IGNORED

Charlie Davies

think we need some of our american members to give a better idea. I dont understand why it will cost 1.2m if hes been released though blink.png

I tried to find the answer to that question, very confusing.

I think it has something to do with allocations of squad status. He is still a DC United player but they dont want to allocate him a squad place hence he gets released

http://www.mlssoccer...ls-roster-rules

The link talks about Roster rules and allocations. It made my head hurt

However if you look at this - a list of MLS transfers some did move for free but from MLS club to MLS club

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Soccer_transfers_2011

Edited by codders78

But he's free.. wink.png

I was expecting the link when there was talk of him being unhappy at Sochaux. Seeing as he's now been released, it seems to be an inevitability.

He was spoke of on here in 2009.

Peter said: "To comment on Charlie Davies, I think only a couple of months since he left Allsvenskan and I doubt he's improved that much. He's got fantastic pace but little strength or "eye for goal" and weak ball skills.. I wouldn't take him for more than 1-1,5 mil."

No thanks. He was very promising, and while he's done well to revive his career...he's not what we want. Also the first player in MLS history to be fined for diving.

Well if thats the case he can go play for the shite him and that horse looking cheating tw@ who plays up front could have their own personal competition.

But he's free.. wink.png

I was expecting the link when there was talk of him being unhappy at Sochaux. Seeing as he's now been released, it seems to be an inevitability.

He was spoke of on here in 2009.

Peter said: "To comment on Charlie Davies, I think only a couple of months since he left Allsvenskan and I doubt he's improved that much. He's got fantastic pace but little strength or "eye for goal" and weak ball skills.. I wouldn't take him for more than 1-1,5 mil."

I can repeat that but now id leave out the part about the 1-1.5 mil.

I wouldnt take him now, not after the crash etc. He isnt good enough and would just take up wages.

I'd take him in a heartbeat for free. In the MLS, you have can have only 2 or 3 designated player spots.. AKA only 2 or 3 slots for paying a someone a ridiculous salary(Beckham, Keane, Donovan are the Galaxy's 3 slots). Basically, a club can't be run financially in the MLS like Man City does in the PL.

MLS teams can trade one of their slots for cash allocation, draft picks, lesser valued players, etc... Good for strengthening a squad that doesn't have a lot of depth, which DC doesn't. I'll admit, he's not as good as he was pre-World Cup, but I'd say he's better than Faddy (yes, not a good example -- I know). But he still has pace, strength, and can hold the ball up well. He was decent in the MLS and would have been leading goal-scorer but had a couple of injuries where he'd miss a couple of games here and there.