IGNORED

I Was There. (Some Memories)

rubecula

I was there screaming my self hoarse and being frantic when Bayern scored. What a night, what a game, and the after match drink with my dad was pretty good too. Sadly he was too ill to go to the game but I must have spent about four hours telling him what it was like. Best night ever at Goodison?

I was there screaming my self hoarse and being frantic when Bayern scored. What a night, what a game, and the after match drink with my dad was pretty good too. Sadly he was too ill to go to the game but I must have spent about four hours telling him what it was like. Best night ever at Goodison?

I was there too. biggrin.png

We were standing in the Paddock, at the corner of the Park End close to the pitch, probably about level with the 16 yard box. I keep trying to see myself on camera, but it doesn't seem to go there. sad.png

Never see me as I was level with the halfway line right under the camera. I miss that bit though standing on the halfwayline was a sort of 'home' for me. Of course I did edge up towards the end we were attacking a bit, but generally the halfway line was where I ended up. Pity I can't do that any more really., but what memories eh Avin?

Never see me as I was level with the halfway line right under the camera. I miss that bit though standing on the halfwayline was a sort of 'home' for me. Of course I did edge up towards the end we were attacking a bit, but generally the halfway line was where I ended up. Pity I can't do that any more really., but what memories eh Avin?

I had to beg my dad to take us. We didn't normally go to the evening matches back then as we were kids, and all our money went on the Saturday match, but the atmosphere of a night time match was very special. We drank Oxo back in those days, and it used to keep your hands nice and snug. It was a good night though, and one that I often get little flash backs from when I reminisce.

I want more like that. Get a taste of that kind of atmosphere and you will always want more. Instant addiction. Sadly it will never be like that again, partly as we are not as good and partly as we all have our own little plastic seats to sit in, boxed up like chickens in an egg farm.

I want more like that. Get a taste of that kind of atmosphere and you will always want more. Instant addiction. Sadly it will never be like that again, partly as we are not as good and partly as we all have our own little plastic seats to sit in, boxed up like chickens in an egg farm.

Or boxed up like Eggs in a chicken farm.tongue.png

Oh hell I wanna kill meself now Avin LOL (But I am too chicken).

It's fairly obvious you've been hen pecked all your life Rubes. tongue.png

Should be, I had a free DVD of it a few years ago when I bought something from the megastore

Sorry just read the 'online' bit sad.png

I've seen it for sale on Ebay. It will probably be on Kickass torrents or somewhere.

Think weve spoke about this before Rubes and that was the greatest game ive ever been too, 11 years old front of the Gwladys to start off with that is, the deathly silence when Bayern scored then in a flash the 2nd half was over!! I remember Tricky Trev picking the ball up and just casually side footing the 3rd past their keeper and the ground going nuts!! And i mean nuts there must have been thounsands crammed into that end that evening more than id ever seen before!!

That game is why i love Goodison so much no other ground has the ability to make an 11year old feel like that!

My niece, a season ticket holder, ex toffee girl has her 21st tonight, I think she wants to take mr moyes present back. Worst thing is, loads of family are red noses, really gonna take some stick at this party. Best leave the stella alone!!!

not sure the Kopites should be giving any stick. Looking at BBCs coverage they were quite lucky

I wasn't there in 1985 but remember the night like yesterday, they scored first, Andy Gray's marker went off with a broken nose, think we were playing towards the Gwladys Street end second half, Sharp, Gray and Steven I think it was, can't quite think properly right now, Kendall had hair at the time, the Germans bench said 'Mr Kendall, this is not football', Howard tells them to 'do one' etc

People say it was the best ever game at the Old Lady but that covers a lot of ground

After that three days later it was the FA cup final, went to extra time, players were tired and fatigued from such a long season and we lost to a Whiteside goal in extra time and with it the treble unsure.png

Unfortunately couldn't be there that year but was in attendance 13 years later for the Coventry game end of season, Farrelly scores, missed a penalty, they score a equalizer last minute, people thought it was relegation, Chelsea beat Bolton to send them down instead. Mass pitch invasion at the end, I was in it, and the rain came down, it was an amazing afternoon

The way it's going in 2011 I fear we could be back in similar territory next May if Moyes doesn't sort it out, and what was that Saha substitution today all about angry.png

I wasn't there in 1985 but remember the night like yesterday, they scored first, Andy Gray's marker went off with a broken nose, think we were playing towards the Gwladys Street end second half, Sharp, Gray and Steven I think it was, can't quite think properly right now, Kendall had hair at the time, the Germans bench said 'Mr Kendall, this is not football', Howard tells them to 'do one' etc

People say it was the best ever game at the Old Lady but that covers a lot of ground

After that three days later it was the FA cup final, went to extra time, players were tired and fatigued from such a long season and we lost to a Whiteside goal in extra time and with it the treble unsure.png

The FA cup final was three days after the final v Vienna in Rotterdam....not after the Bayern gamesmile.png .

Unfortunately couldn't be there that year but was in attendance 13 years later for the Coventry game end of season, Farrelly scores, missed a penalty, they score a equalizer last minute, people thought it was relegation, Chelsea beat Bolton to send them down instead. Mass pitch invasion at the end, I was in it, and the rain came down, it was an amazing afternoon

The way it's going in 2011 I fear we could be back in similar territory next May if Moyes doesn't sort it out, and what was that Saha substitution today all about angry.png

me neither, I was 2 years old!

My first night match alone was the oxford replay. I was 15 with my mates . Remember it snowing standin in the enclosure freezing.. I still have the daily post from the following day. I used to love the thick square bars we leaned on, great for your drink and standing on!

Other memories I wish to include would be

Southall's sit in protest at half time with Leeds August 1990, there was a lot of fuss made at the time I remember

Shite 2nd replay, Dave Watson, February 1991 FA cup 5th round

Shite game, Grobbelaar/McManaman antics, September 1993, 2-0 home win

Newcastle opening day August 1996, all the attention was on the Shearer signing for them, but we won 2-0 and I remember people saying at the time we were possible dark horses for the league title

(Royle ended up being sacked by next spring, lost to York City over two games in the League Cup, lost to Bradford City in the F.A.cup, even an ageing Waddle had the audacity to beat southall from 30 yards that day, sure Neville was in goal, and while not a relegation season, it was all pretty dire)

couldn't be in attendance for the Wimbledon game that end of season, but what a game that was, how we survived I'll never know

Other memories I wish to include would be

Southall's sit in protest at half time with Leeds August 1990, there was a lot of fuss made at the time I remember

Shite 2nd replay, Dave Watson, February 1991 FA cup 5th round

Shite game, Grobbelaar/McManaman antics, September 1993, 2-0 home win

Newcastle opening day August 1996, all the attention was on the Shearer signing for them, but we won 2-0 and I remember people saying at the time we were possible dark horses for the league title

(Royle ended up being sacked by next spring, lost to York City over two games in the League Cup, lost to Bradford City in the F.A.cup, even an ageing Waddle had the audacity to beat southall from 30 yards that day, sure Neville was in goal, and while not a relegation season, it was all pretty dire)

couldn't be in attendance for the Wimbledon game that end of season, but what a game that was, how we survived I'll never know

I can't remember a single date of any match I've been to. Ever. huh.png