IGNORED

Manchester City v Everton

Avinalaff

Hey lads, if you can't take it - so be it.

No skin of my nose.

Enough chaos at City tonight without having to worry about a minority of Everton fans who get wound up.

Why not make the board purely Everton? have done with it. If that's what you're about that's fair enough, just don't advertise as open to other fans.

Make your minds up, but stick to it whatever you decide.... stay or go?

Will check back in the morning - I've a few beers to drown first

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey lads, if you can't take it - so be it.

No skin of my nose.

Enough chaos at City tonight without having to worry about a minority of Everton fans who get wound up.

Why not make the board purely Everton? have done with it. If that's what you're about that's fair enough, just don't advertise as open to other fans.

Make your minds up, but stick to it whatever you decide.... stay or go?

Will check back in the morning - I've a few beers to drown first

With the best intentions matey it's more a question of either you get thicker skin, or don't, as opposed to whether we welcome other fans or not.

If you're going to ask for a vote of confidence each time you get a little rejection on another clubs forum then you'll be in for quite a ride.

You've been treated very respectfully by everybody during your time here Fanchester which is a stark contrast to how our fans are treated on City forums, as you will appreciate. Some Evertonians will embrace your views, and others will make you feel unwelcome. 'That' unfortunately is what life is like whilst visiting rival forums. You're not going to get a blanketed invitation full of promises and guarantees in case that's what you're looking for.

You may or may not intend to wind people up, but to give you fair warning, most of the lads on here are as sharp as a knife, and don't miss a trick, even if they're also friendly enough to let most of it ride. I've read your posts on 606 and you seem a fair minded poster, but things are very difficult for Everton at the moment, and I think you're not being very tactful with some comments, in view of our circumstances.

You can't really grumble if you're going to offer veiled insults, dressed up with 'don't take offence ...' or 'don't get mad ... but' .... whether you mean it or not. smile.png

Is it any different to telling a girl that 'I don't want to hurt your feelings, but many lads think you're ugly', or 'don't take offence, but you're a bit fat'. For every 100 lads who don't take offence you're going to get some lads who do, especially when the guy pointing our inadequacies out just happens to be a City fan. That's human nature.

It's the equivalent of having 2 lads with nothing to brag about stood up to their neck in dog shit, and for a genie to drag one to safety, clean him up, and dress him in scented riches, only for the guy to look down and tell the lad still stood in the shit that he smells a bit. shaking%20fist.png

As for this insensitive comment, you must be having a fucking laugh, and that's the first time I've sworn on this board 'ever' :mellow.png

You're talking about a set of fans worried about their clubs very survival, and you have the cheek to write that just because your billion pound dream team are 2 goals behind in the Champions league. Well woopy fuckety doo if you have more to concern yourself with. worship[1].gif

It's the Merseyside Derby this weekend, so forgive a few of us for not really giving a toss about how we played against City any more, and focusing our minds on our biggest match of the year so far, despite your lads thinking everybody only thinks about City.

It's nothing personal. If you stick around, then great. If you don't, then don't. I'm fairly sure if it was the other way around your fans would not be so eloquent with their replies. In fact I can guarantee it from personal experience. smile.png

In the words of a different City fan ........... Some might say roll with it, or whatever, d'you know what I mean? Stop crying your heart out, and go let it out, little by little, all around the world. I'm outta time. so see ya in the morning glory. wink.png

Edited by Avinalaff

Can't agree about the survival issue.... Everton will survive, even though it's not looking brilliant.

As for my lot? humm.. this ride won't last forever... and it's only the fans that'll get left behind. It will end in tears eventually - so I think the concerns are the same really - money making a mess of things across the board.

I'm more than happy to stick around - I see it as broadening football horizons!... but then I watch Blackburn and Burnley too when I can... there's more to the football world than just my club!

As for the post about Bayern....

Damn right - we were taught another harsh lesson by a great great team (or at least they made themselves look great and made us look like second rate). I thought we'd lose and we did. Too fragile by half. We've much to learn. But hopefully, we can teach a certain Argentinian some lessons too - but I can't see it happening.

Don't suppose you fancy a proven striker - 110% work rate - but doesn't do Tuesday night shift for personal reasons?

Looks good in blue, makes David Moyes look like a super model, and is no fan of Manchester.

Will part-ex for Leighton Baines

not sure why it's time for him to say goodbye? he seems much more decent than a lot of city fans that post around the internet..that thread they had on bluemoon made me feel sorry for the moronic bag of cunts..this guy has made an effort and done some big posts..a couple of digs i will agree intentional or not..city fans piss me off..but not the ones who make an effort..just the ones who sit in their computer chairs with their lumpy little dicks in their hands and complain everyone hates them cos of jealousy..it's not jealousy..i was happy to see another team challenge the sky lot..still am..i just hate most of the wankers that have jumped on the coat tails for the ride

Keep your mitts off Baines.

Not sure City would want him - new we've got Clichy - but he's definitely as good. It's the other teams who'll come sniffing for him.

The thing I like about him is his build... very stocky but appears quick too (not always easy to tell unless he gets a good 50 yard sprint)

I think if we GAVE you some money and Tevez, most City fans would be happy now!.

Can we borrow Moysey on loan... just to give Calos the love he needs... a warm a embrace and a Glasgow kiss

Edited by FanchesterCity

Fanchester, I don't want to sound biased but I think Baines is probably the best left back in the world right now from an attacking perspective. Defensively it is up for debate, but he's not bad. Even away from normal duties, he is one of the best dead ball players I've seen at Everton, and his penalties and free kicks are top drawer. I think Cole will lose his place in the England team soon. If there was one player fans would probably not want to lose it would be Baines. He is currently our heart beat, and one of the most exciting players in English football.

Not sure you could give us Tevez just now after that disgusting display in the CL. What kind of player would refuse to go on the field of play in a CL match?

I think we have probably seen the last of him in a Man City shirt this time. And with that kind of disruption, I don't think many premier league teams would be too interested either. Not with a wage bill as high as he wants. No matter how good he is, he is simply not worth it. I think he has possibly destroyed his own career with that one spiteful stupid immature act.

It looks like he was moaning to Zabaletta about it all, and Zabaletta was ignoring him - cos he knew Tevez was in the wrong (Zab is a very well respected player).

The rumour on the inside is this:

1) Tevez thought he was going to be in the starting 11, and wasn't and was told this sometime before arriving at the stadium. Tevez's mood was noticeable different after being told - but that's 'normal' (ish)

2) Tevez wasn't pleased - Mancini's been letting have the last 10 minutes recently - I suspect part of 'letting him know who's boss'

3) Tevez thought he was coming on for Dzeko, and got pissed that De Jong came on in midfield. (Mancini has some questionable logic to this, but he's the boss)

4) Tevez is asked to warm up (in order to come on 10 mins later) and gets funny about it (he's been warming up a lot of late and being made to wait, and wait).

5) There's some sort of altercation along the lines of 'I'm already warmed up, I'm not warming up again"

6) Tevez then starts some conversation with Zabaletta, and Zabaletta is trying to ignore him, but it slowly starting to fume... he's got a VERY disgruntled Dzeko on one side of him, and Tevez doing a little brat routine in his ear hole.

7) Zabaletta turns on Tevez! - believed to be along the lines of "It's not very polite to sit on your bum whilst we appear to be in a spot of bother"

8) Mancini THEN thinks Zabaletta is moaning too - it's a comedy of errors at this point!

Mancini soon after the game apologises to Zabaletta for the misunderstanding with him.

Summary -

Dzeko pissed off and created a fuss as he comes off - VERY BAD form

Tevez decides to sulk a little too much and goes a step too far (I suspect he thought he was being clever, and TRULY regrets it now)

Zabaletta (Tevez's best interpreter) gets mad with Tevez for the stunt he's pulled

Fact is - Tevez said no. Technically he was asked to warm up in preparation to come on, very soon. There was no 'misunderstanding'. Tevez might claim he only said "no" to warming up - but they are waiting for him to collude with his agent to come up with a 'story' on this.

Mancini was fuming, but knew he was on TV - wasn't prepared to make it any more public at that point (although it was clearly an issue caught on TV).

Mancini VERY upset (visibly, on TV - almost with tears in his eyes) just after the game, feeling let down - partly by Dzeko, partly by the loss in general, and of course with 'brat' Tevez.

I felt for Mancini - too much power in Tevez hands and made ALL the worse because he's a cracking player. Mancini's HAD to drop him because City can't keep relying on him! We are planning for life without him (at Tevez's request!).

That comes from a VERY VERY close source within the City setup.

.e.g My mate is a mate of someone in the dressing room, and it's not admin / medical staff.

Make of it what you will, but I believe it to be 100% accurate barring for mild chinese whispers

Sourced from someone in the dugout area last night - can't say more than that - so it's not the dressing room cleaner.

and the real reason tevez hasn't played much is two fold - partly as a lesson, but mostly as I said - he wants to go, so in the long term, Mancini HAS to start preparing for him going - that's why he bought Aguero (who he was going to buy anyway), but will now be a total replacement for Tevez.

Some fans will say he should still get whatever he can out of Tevez before he goes, and others will say "treat him as gone, and start workiing without him NOW" - I'm in the latter camp - since at least that way, you get a happy Aguero. Why get him upset too? and the sooner he settles, the better.

This is what happens when you throw together a team in this way... no surprise really. They can be brilliant, but they are fragile - cos they aren't a team. It takes a lot of wins and a lot of time / stability to get that.

Fergie manages it cos he rules with an iron fist from an early age... then bought in players coming into the team are already knowing the regime at United.

City have no such reputation - but Mancini's slowly doing trying to do the same thing - no matter how good you are (Bellamy / Adebayor) if you're trouble, you're OUT.

Good man I say.

not sure why it's time for him to say goodbye? he seems much more decent than a lot of city fans that post around the internet..that thread they had on bluemoon made me feel sorry for the moronic bag of cunts..this guy has made an effort and done some big posts..a couple of digs i will agree intentional or not..city fans piss me off..but not the ones who make an effort..just the ones who sit in their computer chairs with their lumpy little dicks in their hands and complain everyone hates them cos of jealousy..it's not jealousy..i was happy to see another team challenge the sky lot..still am..i just hate most of the wankers that have jumped on the coat tails for the ride

He seems a more than decent guy to be honest but it's just getting annoying every post having a Man.City comparison or an opinion based on perceptions. He has become the main poster over the past week and where I respect his opinion in general I'm on her to chat Everton, not to educate and not to make comparisons on each subject.

I may be in the minority on this but I'm on here to share opinions with other Evertonians, I don't mind a bit of banter with other fans in the occasional thread but when we have a non-Evertonian as a main poster we're doing a dis-service to our moto: 'Everton FC Forums For The Thinking Evertonian'...

C1982, I respect your opinion of course, but I also respect the opinion of others too. Having a friendly supporter of another club post is a breath of fresh air. The truth is that without such posts we would not have responded to them. That is only good for the forum IMO. Of course we don't want to go too far on Man City as the game ois now over and done with, but there is no harm in other fans posting honest opinions really.

C1982, I respect your opinion of course, but I also respect the opinion of others too. Having a friendly supporter of another club post is a breath of fresh air. The truth is that without such posts we would not have responded to them. That is only good for the forum IMO. Of course we don't want to go too far on Man City as the game ois now over and done with, but there is no harm in other fans posting honest opinions really.

I agree there's no harm but popping up in the majority of threads on a daily basis... too much in my opinion.

Genuinely don't know.

He's been so very good for us, it's hard not to have a soft spot (but that's just melancholy). At the end of the day, even if it was a misunderstanding, at least LOOK concerned when you're losing 2-0.

We are no longer inundated with strikers (by recent standards) and a lot of games to play, so there's a chance he'll play in league cup, or might HAVE to be used if we get injuries - but can you trust a man like that? can you actually trust he'll score for you? I just don't know.

I think he was petulant and must feel a prize idiot. He'll be so sorry - not for us, but for the damage to his already questionable image.

I think Mancini made a mistake last night in losing his rag (although he was holding together well in some regards). He should have said "no comment". The only way out for both of them now, is if they go down this 'said no to warming up' story... but that makes Mancini look like he made a mistake - he didn't.

People say we can afford to keep him hanging around - that's true, BUT we need that 30-40 million we want for him to help with the financial fair play rules. We won't get 50 for him, 40 if we're lucky. I think we could get 30 for him, but he's not helped himself with this stunt.

30 million and 150K a week off our wage bill will do us nicely, but then we have 3 unproven front men. A questionable one (Dzeko), a liability one (Balotelli) and possibly the best of the bunch (Aguero) - but he's still unproven really - it's early days.

I have a sneaky suspicion he might play again - yes. With a LOT of PR work from both sides, and probably in a low(ish) key cup game.

He's a strange lad - he sits on his own in the dressing room quite a lot (I mean in his own little corner), and often sits alone on during travel too. Quite seriously, he is a bit mixed up.

He made a shocking choice last night, shocking - the choice a silly young man sometimes makes.

The very best thing he could do is say "I was angry and I wanted to get my own back on the manager - I was stupid, didn't think it through, I let EVERYBODY down... I have given up 6 months wages and will pay for every fan to traveled to be reimbursed." it's the only way forward is to come clean and take it like a man.

It's on an Everton vs City thread - threads die naturally when interest dies.

What happens at my club is relevant to what happens at Everton - for good and bad. We went down a certain path and are experience the good and bad of that - these are issues that you could face too... (and in some cases ARE facing).

If you genuinely want to help Everton, surely it's good to know the effects of potential decisions you're making? i.e.new stadium, new owners.

If Everton are going to be back where they probably should be - and if the fan base is as worldwide as claimed, then you have to get used to Everton fans who will never come to the ground, or even see you play live. Fans who can't speak the language, and have never heard of Walton.

If you're a global club, you're a global club, and the interest in Everton will extend to other fan bases too - not all of whom have an agenda, or share the 'can't stand Everton' view.

Today it might look like City's issues and Everton's issues are a million miles apart - but things change quickly. This game only works with other teams to play against - and I for one want to be playing proper quality teams - and that's Everton (and dare I say Liverpool) and others.

The future of Everton affects all fans.

Remember, IF things go badly wrong at Everton (through no fault of your own) you might actually need the support of other fans. There are clubs just this weekend begging for other fans to turn up at their ground to help save them.

One of the reasons I avoid the City boards is that it's just Sky Blue coloured vision all day. 'Rooney's crap', 'Liverpool deluded' etc. Fans seem all to willing to say "look at what Barca do, or Madrid" - but don't have the balls to look nearer and learn from other fans and teams - they get all phobic about it.

If I'm a bloody top poster - you should be ashamed! (and I'm not).

Everton aren't a bloody village team... I've like to think their fans have the same world view of football as the club. Open minded and expanding.

Genuinely don't know.

He's been so very good for us, it's hard not to have a soft spot (but that's just melancholy). At the end of the day, even if it was a misunderstanding, at least LOOK concerned when you're losing 2-0.

We are no longer inundated with strikers (by recent standards) and a lot of games to play, so there's a chance he'll play in league cup, or might HAVE to be used if we get injuries - but can you trust a man like that? can you actually trust he'll score for you? I just don't know.

I think he was petulant and must feel a prize idiot. He'll be so sorry - not for us, but for the damage to his already questionable image.

I think Mancini made a mistake last night in losing his rag (although he was holding together well in some regards). He should have said "no comment". The only way out for both of them now, is if they go down this 'said no to warming up' story... but that makes Mancini look like he made a mistake - he didn't.

People say we can afford to keep him hanging around - that's true, BUT we need that 30-40 million we want for him to help with the financial fair play rules. We won't get 50 for him, 40 if we're lucky. I think we could get 30 for him, but he's not helped himself with this stunt.

30 million and 150K a week off our wage bill will do us nicely, but then we have 3 unproven front men. A questionable one (Dzeko), a liability one (Balotelli) and possibly the best of the bunch (Aguero) - but he's still unproven really - it's early days.

I have a sneaky suspicion he might play again - yes. With a LOT of PR work from both sides, and probably in a low(ish) key cup game.

He's a strange lad - he sits on his own in the dressing room quite a lot (I mean in his own little corner), and often sits alone on during travel too. Quite seriously, he is a bit mixed up.

He made a shocking choice last night, shocking - the choice a silly young man sometimes makes.

The very best thing he could do is say "I was angry and I wanted to get my own back on the manager - I was stupid, didn't think it through, I let EVERYBODY down... I have given up 6 months wages and will pay for every fan to traveled to be reimbursed." it's the only way forward is to come clean and take it like a man.

If he plays another game, has a blinder, can't see much of a problem. The fans will forgive him and everybody moves on, no big deal.

It's on an Everton vs City thread - threads die naturally when interest dies.

What happens at my club is relevant to what happens at Everton - for good and bad. We went down a certain path and are experience the good and bad of that - these are issues that you could face too... (and in some cases ARE facing).

If you genuinely want to help Everton, surely it's good to know the effects of potential decisions you're making? i.e.new stadium, new owners.

If Everton are going to be back where they probably should be - and if the fan base is as worldwide as claimed, then you have to get used to Everton fans who will never come to the ground, or even see you play live. Fans who can't speak the language, and have never heard of Walton.

If you're a global club, you're a global club, and the interest in Everton will extend to other fan bases too - not all of whom have an agenda, or share the 'can't stand Everton' view.

Today it might look like City's issues and Everton's issues are a million miles apart - but things change quickly. This game only works with other teams to play against - and I for one want to be playing proper quality teams - and that's Everton (and dare I say Liverpool) and others.

The future of Everton affects all fans.

Remember, IF things go badly wrong at Everton (through no fault of your own) you might actually need the support of other fans. There are clubs just this weekend begging for other fans to turn up at their ground to help save them.

One of the reasons I avoid the City boards is that it's just Sky Blue coloured vision all day. 'Rooney's crap', 'Liverpool deluded' etc. Fans seem all to willing to say "look at what Barca do, or Madrid" - but don't have the balls to look nearer and learn from other fans and teams - they get all phobic about it.

If I'm a bloody top poster - you should be ashamed! (and I'm not).

Everton aren't a bloody village team... I've like to think their fans have the same world view of football as the club. Open minded and expanding.

Let it stay in the Everton - City thread then.

I'm not ashamed of my post count - I'm in a job where I can't post throughout the day and often just scan at the end of a days work.

Sites like 606 are for neutrals, this is an Everton forum. I don't want to be reading posts where we're being compared to City every other post. I want to be reading posts and debating with like minded football fans - Evertonians. You make some very valid points but your Everton knowledge is of an outsider looking in - you won't post passionately about our club, nor can you understand where we are at currently. You may empathise with us but only us blues truely understand.

Yeah... like 3 of them ;-)

But yeah I agree, and vice versa really. One you filter out the obvious rubbish of 'your team is dross, and mine is wonderful' etc etc it's interesting hear.

And it can cheer you up sometimes - when you think you're down and out and a blackburn fan points out to you THEIR owners... suddenly things look a lot brighter!

other teams misery doesn't cheer me up..i couldn't give a fuck about other teams...if my club is on its arse it hurts me..if another club is on its arse worse it doesn't alter the fact mine still is

But it's perspective and relativity. You can think your club is in a bigger mess than it really is. Half the issue with fans IS comparison with others and wanting to compete. And if you don't look at what happens elsewhere, you might end up as Venkytonians.

BK might not have Jack Walker's wealth, but he's not Mike Ashley either. It's not so much taking pleasure from others misery, just taking solace in 'it could be worse... and there's proof of what can happen when folks just want a sugar daddy" etc

Yes, it's not a good time for Everton, but even so, you're no fighting it out at the bottom of the league. The team looks to have a good spirit and capable of mid table in their sleep - so even in the dire times, it's holding up very well. There's not that much evidence against Everton to say they couldn't finish in the top 6.

So 'on it's arse' might be a mild overstatement!

Plus, other clubs with similar issues at least tells you that it's probably not entirely down to Everton management - there are other factors at play - so sacking the board might not be the best option. If it was JUST Everton, then it would be more worrying.

wait til 2 years time when cahill is too old..fellaini, baines, rodwell and barkley have fucked off..howard is knockin on..vellios is either good and gone somewhere else or is shit and still our first choice..then come back and say it ain't on it's arse...nothin to be positive about i'm afraid..unless our plan a works in a game we are generally fucked..only reason it worked against wigan is cos they are a poor poor side and it still took us ages to break past them

Have you ever thought of a career with the Samritans?

When you put it like that, yes, there's not light at the end of a tunnel other than the train coming towards you.

Looks like you have only the following possibles:

1) The youth / cheap players strategy pays dividends and you get a crop of exceptional talent coming in, and you start competing for a top 4 finish (improbable)

2) You keep on bringing in youth and cheap imports but they prove to be average, even with moyes getting the best out of them - that will bore the fans in the end, and gates will fall - mid table ad infinitum - really means you slip backwards.

3) You do something very exceptional in the next two seasons and scrape a CL spot - possibly generating enough revenue to pay down a large chunk of the debt - great news, but since the money pays off the debt, it's not going on players, so becomes a 'one off' moment in the limelight.

4) You go down, and have a massive cull of costs, BUT you start winning games again, it's entertaining and it's a full house every week. - awful scenario at first, but other clubs have done it.

5) Some lunatic with money decides he can't make much money with Everton, but he CAN make a name for himself - using Everton as the vehicle to promote himself. He starts tossing money at you, get you back on track whilst in the process of renaming you to "Cheese and Evertonion Crisps FC" - moves you to the PotatO'shea Stadium and then returns you to former glory, albeit having lost much of what you regard as the real Everton.

Yep, on reflection, you're well and truly screwed.

Come to think of it - can you think of any recent takeover that's proven to be a success? - I can think of a few that haven't been disasters, but can't think of one that's been a success.

Have to ignore Chelski and Citeh - these are different propositions to real life business!