IGNORED

Euro 2012 Seeding

Seedings for Euro 2012

Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Poland*, Ukraine*.

Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England, Russia.

Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden.

Pot 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland

Ukraine & Poland being in the top pot of seeds could throw up some incredibly lop-sided groups.

England could potentially be in with Spain, Portugal and France or Poland, Greece and Denmark.

Could be a very tough draw for us. Having just dusted off the cliche book though, apparently there are no easy games in international football.

You have to beat the best if you want to win and maybe having tough games from the outset might focus our minds a little bit more

Mind you it's a game of two halves!!

• 3 weeks later...

Could have been a lot worse...tough one for Ireland.

Group A: Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic.

Group B: Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal.

Group C: Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia.

Group D: Ukraine, Sweden, France, England.

"B" will no doubt be christened the "Group of Death"

"A" is very weak.

Why are sweden always drawn against england? No Rooney in that game either.

Swe-ukr win sweden

England-france tough game to start with but win england

Swe-eng draw

Ukr-france again, tough game, draw

England-ukr, england win

Sweden-france, france win

England-7 points

France-4 points

Sweden-4 points

Ukr-1 point

As pleased as you can be when it comes to these draws really, although there are never really any easy game's especially when we are involved :/

We should top that group France will obviously be our tough game.

It all depends on who we take for me if Capello goes with the old guard and plays it safe I won't hold much hope on getting very far, If he grows some balls and goes with fresher blood I'd be more confident tbh.

God, can u imagine how tediously boring and defensive England v Italy would be! Moyes would love it!!!!! :) :) :)

I think england should think about the first three games first. Its not an easy group for england.

France are good, ukraine has home advantage. Sweden has not lost an important game to england in 43 years.

I think england will go through, but its not going to be a walk in the park. England always seem to overestimate their own team, and underestimate all other teams.

I hope so Mike but again for me if we go with the "same faces" we will undoubtedly do just that again.

Fresh faces and young blood is what we need with players like Parker holding things together, it's not done Germany any harm in doing the same.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I hope so Mike but again for me if we go with the "same faces" we will undoubtedly do just that again.

Fresh faces and young blood is what we need with players like Parker holding things together, it's not done Germany any harm in doing the same.

I agree, england has something going for them at the mo, with the new guys coming in. But theres still a long way until you have a team as good as Spain, holland or germany. I would also rank italy higher right now.

You have a good shot at the euros, if capello dares to play the fresh faces. Remember, Greece won the euros not long ago and they were the lowest ranking team. This means that all teams in it can win. Its all about playing the game on the day.

England can beat germany, spain and holland, but the can also loose to poland, ukraine, greece and sweden.