IGNORED

Media and Everton

Louis

I think that the media outlook on Everton is beginning to change. This is from Daily Mirror Chief Sports Writer Oliver Holt on twitter earlier:

"It hasn't really had enough coverage, probably cos of respect everyone has for Moyes, but what on earth is happening at Everton?"

He followed it up with:

"Instinct has always been to like Kenwright cos of local connection but aware of Evertonian dissatisfaction about him and regime"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the media outlook on Everton is beginning to change. This is from Daily Mirror Chief Sports Writer Oliver Holt on twitter earlier:

"It hasn't really had enough coverage, probably cos of respect everyone has for Moyes, but what on earth is happening at Everton?"

He followed it up with:

"Instinct has always been to like Kenwright cos of local connection but aware of Evertonian dissatisfaction about him and regime"

Peoples club posted the bricking up the park end article to him.

this is what it needs though, Brian Reade's article was obviously in the mirror the other week, im sure they have been talking, Peoples Club did post articles to every media group as far as im aware, the more the likes of Holt pick up on things, its more likely to get coverage as he works for a red top, and they can be quite ruthless at times

He followed it up with:

Any chance a publication that is known for decent journalism and investigative work will take the story up ?

Any chance a publication that is known for decent journalism and investigative work will take the story up ?

What is "the story" ?

EDIT - Ian, I should point out that I'm not greeting you in Dublin slang.

Edited by Louis

The Daily Mirror has an average daily circulation of 1.2m people, add to that the number of people who access internet plus the feeds that go to the likes of Newsnow and you are talking serious publicity.

The weight that this publicity may generate should get the 'qualified investigative work' that needs to happen. A panorama or dispatches programme is not going to happen without this momentum. Will it take that to get the board to realise that they are finally being picked apart for 11 years of stagnation and failures?

What is "the story" ?

Title: Everton 1998 - 2011. The Kenwright years:

Introduction: Evertons history, 4th most succesful club in England. More success than United pre premier league, world cup stadium, Catterick, The moores years etc etc Then the following sub sections:

1998 - 2011 - The fiancial decline

Kings dock - what happened

The fortress fund - a hoax?

NTL deal - money spent against a failed investment

Long term high interest loans

Rooney...

Sale of assets

Destination Kirby

No AGM's

What if it wasn't for Moyes?

Conclusion:- What is the solution for a club that can not continue under a regime that was responsible for all the above

Edited by Hafnia

Title: Everton 1998 - 2011. The Kenwright years:

Introduction: Evertons history, 4th most succesful club in England. More success than United pre premier league, world cup stadium, Catterick, The moores years etc etc Then the following sub sections:

1998 - 2011 - The fiancial decline

Kings dock - what happened

The fortress fund - a hoax?

NTL deal - money spent against a failed investment

Long term high interest loans

Rooney...

Sale of assets

Destination Kirby

No AGM's

What if it wasn't for Moyes?

Conclusion:- What is the solution for a club that can not continue under a regime that was responsible for all the above

blink.png

Rooney, i don't think you can blame on the board in its entirity. There was a need for cash and he wanted to prove himself as a budding young player, so i'm not sure why that one's in there? Same with AJ, Beattie and Lescott (for the assets bit)

Oh and you're putting the recession down to Everton's board?

Edited by StevO

Rooney, i don't think you can blame on the board in its entirity. There was a need for cash and he wanted to prove himself as a budding young player, so i'm not sure why that one's in there? Same with AJ, Beattie and Lescott (for the assets bit)

er, BK's words "we wont sell wayne for anything less than £50m" he was sold for £27m, think haf is refering to off-field assets tbh, hardly say AJ and Beattie were assets tbh

player power..rooney wanted to go..im sure bk said that before rooney said he wanted to go..what would you rather him say? yeah we're gonna sell him just so the fans could bitch at him for a few weeks longer..people make such a big deal about the rooney thing but rooney wanted to go..simple as that

Edited by marcopaulo

er, BK's words "we wont sell wayne for anything less than £50m" he was sold for £27m, think haf is refering to off-field assets tbh, hardly say AJ and Beattie were assets tbh

I actually would say they were, aren't all players classed in the 'assets' zone? Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it, at the time we brought both those players as assets. Of course we did. Although we made a loss on Beattie (by 2M) I remember us actually making profit on AJ.

I actually would say they were, aren't all players classed in the 'assets' zone? Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it, at the time we brought both those players as assets. Of course we did. Although we made a loss on Beattie (by 2M) I remember us actually making profit on AJ.

i would have said they were excess baggage tbh

What is "the story" ?

The lack of recreational options in Liverpool leads to the creation of a sub-species of human beings that spend their time creating conspiracy theories and fantasy stories in the hope that someone with a brain might research their utter tripe and provide them with the evidence, facts and credibility they have failed to find ever since the board has been in charge?

Dunno, just a thought jump for joy.gif

Looking back now. Yes. But that isn't my point. At the time when they were brought they would have been classed as assets wouldn't they? I mean, I might be wrong here, but I'm sure if you can sell something then it's an 'asset'.

Asset = "Anything tangible or intangible that is capable of being owned or controlled to produce value and that is held to have positive economic value is considered an asset"

When they (AJ & Beats) were brought, we all would have assumed they could have produced 'revenue' if/when they were sold. I mean, Sir Alex actually considered Beattie, but opted for spending his cash on C. Ronaldo!!!

The lack of recreational options in Liverpool leads to the creation of a sub-species of human beings that spend their time creating conspiracy theories and fantasy stories in the hope that someone with a brain might research their utter tripe and provide them with the evidence, facts and credibility they have failed to find ever since the board has been in charge?

Dunno, just a thought jump%20for%20joy.gif

Wouldn't happen in London now would it... is it only me that finds this type of arrogance astounding?

Oh sorry, I forgot he is well qualified to an opinion, occasionally he travels up from London where he mainly watches Essien perform 3 times better than Fellaini and takes his place in the Park End... I wonder if he qualifies this opinion by roughing it and having a cheeky pint in the Thomas Frost, just savouring the moment he can tell his chums in the city that he too is a proper fan... bit like watching a middle class teenager from berkshire gettin on down at an Eminem concert - sick, rad, what'sup,

Edited by Hafnia

Looking back now. Yes. But that isn't my point. At the time when they were brought they would have been classed as assets wouldn't they? I mean, I might be wrong here, but I'm sure if you can sell something then it's an 'asset'.

Asset = "Anything tangible or intangible that is capable of being owned or controlled to produce value and that is held to have positive economic value is considered an asset"

When they (AJ & Beats) were brought, we all would have assumed they could have produced 'revenue' if/when they were sold. I mean, Sir Alex actually considered Beattie, but opted for spending his cash on C. Ronaldo!!!

yeah they are on field assets i agree mate, but haf's post in ref to the board was more about the off-field assets i think?

Secondly, noone in their right mind would have paid £50m for Rooney at that time!? hasn't only Ronaldo's transfer surpassed the £50m point? Also, it wasn't like he was prolific in front of goal, he was only bought for that price based on potential.