IGNORED

Price Tag is £100M

His face on Saturday did not portray that of a captain. Dummy was well out.

hear Gary Neville on sky yesterday when asked why phil was dropped. he said probably his performance in the Blackburn game and started laughing.

had a bit of a laugh myself.

also Phil and David James in Football Forum.

"when Phil scored past me, it was the worst moment of my career"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i shall elaborate.

for example, Ross Barkley is worth say £20m in the transfer market.

but if he earns £5k a week, thats £260,000 over a year.

if he has two years on that contract his contract is worth £520,000, but week after week the value of that contract declines.

I see what you are saying.

Would that affect the overall price of the club though? Surely you would have to look upon players as a fixed asset value and their contracts as well. These would be renewed as and when the business required them to be to reflect the valuation of that player at a specific point in time?

players can't be viewed as a fixed asset can they? what if they get injured and have to retire?

Clubs insure against things like that I believe

I should probably say that valuing a football club is like no other business I should imagine. How can Everton a currently loss making enterprise be worth £100million?

Outside of football any business like that would have been wound up by now

I should probably say that valuing a football club is like no other business I should imagine. How can Everton a currently loss making enterprise be worth £100million?

because as long as we are in the EPL, we offer global advertising possibilities. Thats worth more than gold

guess they do insure but still i can't see the valuation of the players insurance bein counted as an asset..and are we making that much of a loss now with the reduced wages? will just have to wait and see...

Edited by marcopaulo

I see what you are saying.

Would that affect the overall price of the club though? Surely you would have to look upon players as a fixed asset value and their contracts as well. These would be renewed as and when the business required them to be to reflect the valuation of that player at a specific point in time?

as marco said, they arent fixed because they are people. things happen, circumstances change with people, it very rarely happens with buildings, tools, furniture, etc..

Fellaini could be worth £30m in the transfer market, if he decides he wants to retire or has a car crash or bad injury, nothing can be done, if his £30m transfer value was reflected in the clubs valuation everyone makes a loss over night if he quits.

they are insured, but again, not at transfer value, at contract value. if he just decides to retire everton would not be given £30m, if he gets a bad injury we may get his contract paid out.

Edited by StevO

It is a stadium

91k capacity cost $251million

Not a huge amount of money for the revenue it probably returns.

Attributing value to people as you say is difficult but it must be factored into a decision by any potential investor, if only to understand the level of investment required rather than attribute a value to the club?

Dependent of course on what your plan was for the club

It is a stadium

91k capacity cost $251million

Not a huge amount of money for the revenue it probably returns.

Attributing value to people as you say is difficult but it must be factored into a decision by any potential investor, if only to understand the level of investment required rather than attribute a value to the club?

Dependent of course on what your plan was for the club

bound to be some kind of factor but not a financial one on paper..i mean if you took over a premiership team with a shit squad that would likely go down then that's a different ball game

I accept the club isnt worth x based upon the value of their players and this would not directly affect the valuation of the club

However I believe it would be a factor to consider

Eg - How much player investment to

1- retain premier league status

2- break into top 4

3- win the league

Dependent upon your aspirations for the club

why they hold an nba game at an nfl stadium? or is it a multi-purpose thing?

It was the all star game, so it has a huge following. that stadium holds over 80,000 seated, but when you fill the football field with seats it goes closer to 110,000 with a court in the middle and a stage at either end.

I still dont agree. People are assets, to a company. Hell at the company I work for the people are the most valuable asset. Companies and investors buy expertise as well as solid assets.

Most tenders that I win are based on the people alone.

Yes, things happen, people quit, footballers get injured, but show me a foolproof investment and ill show you my wallet.

No, I dont think that the players are a big part of the valuation, but I can bet you anything that the investors are looking at the clubs players, weighing up contract, thinking about who they could earn a buck from. Who is going to bring in more money in sponsorships and endorsments. Whos going to sell the most shirts? Why the hell would anyone want to sign Beckham these days? For his skills? His pace? His love of the game? No, for his shirt selling ability. Thats it.

If they arent, Bills barking up the wrong tree. Cause I wouldnt want an owner who doesnt think that the players playing for my club as the biggest asset.

No one is saying they don't have a value at all. Just that the value isn't the same as a proposed transfer Market value.

Yes employees are an asset to the company and how the company is run, but that's more cliche than financial. None of us are on our companies balance sheet are we? So the sentiment is not the same.

In fairness it doesn't really matter if anyone believes me or not, it's a matter of finance and the valuers opinion, none of ours.

Doesn't matter if assets are fixed or not. Nike is a multi-billion company and have very little fixed assets. The biggest asset is the brand name and that we play in the premiership(highly doubtful we would still be if we hadn't sold the fixed assets). So please stop going on about fixed assets, selling them has payed off 10-fold already.

I still dont agree. People are assets, to a company. Hell at the company I work for the people are the most valuable asset. Companies and investors buy expertise as well as solid assets.

Most tenders that I win are based on the people alone.

Yes, things happen, people quit, footballers get injured, but show me a foolproof investment and ill show you my wallet.

No, I dont think that the players are a big part of the valuation, but I can bet you anything that the investors are looking at the clubs players, weighing up contract, thinking about who they could earn a buck from. Who is going to bring in more money in sponsorships and endorsments. Whos going to sell the most shirts? Why the hell would anyone want to sign Beckham these days? For his skills? His pace? His love of the game? No, for his shirt selling ability. Thats it.

If they arent, Bills barking up the wrong tree. Cause I wouldnt want an owner who doesnt think that the players playing for my club as the biggest asset.

think about it though who do we REALLY have that we can class as an asset, Baines, Fellani,Jags,Barkley and maybe Rodwell, who who are worth any kinda real money, the rest of them including another 4(who we will be lucky to get anything for) are not really going to command any decent fee's are they, and are hardly assets

and in todays complex transfer market its very difficult to put a price on any player tbh, therefore making it very difficult to class them as assets

Our players in essence are just a part of the overall worth of the club. They represent its current standing I guess as a middle of the road, might win a cup, wont get relegated, wont win

the league, might get europa football, outside bet for top 4 champions league pot of gold.

A quite brilliant summary codders

Our players in essence are just a part of the overall worth of the club. They represent its current standing I guess as a middle of the road, might win a cup, wont get relegated, wont win the league, might get europa football, outside bet for top 4 champions league pot of gold.

But to an investor, how much investment in the squad would bring the club up to the top 4? What does Everton need in form of players to start tapping into the european money? Not a lot of investment imo.

Right wing and a striker. And perhaps some decent backup in some positions. Buy the club, wipe slate clean. Invest 20-25 mil in players. Start tapping into euro money. Cost around 150 mil all in all.

Where are the chinese when you need them? They are economically taking over the world, but how many chinese businessmen have invested in football clubs? Anyone heard of any?

Next cost would be the arena, granted, but as someone stated earlier, an arena actually pays itself in the end anyhow.