IGNORED

Everton TV

inertia8

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not tried the new yet. Hopefully it's just teething problems.

It may be down to the "Adaptive bit-rate streaming". In other words the faster your internet connection is, the better video quality you receive. Previously EvertonTV was simply an encoded WMV file hosted by the club. Now it's still a file stored on the server but streams differently.

Are there any new features or is it the same?

As far as I can tell, I've lost the ability to download clips, lost the ability to change connection quality, because it's now automatic..

Seriously, it's never been good enough for streaming.. I've got a 30mbit cable connection here in Aus and it's pretty fast for almost everything...

It could well be that the network path from evertonTV to my ISP in Aus has a shite link letting it down..

What I'd like is for someone who's been able to view the high quality stuff in the past to confirm if the silverlight product can indeed provide that same high quality.

As far as I can tell, I've lost the ability to download clips, lost the ability to change connection quality, because it's now automatic..

Seriously, it's never been good enough for streaming.. I've got a 30mbit cable connection here in Aus and it's pretty fast for almost everything...

It could well be that the network path from evertonTV to my ISP in Aus has a shite link letting it down..

What I'd like is for someone who's been able to view the high quality stuff in the past to confirm if the silverlight product can indeed provide that same high quality.

I watched the utd highlights and interviews afterwards and i would say it was just as good to be fair.

• 4 weeks later...

Basically, I'm a die hard toffee living down south and due to this and the fact that I am a uni student; it is rather difficult to make it to any games, be that home or away. Hopefully one day I'll be living up near the Everton area, so that I can be lucky enough to be a season ticket holder for many years to come.

I keep up with news every day and was wondering opinions on the online Everton TV service as I am seriously contemplating subscribing?

What does the service consist of? Are the match highlights decent? Are games repeated in full.

Also, if there are any Everton supporters living near the Salisbury/Southampton area, please let me know.

Perhaps there are some southern toffee's that get together and organise match trips together?

Thanks very much, I really appreciate any applies.

Kind regards and UP THE TOFFEES! :D

It's hit and miss, it's a decent service but the questions are usually leading and straightforward - you won't get much insight into events that you couldn't normally guess the answer to. Questions are similar to:

It must have been a great feeling scoring that goal?

The Everton fans are great arn't they?

It's not too late to improve on our league position is it?

With you being based in Salisbury it probably is worth it but less so if you're based in Merseyside as the local radio stations play most of the content throughout the week anyway. It's funny as sometimes the radio presenters voice is put in place of the guy asking questions on EvertonTV.

First team match highlights are up to 60minutes I think.

You get 5 minute reserve highlights too, no under 18s or ladies' games.

Some people have been complaining about the quality of the video after a recent upgrade - I don't know if that's been resolved.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well it' £25 for pre-season and free for the rest of the season, instead of £40 for the whole season.

It feels a bit more slow though?

Is it working for you now Louis? Still not for me...anyone got any ideas before I contact the techy desk people?