IGNORED

Adam Johnson

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this lad is a class act and really is at the wrong club in terms of his development. I'd absolutely love it if he arrived at Goodison, even if it were just loan.

Unlikely though.

Edited by pax

I personally don't this happening but there could be mutial benefit in the deal...

If Johnson is unlikely to get much game time next season then he's going to want to go out on-loan/perm with 2012 Euro's next summer. He can't directly affect Man.City at us as he would be inelegible against his parent club. He would though strengthen us against City's rivals, who we had a very decent record against last season. We are not a direct competitor with City we are way behind them with squad/assets - (refer to striking options!!!). This deal could help with relations between the clubs, it could give us the left winger we're crying out for, it could keep one of city's numerous stars settled in an important season, it could help EFC take points off City's rivals, etc...

Basically if Johnson comes to us City will win the league!!! Done deal! 67.gif

I personally don't this happening but there could be mutial benefit in the deal...

If Johnson is unlikely to get much game time next season then he's going to want to go out on-loan/perm with 2012 Euro's next summer. He can't directly affect Man.City at us as he would be inelegible against his parent club. He would though strengthen us against City's rivals, who we had a very decent record against last season. We are not a direct competitor with City we are way behind them with squad/assets - (refer to striking options!!!). This deal could help with relations between the clubs, it could give us the left winger we're crying out for, it could keep one of city's numerous stars settled in an important season, it could help EFC take points off City's rivals, etc...

Basically if Johnson comes to us City will win the league!!! Done deal! 67.gif

that does all make perfect sense..still can't see them letting it happen though

I think even to be hopeful would be a sign of madness.

Will he realise his potential at man city? Nope. The club where he would be best placed IMO is arsenal. There he would get regular games and give them what Walcott doesn't. Unfortunately man city can afford to play monopoly, hold all the cards and not worry about development.

How ironic, swp before the Arabian millions was criticised for hampering his development by moving to Chelsea, now city are doing exactly the same thing.

A lot of players will go to City and their career's will nose dive. youngsters have no chance, their academy might as well just stop now!

They will pay for the best players at present, and they have no quarms about the price. One season wonders have a chance to go to City but once they have, their development will be shadowed.

It also puts teams like us out because when players go to City, they pay wages that are waaaaay over the top, even for unproven kids; you imagin what wages Johnson would be on? Why would he go to Everton, they can't afford for him to be within our wage structure let alone on the books.

Even shit players are on top dollar, so as a team in and around them , you'll need serious wods of cash to try and prize them away.

We as a club, don't stand and chance and many others too. The only teams that can afford to buy City's players will be those directly around them with money and they don't want them!? So you'll have to wait untill their fringe players run their contracts down and even still, they'll piss off to whatever club can match or better the wages they were on and at this rate its team in the middle East or teams run by the middle East.

If Mancini is going to change his formation to let's say 433 then there is no starting place for him with all their attack minded personal. Don't know about if he will like splinters up his backside being on the bench most of the time so I really can see him going out on loan, but not to us though.sad.png

Why not to us? lets be honest as Stevo said we are not competition for them, and are probably the best of the rest and he will get game time with us so why not ? agree we couldnt match his wages but im sure would could pay 60 - 70% of them, which I bet is the same as anyone else interested in him or anyone else City would loan him to....

That said i think he will get his game next season at City.

nice try for what? it was a joke..fuckin hell stop bein a prick about everythin will ya

You may be one of the 2% of the members of this forum he doesn't like, throw in me, tenacious, c1982 and you are probably looking at alot more than 2% of the active members he can asses since he starting posting. Then again he does make up 3 times as many stats as anyone else. Someone repost if they want the blinkered one to see.

Man city are becoming just way too scary, they are less than two seasons away from signing messi/ronaldo IMO. Each year they progress to a new calibre of player. Aguero Is just below the best players in the world bracket that they will surely target next. Won't be long before they are paying £400-£500k a week.

You may be one of the 2% of the members of this forum he doesn't like, throw in me, tenacious, c1982 and you are probably looking at alot more than 2% of the active members he can asses since he starting posting. Then again he does make up 3 times as many stats as anyone else. Someone repost if they want the blinkered one to see.

maybe dude..not sure what i've done to ruffle his feathers but he is bein a bit of a cock...(see what i did there?) bet you could make a joke 3 times funnier than that though eh pax rolleyes.gif

maybe dude..not sure what i've done to ruffle his feathers but he is bein a bit of a cock...(see what i did there?) bet you could make a joke 3 times funnier than that though eh pax rolleyes.gif

No need for fowl language, we know he's got egg on his face!

Edited by Hafnia

It would be quite a coup ... ahem. doh.gif

I don't think City would do us any favours unless there is something in it for them. It's nonsensical on their part.

We are already one of the teams sniffing around the European scraps, so I can't see any reason why City would make us stronger. Why do they care if Johnson doesn't get games, or anyone else? There are players with bigger names than Johnson in their team sat on the bench every week. City are not yet an established top 4, and they'll be relying on having a great squad. Johnson is good cover for them.

Next season will be as big a battle as any other, and Liverpool look like they'll be a bigger threat next year too. I'd take him today, but I think for us to get him on loan would mean we would lose one of our key players in return.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Everton-line-up-move-take-Adam-Johnson-on-loan-from-Manchester-City-for-season-article778611.html

This would be more than a coup if it happened, it would be one of Moyes best deals since he became Everton's manager, if not the best deal. Johnson is EXACTLY what we need, which is why I believe that this will never possibly come off. It's just too good of a deal. Can you imagine the partnership he and baines could have down the left?????