IGNORED

Winning the Carling cup?

Mogsy

What would you rather see, Moyes focusing on us winning the carling cup(or maybe FA cup) and mid table in the league, or as higher position in the league as possible. I don't think we will achieve a champion league spot this season so I would love us to win a cup as it's been to long. Which would be more financially rewarding, 5th/6th and Europe or a cup, maybe 8th/9th and European footie?

I'd take the Cup, like you say we haven't had one for a fair while and it'll be our best bet of a European place imo. We'l finish mid-table, i'm sure of it so a cup and qualification wouldn't go amiss.

Not sure which one would be more financially rewarding, but getting Everton on the back pages for the first time in 15 years+, I'd take that. Be good for young fans and possible new ones. Kids base teams on the amount of cups they win, not how well they've done in the league in a shoe string budget, they don't appreciated that yet!

I want to see us win something, for now our team is not poor enough to be relegated. However I want the appetite of the fans who have not seen us win anything to be whetted. These often are the fans who seem to think that our existence over the last several years needs to be championed, I personally want something to be added to the honours list. Many of the fan base need an injection of expectation.

Certainly the semis is achievable - from there anything can happen. We need a strong cup mentality, it has improved over recent years but certainly our cup performances have not reflected the ability of the team - when you consider previous winners and finalists. The fa cup final and league cup semi is something to improve on.

First game for me we beat forest 5-0 in 1984 - I was 8, we clinched title at home to QPR, I can't recall actually seeing a game where we lost that year. I was there when we rallied to beat ipswich in the FA Cup, reached the final and were beat by the poorer team due to fatigue after winning the european cup winners cup. We lost the league by a small margin next year and regained it in 87.

For me - that set the expectations of what supporting Everton meant. It is probably the reason I am viewed as being so negative - It's a bit like giving a kid a PS3 as their first ever console and then expecting them to make do with a ZX spectrum for the following years.

For the 20 year olds the current Everton situation is like having an Amiga - better than the ZX spectrum of the Walter Smith days, but realistically you know you ain't gonna get the PS3 unless your parents win the lottery - and you kind of accept that, cos it could be worse, you could be putting a tape in the recorder, pop down for a cup of tea and it's crashed cos you volume was too high.

Sorry folks, bit of a mad one there...

First game for me we beat forest 5-0 in 1984 - I was 8, we clinched title at home to QPR, I can't recall actually seeing a game where we lost that year. I was there when we rallied to beat ipswich in the FA Cup, reached the final and were beat by the poorer team due to fatigue after winning the european cup winners cup. We lost the league by a small margin next year and regained it in 87.

For me - that set the expectations of what supporting Everton meant. It is probably the reason I am viewed as being so negative - It's a bit like giving a kid a PS3 as their first ever console and then expecting them to make do with a ZX spectrum for the following years.

For the 20 year olds the current Everton situation is like having an Amiga - better than the ZX spectrum of the Walter Smith days, but realistically you know you ain't gonna get the PS3 unless your parents win the lottery - and you kind of accept that, cos it could be worse, you could be putting a tape in the recorder, pop down for a cup of tea and it's crashed cos you volume was too high.

Mad one but an understandable one sir

The wheel turns at every football club. Burnley, Preston NE, Blackpool, Forest, Palace, Pompey, can you see where I'm heading? All massive clubs in their day, not any more. The wheel turned for them. The shite, us, Spurs, Villa, other massive clubs who have become also runs. In 20 or so years, Utd, Arsenal, Chelski will go the same way, no team stays at the top for ever.

Yeah, but has there ever been a vast difference in finances between the top teams and everyone else as there is now. I don't think the shite and us in 80's where that much richer than most teams were they?

Sky will be the ruination of a hell of a lot of teams. the trough is awash with money, and we've all got our snouts in it. Germany has got the right model to follow, someone new winning the league every couple of years. Dirty cash Moggs, dirty cash.

The wheel turns at every football club. Burnley, Preston NE, Blackpool, Forest, Palace, Pompey, can you see where I'm heading? All massive clubs in their day, not any more. The wheel turned for them. The shite, us, Spurs, Villa, other massive clubs who have become also runs. In 20 or so years, Utd, Arsenal, Chelski will go the same way, no team stays at the top for ever.

dont think that will be true in future with the disproportionate distribution of prize money