IGNORED

Its not all bad

Ok so it's not all bad in my opinion.

That £10m has gone straight to the bank I would expect.

With Vaughan, Beckford, Pienaar, Yak money I would expect some dosh to be available after Christmas.

The most important thing was to keep Jags and Felli I think.

COYB.

HAHAHAHHAHAAHA

get real mate..all that money has gone to the bank..saving on wages or whatever..we'll most likely have fuck all next season to and have to sell fellaini..no way he's gonna sign a new contract at this club

also adding to that..if drenthe turns out to be a cracker then someone else will come in for him before we can sign him permanently..then this argie lad could be a good un and we won't be able to afford to bring him in permanently either!! we've already lost one paddle in shit creek..better start usin our hands boys cos the other one is gonna fuck off soon too im sure

The way I see it we may well have just secured the future of our club without having to significantly weaken the team. Everyone knows about the escalating debts at Everton and something had to be done about it, I thought we were probaby looking at selling the likes of Baines or Felliani to balance the books which would be far worse.

We have sold Arteta for 10m, Beckford for 4m Vaughan for 2.5m and Yakubu for 1.5m = 18m. Best estimates (using FM) we are also getting rid of Arteta 75k, Yakubu 55k, Beckford 20k and Vaughan 15k in wages per week =165k per week or 9m per year. So in 1 year the club are saving 27million.

So how much has the team been weakened:

Arteta: Approaching his twighlight years where his ability aswell as his value is on the decline. The emergance of Ross Barkley has strengthened an already strong Centre Midfield, I thought this was one area we could afford to lose someone, and purely down to age and potential I would rather it be Arteta than Felliani, Rodwell or Barkley.

Yakubu - Has barely made an appearance for 12months and would be unlikely to do so if we allowed him to run down the last year of his contract. Not weakening the side at all, this one is a no-brainer for me.

Beckford - The one that splits opinion the most. IMO he just isn't a premiership striker and never will be, think he is no better than what we still have ie Saha, Anichebe, Vellios. Looked dreadful playing as a lone striker which is how Moyes likes to play so I think to get 4m for him is a great bit of business, hopefully him and the Yak leaving may give some of the younger lads a chance.

Vaughan - When was the last time he played? Into the last year of his contract. Not weakening the side at all, for 2.5m this one is a no-brainer for me.

Like I mentioned this is all my oppinion and am sure some/most of you may disagree but I m just trying to look at things positively. Also I have not mentioned the new signings because to be honest I don't know enough about them, am reserving judgement untill I see them play a few games. However I will say I really don't like loaning players, just see it as a short term fix and abit of a waste of money to be honest. would rather see us give our own players a chance, especially when loaning players from foreign leagues, it will probably take them a season to adjust, Edin Dzeko a prime example of that.

Agree absolutely. I was about to post virtually the same, but you got there earlier! ;)

Got the bank off our back, without seriously putting us in the relegation zone. The time to take stock of where we are, giving us a more financial grounding. Hopefully the 'powers that be' learn something from this so we don't get this deep in the smelly stuff again.

In all probability we'll be a selling club for the foreseeable future, so those who don't like it - get used to it! There is no fairy godmother out there with a wad of cash to buy a club that needs an overhaul both at board and ground facilities level - not as a business venture anyway.

We are indeed lucky that this has happened at the start of the season and not in the January window - too little time to make corrections at that time.

Let's start fresh.... get behind the boys in royal blue and make this the start of a new era!

COYB!!!!!!

Agree absolutely. I was about to post virtually the same, but you got there earlier! wink.png

Got the bank off our back, without seriously putting us in the relegation zone. The time to take stock of where we are, giving us a more financial grounding. Hopefully the 'powers that be' learn something from this so we don't get this deep in the smelly stuff again.

In all probability we'll be a selling club for the foreseeable future, so those who don't like it - get used to it! There is no fairy godmother out there with a wad of cash to buy a club that needs an overhaul both at board and ground facilities level - not as a business venture anyway.

We are indeed lucky that this has happened at the start of the season and not in the January window - too little time to make corrections at that time.

Let's start fresh.... get behind the boys in royal blue and make this the start of a new era!

COYB!!!!!!

Have to agree here.

also adding to that..if drenthe turns out to be a cracker then someone else will come in for him before we can sign him permanently..then this argie lad could be a good un and we won't be able to afford to bring him in permanently either!! we've already lost one paddle in shit creek..better start usin our hands boys cos the other one is gonna fuck off soon too im sure

Marco take some happy pills.

All i can say, hand on heart, is that this window emphasised that DM will not be looking away from the 4-5-1 formation.

Selling two strikers show's he doesn't need many strikers because of the style we play. Getting a tall, strong guy up to indicates our play will be through midfiled, and also where our goals are going to come from.

why the fuck should i? what do we do next year then? just say some old shit of lets just get behind the boys anyways! COYB! etc etc...i'll whinge like fuck if i want to and i plan to

Well said mate. Please dont tell anyone to be f**king happy at the moment, its bloody patronising. Marco has every right to be negative at the moment

will saha stay fit. and will felli stay period

If saha doesn't stay fit then moyes needs to play another of his strikers not just cahill or felli up top. Felli can't go anywhere for now (until Jan!)

We play 1 striker and we have 4 options in Saha, Anichebe, Denis and Velios - I hope Saha stays fit and Denis is a lot better than Anichebe. I can see Velios getting some game time this season which doesn't disappoint me as I have been encouraged by what I've seen.

If saha doesn't stay fit then moyes needs to play another of his strikers not just cahill or felli up top. Felli can't go anywhere for now (until Jan!)

We play 1 striker and we have 4 options in Saha, Anichebe, Denis and Velios - I hope Saha stays fit and Denis is a lot better than Anichebe. I can see Velios getting some game time this season which doesn't disappoint me as I have been encouraged by what I've seen.

Anichebe is not an option, Saha we will be lucky to get 20 games out of, which means a raw velios and or an unproven Leicester reject for 20 plus games. Scary.

Ha ha!

If he's in a blue shirt and he's leading the line he's got my full support. I've not booed a blue before and I don't plan to either!

He doesn't lead the line though i'm afraid - not going to boo him, just would rather not have to have the temptation. Poor control, sulky, goes to ground easy. Seen the odd game where he does it, seen too many where he just doesn't or seem bothered to.

He doesn't lead the line though i'm afraid - not going to boo him, just would rather not have to have the temptation. Poor control, sulky, goes to ground easy. Seen the odd game where he does it, seen too many where he just doesn't or seem bothered to.

Wasnt that sort of striker, everyone knew this except Moyes it appears. Played his best with a partner

Does it look that bad?

world_of_sport-19992797-1314871896.jpg?ymY5OlFDqfb1rx..

not really, since we will probably finish above quite a few of them. Sunderland, Stoke, Villa.... theyre usually spending more than us, cant remember the last time one of them finished above.

Im really not sure where this idea of spending = ambition came from. I dont care about that table, it means nothing. I dont care that Norwich, QPR and Swansea all had money to spend. I care about the table which shows points, games played, goals for/against etc. The one that shows that under this manager and board we have usually finished in the top 10, half the time in Europe.

not really, since we will probably finish above quite a few of them. Sunderland, Stoke, Villa.... theyre usually spending more than us, cant remember the last time one of them finished above.

Im really not sure where this idea of spending = ambition came from. I dont care about that table, it means nothing. I dont care that Norwich, QPR and Swansea all had money to spend. I care about the table which shows points, games played, goals for/against etc. The one that shows that under this manager and board we have usually finished in the top 10, half the time in Europe.

Matt. Stop it. That was my point :)