IGNORED

Media and Everton

Louis

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prove it..i want details of deals from all other clubs..NOW! afro2.gif <<<<man i fuckin love this smiley laugh.png

I'll do prem off top of my head (at least 1 perm signing for each...)

Arse - Gervinho

Villa - N'Zogbia

Blackburn - Goodwillie

Bolton - Eagles

Chelsea - Romeu (edit - spelt wrong!!!)

EFC - "Watch this space..."

Fulham - Risse

Shite - Downing

Man.U - Young

Man.C - Aguero

Newcastle - Ba

Norwich - Vaughan

QPR - Campbell

Swansea - Lita

Stoke - Woodgate

Sunderland - Larsson

Tottenham - Friedel

West Brom - Gera

Wigan - Al Habsi

Wolves - Johnson

Someone else can do Championship and League 1 - I'll do League 2 later!!!

Edited by c1982

Title: Everton 1998 - 2011. The Kenwright years:

Introduction: Evertons history, 4th most succesful club in England. More success than United pre premier league, world cup stadium, Catterick, The moores years etc etc Then the following sub sections:

1998 - 2011 - The fiancial decline

Kings dock - what happened

The fortress fund - a hoax?

NTL deal - money spent against a failed investment

Long term high interest loans

Rooney...

Sale of assets

Destination Kirby

No AGM's

What if it wasn't for Moyes?

Conclusion:- What is the solution for a club that can not continue under a regime that was responsible for all the above

Are you taking the piss?

Evertons financial woes started way before Bill Kenwright took over, are you trying to say the club was prospering under Peter Johnson?

Selling Rooney was one of the best things to happen to the club in recent history and the lad wanted to leave anyway. So what would you have done let him rot in the reserves until his contract ran out and let him walk away for nothing?

Do you know that the fortress fund was a hoax?

Was it really BKs fault that NTL pulled out of the deal at the 11th hour?

Sale of assets, where do you think the money came from to build a team that is challenging for Europe instead of fighting relegation each year?

Who appointed Moyes in the first place?

Im not for one minute suggesting that Kenwright has been a resounding success as a Chairman and I admit there have been plenty of monumental fuck ups but to listen to you banging on about your conspiracy theories and anti Bill this and that you would think that the man had deliberately set out to destroy the club.

He hasnt got the money to take us any further but I will be eternally grateful that he has taken us this far

Be careful for what you wish for

Wouldn't happen in London now would it... is it only me that finds this type of arrogance astounding?

Oh sorry, I forgot he is well qualified to an opinion, occasionally he travels up from London where he mainly watches Essien perform 3 times better than Fellaini and takes his place in the Park End... I wonder if he qualifies this opinion by roughing it and having a cheeky pint in the Thomas Frost, just savouring the moment he can tell his chums in the city that he too is a proper fan... bit like watching a middle class teenager from berkshire gettin on down at an Eminem concert - sick, rad, what'sup,

hang on, i only get back home from Geneva once every now and again to see a game. Location doesnt define how much of a fan you are, just defines how lucky you folk are who do get to go week in, week out.

Haf what assets were you referring to one of either or both (on the field & off the field)?

Was reffering to off field assets, however the Rooney sale IMO was a give away. Complete and utter giveaway.

People may hit me with the £27m for a potential great player wasn't a bad deal... My view is that it was £20m on the drip plus add ons for a player who was already a top 10 player in the world at 18 was bad business.

Rooney was the worst kept secret in football. He wasn't potential he was already the team England relied on. Chelsea paid £24m for a premier league unproven Drogba who was 26 - Rooney was 18, already comparable and likely to get better...

hang on, i only get back home from Geneva once every now and again to see a game. Location doesnt define how much of a fan you are, just defines how lucky you folk are who do get to go week in, week out.

Maybe you need to see the comment Pax made to understand it's relevance:

The lack of recreational options in Liverpool leads to the creation of a sub-species of human beings that spend their time creating conspiracy theories and fantasy stories in the hope that someone with a brain might research their utter tripe and provide them with the evidence, facts and credibility they have failed to find ever since the board has been in charge?

Given Pax's previous statements of being located in London, working in the city etc, I find the comment pretty ignorant and indicative of the type of person he is. To highlight his ignorance I mirrored his attitude with a similarly ignorant and inflammatory remark.

Was reffering to off field assets, however the Rooney sale IMO was a give away. Complete and utter giveaway.

People may hit me with the £27m for a potential great player wasn't a bad deal... My view is that it was £20m on the drip plus add ons for a player who was already a top 10 player in the world at 18 was bad business.

Rooney was the worst kept secret in football. He wasn't potential he was already the team England relied on. Chelsea paid £24m for a premier league unproven Drogba who was 26 - Rooney was 18, already comparable and likely to get better...

it was maybe lower than we deserved especially in retrospect with todays transfer fees but im sure the prices back then were not as stupid as they are now. 27m for a 18 year old is a lot of money considering at that point he was only potential. Anything could have happened. Also bare in mind, part of that money went into developing a team that finished 4th the next season and since has been a regular in the upper part of the table. 1 step back but 3 steps forward in my opinion.

Maybe you need to see the comment Pax made to understand it's relevance:

The lack of recreational options in Liverpool leads to the creation of a sub-species of human beings that spend their time creating conspiracy theories and fantasy stories in the hope that someone with a brain might research their utter tripe and provide them with the evidence, facts and credibility they have failed to find ever since the board has been in charge?

Given Pax's previous statements of being located in London, working in the city etc, I find the comment pretty ignorant and indicative of the type of person he is. To highlight his ignorance I mirrored his attitude with a similarly ignorant and inflammatory remark.

fair enough mate, apologies!

Are you taking the piss?

Evertons financial woes started way before Bill Kenwright took over, are you trying to say the club was prospering under Peter Johnson?

Prior to Kenwright’s reign the business had a net worth of £10m, total debt of £20m and a positive balance sheet of £18m. Twelve years later, largely unreported by the media, things couldn’t be more different; the net worth of the business is now minus £75m, total debt has risen to £85m and the balance sheet is now minus £30m due to most of the assets being disposed of , this financial performance is a DECLINE

Selling Rooney was one of the best things to happen to the club in recent history and the lad wanted to leave anyway. So what would you have done let him rot in the reserves until his contract ran out and let him walk away for nothing?

Selling Rooney was not the best thing to happen to the club, it was necessary - a massive difference. The necessity of the sale meant we didn't have a leg to stand on in negotiations - £20m plus add ons, do me a favour.

Do you know that the fortress fund was a hoax?

Yes I do - KEIOC - proof of evidence 1.8 - It later transpired through an email21 issued by Ian Ross Everton’s Head of Communications andExternal Affairs to an Everton Shareholder that the Fortress Sports Fund proposals were actually a means to an end’ in order to prevent Mr Gregg from acquiring the club. The whole Fortress SportsFund episode was a sad and sorry episode in the history of Everton Football Club. It was a bleakdemonstration of the lengths individuals would be prepared to go to control Everton Football Club.

Was it really BKs fault that NTL pulled out of the deal at the 11th hour?

Who authorised the spending against money that we did not secure? Meaning we had to take out a monster loan?

Sale of assets, where do you think the money came from to build a team that is challenging for Europe instead of fighting relegation each year?

You serious??? I'll tell you what analyse this and do a running tally... http://www.toffeeweb.com/players/transfers.asp

Who appointed Moyes in the first place?

A broken clock is right twice a day

Im not for one minute suggesting that Kenwright has been a resounding success as a Chairman and I admit there have been plenty of monumental fuck ups but to listen to you banging on about your conspiracy theories and anti Bill this and that you would think that the man had deliberately set out to destroy the club.

He hasnt got the money to take us any further but I will be eternally grateful that he has taken us this far

He has never had the money or the business nous

Be careful for what you wish for

I'll do prem off top of my head (at least 1 perm signing for each...)

Arse - Gervinho

Villa - N'Zogbia

Blackburn - Goodwillie

Bolton - Eagles

Chelsea - Moreu

EFC - "Watch this space..."

Fulham - Risse

Shite - Downing

Man.U - Young

Man.C - Aguero

Newcastle - Ba

Norwich - Vaughan

QPR - Campbell

Swansea - Lita

Stoke - Woodgate

Sunderland - Larsson

Tottenham - Friedel

West Brom - Gera

Wigan - Al Habsi

Wolves - Johnson

Someone else can do Championship and League 1 - I'll do League 2 later!!!

i believed ya man :lol:

i was kiddin man tongue.png i think ibra is the most overrated player in history..decent but that's it in my eyes

Couldnt agree more!

You clearly havent seen Everton play for a while then! tongue.png

I didnt say that we were not in decline financially, along with the rest of the world, its called a recession.

You can quote as many figures as you like but its all relative. What was the squad worth when BK took over compared to now?

How much was the wage bill in those days compared to now?

Would you be happier if we still had a £15K wage cap?

My point was that you are taking the piss if you think BK is entirley to blame for the financial state of the club. Do you not remember the Johnson era?

Rooney was sold for £27M it doesnt matter if that was down to add ons or not that was the figure so why are you so hung up about the initial fee? and what would you have done? The bottom line is the lad wanted to go and so there was no way of stopping him

You lambast BK for getting such a poor deal for Rooney and yet you choose to ignore the deals for Mcfadden, AJ, Lescott etc who were all sold for greatly inflated prices

In one breath you scream from the rooftops that hes the devil incarnation if we dont sign anyone yet in the next you say he has destroyed the club for increasing the debt when he does buy anyone.

If we hadnt signed the players we did when we did and had gone down where would we be now?

I didnt say that we were not in decline financially, along with the rest of the world, its called a recession.

You can quote as many figures as you like but its all relative. What was the squad worth when BK took over compared to now?

How much was the wage bill in those days compared to now?

Would you be happier if we still had a £15K wage cap?

My point was that you are taking the piss if you think BK is entirley to blame for the financial state of the club. Do you not remember the Johnson era?

Rooney was sold for £27M it doesnt matter if that was down to add ons or not that was the figure so why are you so hung up about the initial fee? and what would you have done? The bottom line is the lad wanted to go and so there was no way of stopping him

You lambast BK for getting such a poor deal for Rooney and yet you choose to ignore the deals for Mcfadden, AJ, Lescott etc who were all sold for greatly inflated prices

In one breath you scream from the rooftops that hes the devil incarnation if we dont sign anyone yet in the next you say he has destroyed the club for increasing the debt when he does buy anyone.

If we hadnt signed the players we did when we did and had gone down where would we be now?

Have you not looked at the transfers and worked out the net cost?! It's practically negligible versus the debt. Where has the increased operational costs gone?! The debt increase is not in line with turnover, there is a mystery expense going on at the club. 85p in a £1.

It's not just bill I am referring to by the way, I refer to the board, relax. This is not just about kenwright.

I feel silly for actually entering a discussion on this, but in my opinion Zlatan Ibrahimovic has got everything you can ask from a striker. He's tall and powerful and can play with his back towards the opposition's goal and keep hold of the ball. If his team mates play a long ball he can win the aerial duel. He's got an incredibly powerful strike on goal. He's creative and has got fantastic ability on the ball. Plus he's an entertainer:

Stats don't lie either I guess. 16 goals and 9 assists in 29 La Liga games (a goal every 127 minutes) and 94 goals and 41 assists in 187 Serie A games (a goal every 159 minutes). Another interesting piece of trivia: he's been league champion with whatever club he's been at 9 times and for 8 years straight now (though he's lost two titles due to Calciopoli scandal that stripped Juventus of two titles).

Edited by Steve_E

Wow, I went fishing and caught a giant sized cretin, who went on to show an incredible amount of ignorance, likes to stereotype and yet again demonstrates the ability to be beyond stupid and make things up !

That's quite a catch !!!!!!

Have you not looked at the transfers and worked out the net cost?! It's practically negligible versus the debt. Where has the increased operational costs gone?! The debt increase is not in line with turnover, there is a mystery expense going on at the club. 85p in a £1.

It's not just bill I am referring to by the way, I refer to the board, relax. This is not just about kenwright.

I did wonder what you were getting at with the transfers link!

I will refer back to my earlier comment when Bill took over our top player was probably on approx £15k a week now we have Arteta on £70k a week. The net spend may well be negligible but the figures are somewhat distorted by the Rooney and Lescott transfer fees.

How much money per week were those 2 players on compared to the combined salaries of Bily, Johhny H, Distin, Beattie, Cahill etc , thats where all the money goes on player wages

BK is by no means beyond critisicm but I just feel that he does not deserve the abuse that is being levelled at him by you.

Even if you arent just singling him out I feel its ludicrous to completely ignore the part that was played by Peter Johnson in Evertons demise

I feel silly for actually entering a discussion on this, but in my opinion Zlatan Ibrahimovic has got everything you can ask from a striker. He's tall and powerful and can play with his back towards the opposition's goal and keep hold of the ball. If his team mates play a long ball he can win the aerial duel. He's got an incredibly powerful strike on goal. He's creative and has got fantastic ability on the ball. Plus he's an entertainer:

Stats don't lie either I guess. 16 goals and 9 assists in 29 La Liga games (a goal every 127 minutes) and 94 goals and 41 assists in 187 Serie A games (a goal every 159 minutes). Another interesting piece of trivia: he's been league champion with whatever club he's been at 9 times and for 8 years straight now (though he's lost two titles due to Calciopoli scandal that stripped Juventus of two titles).

he's still shit

Wow, I went fishing and caught a giant sized cretin, who went on to show an incredible amount of ignorance, likes to stereotype and yet again demonstrates the ability to be beyond stupid and make things up !

That's quite a catch !!!!!!

Ah the old shandy drinking stat invention machine. Blimey been fishing eh... that's so very common but yet almost fashionable thing for a city boy to do, almost like eating pie and mash....

From what I can make out by the clubs accounts, we are in a much worse financial state than Johnson left us in.

And the plight of the club can not be put down to the recession in the slightest! If anything the recession will only have helped by stopping us from increasing the debts even further.

From what I can make out by the clubs accounts, we are in a much worse financial state than Johnson left us in.

And the plight of the club can not be put down to the recession in the slightest! If anything the recession will only have helped by stopping us from increasing the debts even further.

I find that a little difficult to comprehend. The world is in financial meltdown and you honestly think that has helped? Companies are folding by the day and you think that is the kind of enviroment that makes it easy to attract investment??

I know plenty of people who have been layed off and so havent been able to afford to renew their season tickets and that has obviously benefited the club!

Look at the assets on the pitch, if we were to sell Felli, Jags, Rodwell, Baines, Arteta, Howard, Barkely and Coleman tomorrow would you still say that we are worse off financially than under Johnson?

BK could have left the squad at the same standard as when he took over but we would probably be getting ready to kick off the new season tomorrow against the likes of Oldham or Stockport County

I find that a little difficult to comprehend. The world is in financial meltdown and you honestly think that has helped? Companies are folding by the day and you think that is the kind of enviroment that makes it easy to attract investment??

I know plenty of people who have been layed off and so havent been able to afford to renew their season tickets and that has obviously benefited the club!

Look at the assets on the pitch, if we were to sell Felli, Jags, Rodwell, Baines, Arteta, Howard, Barkely and Coleman tomorrow would you still say that we are worse off financially than under Johnson?

BK could have left the squad at the same standard as when he took over but we would probably be getting ready to kick off the new season tomorrow against the likes of Oldham or Stockport County

No offence Dunc, you are missing the point entirely. The players that you mentioned were acquired by moyes being unbelievably astute and from youth production. It has absolutely nothing to do with kenwright and debt. Fellaini is being payed for on the drip, and the Johnson and McFadden sales secured the money for him.

Are you actually saying that we need to be grateful to kenwright for not cashing in on these players? Even he Is not that stupid. The risk of moyes walking out and the fans truly turning against him makes that a ridiculous scenario. Look at Ashley at Newcastle, if he carries on he will never be able to set foot in st James park again.

The reality is, moyes has papered over the cracks that is the everton board.

If you gave your mrs £20 to provide food and drink for a party of 10 people, would you be strutting round taking credit for the feast she managed to miraculously put together?

Edited by Hafnia