley cole at left back for England, and if he has a strong season again, he may even edge him out anyway. Since Johnson is normally picked in the England squad as well, wouldn't it benefit a lot of people for him to come to us on loan?

Worst case scenario, he gets injured and doesn't play a lot of games so it was a waste of time. Best case scenario, he plays week in week out with Baines and forms a deadly partnership and helps rocket us into the Champions League....

okay so I may have started daydreaming then but my overall point is if it's between us and Villa, why in god's name would he choose Villa???

Edited by The Regulator

Why play him with Baines?

Couldn't he play on the right?

He could cut in from the right for sure, but he's naturally left footed and knowing that both he and Baines could whip fast, accurate crosses into the box seems more dangerous. Plus he could still cut in anyway, and to be honest I just remember how much I loved watching games when I knew Pienaar and Baines were both playing on the same side, because I knew we would at least be attacking them a good few times down that side during the game.

Now if Coleman were right back and he played in front of him I would agree, but given coleman's injury and that we won't get any players anyway, if we did get johnson, I'd rather see him on the left. Besides, I think Barkley showed promise on the right and we could have a formation like:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Barkley Fellaini Arteta Johnson

Cahill

Saha

If we had that team, fully fit for most of the season, we could win the league....again I'm dreaming but I'm allowed to, I'm an Evertonian.

Why settle for Johnson? Why don't we loan Milner too, and have one on each wing? I heard we might get Tevez and City will pay all 3 wages. laugh.png

When we had Pienaar on the left, we had nothing coming in from the right until Donovan had a go, and I thought he was a bit over hyped by all the fans.

Coleman for me is a waster of possession. I think Pennant would have been perfect.

Bily on the left, arteta on the right. Not because i want it that way but because it Will happen. We wont buy anyone.

...........howard.............

Neville jags distin baines

Arteta felli Rodwell bily

............cahill.................

..........beckford.............

That Will be the lineup in our first game. Id like to see a cleancut 442 with Barkley on the right, arteta in the middle with felli and saha up front with becks. No cahill or rodwell in my starting 11.

Oh and to keep in line with the thread, theres absolutely no way that we are getting aj on loan.