IGNORED

Manchester City v Everton

Avinalaff

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usual bag of saturday afternoon sewage there, what a pile of shite we are, we started so well, then it just fell to bits, think a few of the players really need to step their game up, i mean ffs Neville is the captain, he gets booked(unfairly, but not the point) then imediately jumps into a tackle with both feet and handles the ball at the same time!!! and what the hell has happened to Coleman?

Shite performance... does Moyes not wonder why we played our best after he made the changes and put players who can go forward on? we defended 9 of their players all game with all of our eleven and left their 2 centre backs to keep pumping it back, were is the sense in that? Dont even get me started on the ref... fucking pathetic, if he hasnt been payed off... then Balotelli is worth the £35m them cunts payed for him

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Really poor tactics and mentality. We went there for a point, and any team that does that doesnt deserve a thing. We had no strikers, no wingers and the two guys we did have upfront spent more time in our box than theirs. It really was poor.

I suppose you could at least say we were organised, but truth is, City could have scored 4 or 5, and while it might have flattered them for their overall play, in terms of chances it wouldnt have. The game was very predictable and it was a matter of sooner or later for City in the second half, but Moyes seemed happy to sit on his arse and wait for them to score before doing something. Then when he finally did make a sub, it was pretty much like for like, in that Saha generally occupies the same areas as Cahill! The game was crying out for Vellios to come on and hold the ball up properly and stay forward, which he did really well when he finally came on. Moyes handed City 3 points on a platter, it was only the hard work of the players that made City have to wait til the 60th-ish minute.

Howard did well. Couldnt have done anymore.

Baines wasnt at his best. Richards did a very good job on him.

Jags & Distin were generally solid, but both lost concentration. Jags' were more ovbious that Distin's, but both could have cost us the game on their own today. Having said that Distin also rescued us out of the shit a few times, and looked the only player intent on going forward! Fuck knows what they were waiting for, for Citys 2nd?

Hibbert was average at best.

Neville was fucking awful. He lost his man several times, he constantly gave the ball away, he backed off every fucking time, and when we went a goal down and needed our captain, he started to back off even more than before. Should never have been starting in midfield though, and that wasnt his fault.

Rodwell did a good job today. Yes Silva slipped away from him a couple of times, but Rodwell nullified him very well, which is surprising as he isnt the most positionally disciplined. It was a mature performance, and the best of a very average bunch. MOTM.

Osman was anonymous, as he always seems to be against the big teams. Who would have guessed that?

Coleman was poor again. Kept running down blind alleys, but part of the problem was that no-one was actually ahead of him or in support.

Felli didnt look comfortable further forward but did a decent job. He kept hold of the ball pretty well and didnt stop running. Should never have been playing upfront though.

Cahill was working hard, but unsurprisingly the Man City defence had his number and he had very little joy. Although I dont like to see Everton players injured, it might not be the worst thing if he is out for a couple of weeks.

Drenthe looked sharp when he came on, but didnt get much of help from those around him. He was at least a player with attacking intent even if it didnt quite come off for him. It was a shocking pass for their 2nd and I would expect better than that.

Vellios was good when he came on. Held the ball up really well, and allowed us to build a platform for our attacks. Shame he only had 10mins to do anything.

Saha looked quite sharp, but as mentioned above, he filled the same areas as Cahill and because of that he didnt really get any space.

I am genuinely embarrassed by the tactics/game plan Moyes employed and we fully deserved to take nothing from the game because of the tactics we used.

Last season we beat the likes of City because we had a go, so why of fucking why go so blood negative today? We had 3 defensive midfielders on the pitch ffs! I know Fellaini played further up the pitch but he is a defensive midfielder.

We never threatened City all game long.

Can't be arsed going into how each individual played after watching that tbh.

I'm starting to think selling Beckford will come back to haunt us.

We had nothing in the way of attack, and were unable to get telling crosses in. The team fought well, but we had nowhere for the ball to go when we had possession.

City deserved the win, but we were like a boxer without fists today. We ducked and battled, but we had no ammo in which to hurt them. I thought Webb was a proper wanker today too, though not using it as an excuse.

I don't think Moyes put out a team to play negatively as such though. We don't really have too many options with our squad.

Had we played a striker, we would have had one less midfielder, and as such would have been outplayed in the middle.

I think our lads put in a good shift considering what we had to be realistic. There's nobody who stunk, although I wasn't that impressed with Neville, and Coleman isn't the answer I'm afraid.

I'd like to see more of Vellios over the ext few weeks, and for Moyes to throw caution to the wind.

Just in from the game...

Everton brought an impressive crowd with them - good to see a full away section.

Some alarmingly quiet spells (from the crowd) in the game - I suspect nerves on both sides. City fans frustrated and wanting that first goal, and Everton possibly on edge?

Since Everton have been a bogey team for us of late, I think Everton had every reason to suspect the possibility of a result, or at least a draw. City have improved since your last visit, but I can't honestly say Everton have.

Everton played well, but it was clear that 'park the bus' tactics would be the order of the day (although we feared Everton counter attacking and hitting us with a sucker punch).

For a large part of the game, Everton had all 11 behind the ball in their own half, although they had a good 15 minute spell in the second half when they might have pulled it back to 2-1 and made for a nervous last 15 mins or so.

City were frustrated for long periods, settling for a lot of possession but couldn't break through the Everton defence. I wouldn't say City played well (or that Everton did), it was more a case of 15 men in the box making it difficult for tippy tappy footballers like Nasri and Silva to be effective.

How Nasri got man on the match is beyond me. Silva played well, Baines always looked dangerous and Fellaini was solid.

No 'beyond the realms of good taste' chanting - just the usual banter. The way it should be.

In my opinion a fair result would be City 1: 0 Everton.

Very disappointed in the Everton tactics AND what appeared to be excessive time wasting - but as I said to my son at the match - we'd do the same if we had to. I suspect Mr Moyes thought about attacking us and reckoned you'd lose, but believed his odd would be better trying to counter us, snatch a draw, and possibly grab a cheeky win.

To my mind, this game COULD have been a 3-2 / 4-3 affair if Everton had attacked us, but it wasn't to be. That would be my only criticism of Everton today.

Criticism for City? - that we must be prepared for teams to do the same again to us, and we have to be able to break through an 11 man defence - AND we need to be patient. Winning frequently and consistently is still 'new' to us - so the majority of City fans still expect us to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Pessimism is virtually built into us. It will take a few more years before we lose that.

Once we have genuine belief in ourselves we stand to become a serious threat to United. As yet, we're not quite there.

As for Everton? - honest opinion is that you've not progressed for a couple of years. A couple of years ago you'd be fighting to get top 4, and reasonably expecting a top 6. In much the same manner as Villa, you've not built on that. Sadly, it's come down to money in the end. City and Spurs have spent a lot, and it's worked (to a degree) for them. Everton have slipped back a little and are now looking no more than a mid-table team at best. I don't need you guys to tell me that's not your 'natural' place in life!... a couple of top class signings could have you back in that top 6 crowd, but I fear they are unlikely to arrive any day soon.

Best of luck for the season!!!

Let's be honest, when Everton start a game with Cahill and Neville these days it's for a reason, today against City the reason was City's fear of Cahill and Nevilles fighting spirit.We looked much better after the changes and both of the new players are going to be a real asset and the present squad will be really hard to beat.

City have spent big and reasonably well, but it did take a deflected goal to finally break us!

We weren't that great today but maybe if we'd held out a tad longer and City had started to stretch themselves looking for the points, then Moyes would have made the changes looking for the win......well I'd like to think so.

Vellios seem to have good vision and touch, Baines needs to start looking for him more often.

Just in from the game...

Everton brought an impressive crowd with them - good to see a full away section.

Some alarmingly quiet spells (from the crowd) in the game - I suspect nerves on both sides. City fans frustrated and wanting that first goal, and Everton possibly on edge?

Since Everton have been a bogey team for us of late, I think Everton had every reason to suspect the possibility of a result, or at least a draw. City have improved since your last visit, but I can't honestly say Everton have.

Everton played well, but it was clear that 'park the bus' tactics would be the order of the day (although we feared Everton counter attacking and hitting us with a sucker punch).

For a large part of the game, Everton had all 11 behind the ball in their own half, although they had a good 15 minute spell in the second half when they might have pulled it back to 2-1 and made for a nervous last 15 mins or so.

City were frustrated for long periods, settling for a lot of possession but couldn't break through the Everton defence. I wouldn't say City played well (or that Everton did), it was more a case of 15 men in the box making it difficult for tippy tappy footballers like Nasri and Silva to be effective.

How Nasri got man on the match is beyond me. Silva played well, Baines always looked dangerous and Fellaini was solid.

No 'beyond the realms of good taste' chanting - just the usual banter. The way it should be.

In my opinion a fair result would be City 1: 0 Everton.

Very disappointed in the Everton tactics AND what appeared to be excessive time wasting - but as I said to my son at the match - we'd do the same if we had to. I suspect Mr Moyes thought about attacking us and reckoned you'd lose, but believed his odd would be better trying to counter us, snatch a draw, and possibly grab a cheeky win.

To my mind, this game COULD have been a 3-2 / 4-3 affair if Everton had attacked us, but it wasn't to be. That would be my only criticism of Everton today.

Criticism for City? - that we must be prepared for teams to do the same again to us, and we have to be able to break through an 11 man defence - AND we need to be patient. Winning frequently and consistently is still 'new' to us - so the majority of City fans still expect us to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Pessimism is virtually built into us. It will take a few more years before we lose that.

Once we have genuine belief in ourselves we stand to become a serious threat to United. As yet, we're not quite there.

As for Everton? - honest opinion is that you've not progressed for a couple of years. A couple of years ago you'd be fighting to get top 4, and reasonably expecting a top 6. In much the same manner as Villa, you've not built on that. Sadly, it's come down to money in the end. City and Spurs have spent a lot, and it's worked (to a degree) for them. Everton have slipped back a little and are now looking no more than a mid-table team at best. I don't need you guys to tell me that's not your 'natural' place in life!... a couple of top class signings could have you back in that top 6 crowd, but I fear they are unlikely to arrive any day soon.

Best of luck for the season!!!

You've got some nerve coming on here mate after the way you treat our fans on your forum.

Just remember that City are nothing more than a turd that's had a bit of a polish. No matter how hard the Arabs scrub, the smell of the sewer seems to rise to the surface each time your foul mouthed arrogant yobby fans open their gob.

Blue250 - I think that's right

City really needed that goal or it would have gotten pretty tense. From our perspective it's not that we thought 'we SHOULD be beating Everton', it's more along the lines of "we HAVE to beat them just to keep up with United". It really could have gone the other way had Everton caught us on the break and slotted one home.

In the past there's been about 5 or 6 teams outside of the obvious United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal group that are always likely to give us a real test (and Everton are in that group, with Stoke, Villa, Spurs etc). It was no different today!.

For us to move into that 'top 4' (properly) it means consistently beating the best of the rest (the teams I named). We don't yet have the mentality for that, but today's win is another small step.

I suspect for you (tell me if I'm wrong), it's the reverse... City have never really been one of the teams you expect to lose against. At best we'd be a possible 'slip up' team for you.

You've got some nerve coming on here mate after the way you treat our fans on your forum.

Just remember that City are nothing more than a turd that's had a bit of a polish. No matter how hard the Arabs scrub, the smell of the sewer seems to rise to the surface each time your foul mouthed arrogant yobby fans open their gob.

Those fans dont represent how all city fans feel. Relax.

Those fans dont represent how all city fans feel. Relax.

I've given City fans a bigger chance than most to be fair bud, but even my own patience has worn thin with them over the last few years. I appreciate there are still the 'good ole boys' when it comes to their fans, but they're well and truly in the minority now. There's a huge lack of class with modern City fans.

Football fans are just fans, from all walks and life, all shapes, sizes, colours - as varied as the opinions on football!

City are 'nothing' - Everton are 'nothing' - they're just teams that for one reason or another we grew attached to as kids and we couldn't stop supporting them if we tried.

Doesn't matter if you're Man U, Liverpool, Everton, City or Wimbledon... fans are the same the world over.

We have some idiots, we have some realists, he have them all - like all fans. And yeah I have some nerve - it connects my brain to my mouth and gets exercised regularly.

Football fans are just fans, from all walks and life, all shapes, sizes, colours - as varied as the opinions on football!

City are 'nothing' - Everton are 'nothing' - they're just teams that for one reason or another we grew attached to as kids and we couldn't stop supporting them if we tried.

Doesn't matter if you're Man U, Liverpool, Everton, City or Wimbledon... fans are the same the world over.

We have some idiots, we have some realists, he have them all - like all fans. And yeah I have some nerve - it connects my brain to my mouth and gets exercised regularly.

I don't disagree mate to be fair, but I've seen it all before with your lads being all nice on Everton forums and then becoming gobshites again as soon as they log back in to Bluemoon. I was always the guy who tried to find good in everybody, but I can't be arsed with City fans any more, no disrespect to any decent fans out there. After 3 seasons chatting with them, I've come to have a balanced opinion, and even up until today, I still had time for a few, but my eyes have been opened lately and for every good lad there are a thousand dickheads unfortunately.

I don't disagree mate to be fair, but I've seen it all before with your lads being all nice on Everton forums and then becoming gobshites again as soon as they log back in to Bluemoon. I was always the guy who tried to find good in everybody, but I can't be arsed with City fans any more, no disrespect to any decent fans out there. After 3 seasons chatting with them, I've come to have a balanced opinion, and even up until today, I still had time for a few, but my eyes have been opened lately and for every good lad there are a thousand dickheads unfortunately.

Well, we do get the odd idiot - but then you have to look at the forum as a whole... some forums seem to just attract the worst of the worst. I've been on some forums where you'd think "fantastic set of Spurs fans" and then another forum and think "Can't stand any of them". It's quite dangerous really, because a handful of idiots with multiple accounts can actually incite a lot of tension.

When you actually sit down with most fans of any club, you can have a decent debate and decent views. Behind a screen?... you're just going to get some crazy kids talking about 'history' - which for them, is the last 5 years. They have no idea that Wolves were amazing once, or that Forest performed a miracle - twice... it's all beyond them

Well, we do get the odd idiot - but then you have to look at the forum as a whole... some forums seem to just attract the worst of the worst. I've been on some forums where you'd think "fantastic set of Spurs fans" and then another forum and think "Can't stand any of them". It's quite dangerous really, because a handful of idiots with multiple accounts can actually incite a lot of tension.

When you actually sit down with most fans of any club, you can have a decent debate and decent views. Behind a screen?... you're just going to get some crazy kids talking about 'history' - which for them, is the last 5 years. They have no idea that Wolves were amazing once, or that Forest performed a miracle - twice... it's all beyond them

Who are you on Bluemoon mate?

You have a pm btw.