IGNORED

Liverpool and 'soccernomics'

Nice to know that they use statistics to justify buying players and completely ignore that there bringing scum to the city. I prefer our model of actually looking at a player as a person and wether they would fit in the Everton family.

if you read the whole article you will see that one of the other thing's they look at is the character and personality of a player not just the statistics.

if you read the whole article you will see that one of the other thing's they look at is the character and personality of a player not just the statistics.

If thats true that they look at the character and personality of the player. Then I feel sorry for Liverpool fans, having employees with such low opinions of the club and it's fans with what they deem suitable players with the 'right attitude and intelligence' to play for Liverpool. I remember when Bowyer was on the verge of joining Liverpool and the fans rallied against it, now they accept the scum or even worse praise it.

So what players are you directing this at?

Mostly Suarez, but Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll aren't exactly players i'd say should be at a club like Liverpool. The stats stuff in the article is bollocks as well. They said that when they first signed them and there was an article with the stats about other transfers this summer that were better on paper. Commoli is just trying to look clever to justify wasting millions.

Suarez is a great character in the dressing room, Also Andy and Charlie are.

Your just Judging him on him going down easily V Rodwell and i can see why people are bitter about him as i would be if it happened to us.

Commoli has always worked on stats where ever he has been Arsenal, Spurs St etienne so i can't see how "The stats stuff in the article is bollocks" and i and most Liverpool supporters are happy with what he and Kenny have done.

Henderson, Adam and Downing were all in the top 10 creative players last season. Enrique had incredible stats only being dribbled past 11 times in the whole season better than any other fullback.

You can say "wasting millions" it's you'r own opinion,

But overall i am very happy :D.

Edited by Redside

Suarez is a great character in the dressing room, Also Andy and Charlie are.

Your just Judging him on him going down easily V Rodwell and i can see why people are bitter about him as i would be if it happened to us.

Commoli has always worked on stats where ever he has been Arsenal, Spurs St etienne so i can't see how "The stats stuff in the article is bollocks" and i and most Liverpool supporters are happy with what he and Kenny have done.

Henderson, Adam and Downing were all in the top 10 creative players last season. Enrique had incredible stats only being dribbled past 11 times in the whole season better than any other fullback.

You can say "wasting millions" it's you'r own opinion,

But overall i am very happy biggrin.png.

Suarez opinion has nothing to do with Rodwell I had long made my mind up on him. Got family in Holland, so knew of Suarez before most kopites, who then jumped on the band wagon of his stats and then told me all about this amazing striker who scores one in two and is the best player in the league(most had never heard of him nevermind watched him).

Wasting millions is not my opinion if judging value by the statistical method said to be used, in which there were better options. Either better value or better players.

Charlie Adam was the main cause of the majority of goals B'pool conceded and the main reason they went down. Have a look at the old thread about him. He's really not as good as MOTD made out. Vaughan would have been the better option.

Henderson... I really dont know what to say. His move shocked me and his price shocked me even more. To quote c1982 'I know Sunderland are having a bit of a poor run and some of their players maybe out of form but Rodwell looked in a different league to Henderson when he came on - Henderson didn't impress me at all.' and that was before he was linked with Liverpool so has no bitterness or bias*.

Enrique was a steal but to say it was because of his stats is laughable, otherwise Baines would be playing for you.

I like Downing but Liverpool got buggered in the deal compared to the other options Vaughan, Larsson and Young.

Some one put a link up over the summer about the stats but I can't find the post.

Edit: *Not that c1982 is bitter or bias

Edited by pete0

The Tv rights will never go ahead as 14 of the 20 teams have to agree for it to go forward.

Can any one see that happening? Not me.

Suarez opinion has nothing to do with Rodwell I had long made my mind up on him. Got family in Holland, so knew of Suarez before most kopites, who then jumped on the band wagon of his stats and then told me all about this amazing striker who scores one in two and is the best player in the league(most had never heard of him nevermind watched him).

Wasting millions is not my opinion if judging value by the statistical method said to be used, in which there were better options. Either better value or better players.

Charlie Adam was the main cause of the majority of goals B'pool conceded and the main reason they went down. Have a look at the old thread about him. He's really not as good as MOTD made out. Vaughan would have been the better option.

Henderson... I really dont know what to say. His move shocked me and his price shocked me even more. To quote c1982 'I know Sunderland are having a bit of a poor run and some of their players maybe out of form but Rodwell looked in a different league to Henderson when he came on - Henderson didn't impress me at all.' and that was before he was linked with Liverpool so has no bitterness or bias*.

Enrique was a steal but to say it was because of his stats is laughable, otherwise Baines would be playing for you.

I like Downing but Liverpool got buggered in the deal compared to the other options Vaughan, Larsson and Young.

Some one put a link up over the summer about the stats but I can't find the post.

Edit: *Not that c1982 is bitter or bias

I Can assure you that "Kopites" that really take a interest in the club and on potential signing could have told you a lot about Suarez as it was not just Jan he had been talked about, Rafa was reported to be very interested in him after his first season at Ajax and people really started to follow him from then on.

On Charlie you said "Charlie Adam was the main cause of the majority of goals B'pool conceded" But he was also the reason they scored a lot of goals and himself scored a few if you didn't notice.

On Henderson yes the fee was high but these days being English Puts on a fair few million with the homegrown rule, He was one of the most creative players last season and has a lot of years ahead of him versatile is also a key for me with the lad so I'm not moaning.

Do you think Baines would have moved to the redside? Not a fat chance he would like in a interview he did a few days ago once you play for one you can't play for the other. Enrique was always first choice because of that, With bidding for Clichy we were trying to force Newcastle to lower there price as they were wanting nearer to £10m than the £5.5m we paid, so it was a bit of brinkmanship going on.

And really comparing Vaughan and Larsson to Downing is bit silly, Vaughan for one is a center mid that sometimes played wide (better in the middle) and Larsson is a right winger which we are pretty much sorted on.

So you have given me two options that don't even play in the position we were looking at.

So in the end It's Your opinion chap and i have mine and we will never agree,

Edited by Redside

i think downing to young is a fair comparrison myself. maybe not vaughan and larsson, but young is certainly valid.

oh, and with blue tinted glasses on, suarez is a tool. without them on, he is a very very good player.

I agree with the Young comparison.

I said before tho that there was £2m difference, Downing had the better season winning there player of the season had a extra year on his contract also there would have been hell for there new manager to pay after just being up in charge selling Downing for less than what they got for Young,

So i see it that Young's price really set how much we would have to pay for Downing.

They don't want to share tv money with the team their sharing a pitch with for 90 minutes. There wouldn't be a match to play without the rest of the teams. Fuck them selfish bastards if they want all the money they can play against their reserves every week and do a world tour. Money grabbing cunts! Worst than the spoilt kid who gets presents on other peoples b'days because they're crying cunts to keep them happy. Rant over.

Edited by pete0

They don't want to share tv money with the team their sharing a pitch with for 90 minutes. There wouldn't be a match to play without the rest of the teams. Fuck them selfish bastards if they want all the money they can play against their reserves every week and do a world tour. Money grabbing cunts! Worst than the spoilt kid who gets presents on other peoples b'days because they're crying cunts to keep them happy. Rant over.

I'm Pretty sure it wont happen chap, Like i said 14 of the 20 EPL teams would have to agree.

But then most clubs would be able to get deals better than the £17.5m they get from it now, but the clubs with more international pull would be able to get Huge deals like Real Madrid and Barca.

Other clubs will see it as get a little more cash for TV rights and let the gap get bigger form the top teams or keep it as it is. Think it will be the latter.

P.s was not really a rant it was more like you dribbling on, swearing in the corner tongue.png

Edited by Redside

Dave Whelan...

"It is the 'American Dream', this. They are thinking 'How can we get more money?'

"But you won't get more money by killing the heart and soul of the Premier League and of football in England.

"The worst thing for English football is for teams like Liverpool - the top four let's say - who want to get rid of virtually half the Premier League.

"We will finish up like the Spanish league with just two teams in it, no competition, no anything, no heart and soul in the league.

"What we have is the finest league in the whole world and what Liverpool are calling for would absolutely wreck it. The likes of Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves, Sunderland and Newcastle couldn't compete."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15286887.stm

The Tv rights will never go ahead as 14 of the 20 teams have to agree for it to go forward.

Can any one see that happening? Not me.

I Can assure you that "Kopites" that really take a interest in the club and on potential signing could have told you a lot about Suarez as it was not just Jan he had been talked about, Rafa was reported to be very interested in him after his first season at Ajax and people really started to follow him from then on.

On Charlie you said "Charlie Adam was the main cause of the majority of goals B'pool conceded" But he was also the reason they scored a lot of goals and himself scored a few if you didn't notice.

On Henderson yes the fee was high but these days being English Puts on a fair few million with the homegrown rule, He was one of the most creative players last season and has a lot of years ahead of him versatile is also a key for me with the lad so I'm not moaning.

Do you think Baines would have moved to the redside? Not a fat chance he would like in a interview he did a few days ago once you play for one you can't play for the other. Enrique was always first choice because of that, With bidding for Clichy we were trying to force Newcastle to lower there price as they were wanting nearer to £10m than the £5.5m we paid, so it was a bit of brinkmanship going on.

And really comparing Vaughan and Larsson to Downing is bit silly, Vaughan for one is a center mid that sometimes played wide (better in the middle) and Larsson is a right winger which we are pretty much sorted on.

So you have given me two options that don't even play in the position we were looking at.

So in the end It's Your opinion chap and i have mine and we will never agree,

Downing had his best season in the middle(with Young and Milner on the wings) for Villa and is wasted on the wing, so is a very fair comparison to Vaughan.

Even the owner admits he's overpaid for players

http://www.guardian....y?newsfeed=true

Downing had his best season in the middle(with Young and Milner on the wings) for Villa and is wasted on the wing, so is a very fair comparison to Vaughan.

Even the owner admits he's overpaid for players

http://www.guardian....y?newsfeed=true

I Think you are very miss guided.

Downing had is best season at villa last season where Milner was at Man City playing on the right or left and i can find you quotes saying this from Downing himself. it was Albrighton on opposite wing with Young behind Bent.

Milner played in the same team with Downing in 09/10 season were Milner played through the middle, but for Downing it was a season to forget with injury's plaguing his season with only 23 games and 2 goals to his name.

So i don't know where you are getting your info from chap.

And i have never said the prices were good so i don't know really where you are going with this huh.png

Sly might be more famous worldwide, but right now there are not many bigger in the states than le bron james. He is probably the biggest in the NBA.

Doesn't he own a few shares in FSG, not necessarily in Liverpool as such.

Edited by StevO

Sly might be more famous worldwide, but right now there are not many bigger in the states than le bron james. He is probably the biggest in the NBA.

Doesn't he own a few shares in FSG, not necessarily in Liverpool as such.

No he does not hold shares in FSG, They (FSG) were trying to get a deal with Lebron for his Branding and marketing and Lebron in return wanted a minority stake in Liverpool. FSG also saw this as a great opportunity to break Liverpool into the USA market where not many EPL teams have had any luck in, So a deal was struck.

slightly off topic but you're(redside) overuse of the word chap is really grinding..sounds very patronisin man

Chap could be a regional thing. like mate, or something like that.

I'm sure its just a friendly term in his part of the world.

(just learnt ip look up properly, awesome tool)

Edited by StevO