IGNORED

Everton TV

inertia8

I've just been having a look at this and it's called Smooth Streaming, basically there are differing levels of quality that the video could be.

Everton have five offerings, but it doesn't let the user select what resolution they'd like, instead it chooses for you based on your internet speed:

1024x576 - best quality

720x404

640x360

512x288

320x180 - worst quality

The new EvertonTV can change quality of the video whilst you're viewing it. If you're watching a video on EvertonTV and you begin downloading something in the background, the chances are you will get a lower quality video from that point on.

Mike/Rube - What browsers are you using? I'm using Firefox, I've actually modified mine so that I can watch American TV shows.I even get American ads on EvertonTV :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, if the balls show then Silverlight is installed correctly. I'm thinking maybe it's the internet speed. Sometimes the videos are blank for me, I close them. Click to view it again and it streams straight away.

Probably best to email customer support :D support.evertontv@evertonfc.com

Have the answer from the tech desk...nice and simple :mellow: .

Could you try the following in order to get better reception (first of all ensure you are logged in your operating system with the administrator rights):- Ensure that no other application, or computer on your local network, are using much of your bandwidth (download manager, programme update, online games, video streaming, etc)- Log on at http://evertontv.evertonfc.com/, right click on the page and select “Silverlight”. Click on “Updates” tab, make sure “Install updates automatically (recommended)” is selected. In “Playback” you should have the box checked, if not please do it. Finally we are going to remove temporary files stored under “Application Storage” by clicking on “Delete all…”, confirm and click “OK”. - Delete cookies and cache (temporary internet files) from your browsers, and close them all.- Click on the Windows “Start” button (bottom left corner), “Run…”, type “cmd” and press “OK”. In the command prompt type “ipconfig /flushdns”, confirmation shoud follow that operation was successful, close the window.- Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage add ons > you will see Silverlight in the list, enable it. Now you are ready to give a try by logging in at http://evertontv.evertonfc.com/. Should you have any issue with the internet navigator please try with, at least, another one.If you suffer error message(s) please send us a screen grab(s) (learn how to do it there: http://take-a-screenshot.org/). We would like to know what operating system, internet browsers and Silverlight version you use to help us better understand your setup. It would be grand also if you could provide us with the token generated at this address. It will give us a better insight on your browser’s settings.

"We have been investigating the playback issue.

A number of evertontv users have reported troubles in playing the video clips. Some being more effected than others.

We have noticed that using a different internet browser may improve the experience as well as closing and reopening the player.

As we are moving closer to resolving this issue, please be patient.

Thank you for your understanding and support."

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Been hopeless for me...was finally able to access it (after the technical "helpdesk" ran out of ideas and told me to "wait and see") by using a different user account and browser, now I can't get anything to play at all.

Waste of time contacting them again.

They're really making it a lot more complicated than it needs to be seeing as it's now a free service.

Surely HTML5 would be the way forward here? Especially with a HTML5 player with a flash-fallback feature for those users still using older browsers. That would also have the added benefit of making EvertonTV Android-compatible...

They're really making it a lot more complicated than it needs to be seeing as it's now a free service.

Surely HTML5 would be the way forward here? Especially with a HTML5 player with a flash-fallback feature for those users still using older browsers. That would also have the added benefit of making EvertonTV Android-compatible...

Same here too, I can't understand why some companies, especially, (supposedly), international companies, insist on limiting compatibility and accessibilty to their sites.