IGNORED

Adam Johnson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Must be me then! You say better than Downing, how come he couldn't get a game at all if he plays both wings and had to wait until Downing was injured, played and was a little more than average? For me, he won't be good enough for premiership standards.

A threat at Championship level, but in the same calibre as say Pienaar? or Lennon? Valencia? Joe Cole? He didnt do it when Boro were in this division.

I understand that he's young and English, and that will probably have a negative affect on his price...which we can't afford.

Must be me then! You say better than Downing, how come he couldn't get a game at all if he plays both wings and had to wait until Downing was injured, played and was a little more than average? For me, he won't be good enough for premiership standards.

A threat at Championship level, but in the same calibre as say Pienaar? or Lennon? Valencia? Joe Cole? He didnt do it when Boro were in this division.

I understand that he's young and English, and that will probably have a negative affect on his price...which we can't afford.

I kind of agree. I think he may have a bit about him but whether that will transfer to the Premiership I dont know. As you say because he is English his price will be higher so a deal certainly wouldnt be done until the summer where his contract runs out.

I certainly wouldnt say no if he was on a free but if we have to pay around 5mil(???) then I think its a bit much when there are other areas that could be strengthened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Are the hopeful ones of you on smack? And I mean that seriously.

If you actually think we've got even a 1% cance of signing him then you're clearly deluded.

We've as good a chance of coming in for Aguero at the last minute and him saying he'd rather play for us.

You are right but it is nothing wrong with squabling for scraps from the table.

Are the hopeful ones of you on smack? And I mean that seriously.

If you actually think we've got even a 1% cance of signing him then you're clearly deluded.

We've as good a chance of coming in for Aguero at the last minute and him saying he'd rather play for us.

didnt say i think it will happen, said i want it to happen. No crack needed there!

Would city even contemplate loaning a match winner any team in the prem would love, out to a team that has taken a fair amount of points off them over the past few years?

Mancini to authorise such a deal should be sacked.

Exactly, this sentance sums up why it will never happen....

Chelsea, who wanted Johnson before he joined City, have expressed an interest but City are reluctant to sell to a rival.

Rules us out straight away

Edited by tenaciousj