IGNORED

Everton TV

inertia8

Surely with it being Silverlight, Flash update should not affect it.

I have the black screen thing, i deleted my cookies and rebooted and ti worked fine.

I did this a couple of months ago when i couldnt get any of the live friendlys, the bloke talked me through it and still couldnt get it.

They gave me a refund on the package and i've not used it since.

Every site i use have done an upgrade and not one of the fuckers is any good, Everton Tv, Barclays Premier for the Fantasy Footy, oz tips for the tipping, and Toffeetalk for the chat, what a waste of time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

The City site's not bad... they always show pre and post match tunnel goings on, team arrivals and training etc.

What value it actually adds I don't know, but we all like to get a bit of a sneak look at stuff we wouldn't normally see. Some of it's not that well vetted either - little incidents and swearing etc.

Trouble is - it costs money all the time for someone to make the videos and publish them etc. Good quality vids though.

Everton's site is quite good I'd say, there's some really crap ones out there!

Does anyone know how to get videos to play through the Everton app on their phone? I have a Droid 2 and it gives me an error that says file cannot be played or displayed.

I tried to find out if there was a silverlight download i needed but couldent find one...thanks

Which Everton App? there's a few on Android Market.

Everton Web videos are working fine for me via the browser... so let me know the precise app you're using and I'll take a look.

If the app is Everton (from BrightAI) then you can view the videos like this:

1) Install the Everton app

2) Install MX Video Player from the Market (free)

3) Run the Everton app and choose a video

4) When asked which app to play the video with, choose MX Video Player. Job done (you can also choose to make it the default app if you so wish)

Edited by BlueSky

The City site's not bad... they always show pre and post match tunnel goings on, team arrivals and training etc.

What value it actually adds I don't know, but we all like to get a bit of a sneak look at stuff we wouldn't normally see. Some of it's not that well vetted either - little incidents and swearing etc.

Trouble is - it costs money all the time for someone to make the videos and publish them etc. Good quality vids though.

Everton's site is quite good I'd say, there's some really crap ones out there!

its those little things that i personally find interesting. id like to see what its like around the training grounds and in the tunnels. for all the money they earn we see maybe 14 of them for an hour and a half a week. i want to see more. think city have pulled off a blinder.

i love seeing the videos on evertontv where osman is taking the piss, great fun watching them.

i dont think it would cost much to make these videos, big clubs will have people knocking round with recording equipment anyway, and once your opening and closing graphics are made it gets quite simple.

Edited by StevO

its those little things that i personally find interesting. id like to see what its like around the training grounds and in the tunnels. for all the money they earn we see maybe 14 of them for an hour and a half a week. i want to see more. think city have pulled off a blinder.

i love seeing the videos on evertontv where osman is taking the piss, great fun watching them.

i dont think it would cost much to make these videos, big clubs will have people knocking round with recording equipment anyway, and once your opening and closing graphics are made it gets quite simple.

I second this Steve, i find that stuff so intriguing. Also, you're right, creation and production of videos that simple would cost very little, and while we're on the subject; I bet I could find someone to re-design and code our website out of pure principal. It's dense, and in my opinion pretty unattractive. City have done very well to get their viral content on youtube...plus, it's all interesting, I can't stand the carbon copy interviews of our squad. Boring. The only way to get a real idea of their character would be with more candid content.

Haha, here in the states, art students are certainly used to working/interning for nothing, there has to be someone with video knowledge that wouldn't mind helping us Toffees out.

Haha, here in the states, art students are certainly used to working/interning for nothing, there has to be someone with video knowledge that wouldn't mind helping us Toffees out.

they clearly have people who can do this stuff, they went pretty far with evertontv and the silverlight stuff. im sure they could do it, i just dont get why they dont

HTML5 won't be mainstream for at least another 2 years, and it wouldn't really help anyway (although I agree it's the way forward). The problem will be the codec used.

Flash and Silverlight are both being abandoned in the advent of HTML5, but it will take a few years before folks transition.

The issue folks are having with Silverlight will be a codec issue. Silverlight can use a wide array of codecs to handle all sorts of different video formats and streams but you still need a relevant codec on your PC.

AVI, MP4, MKV etc are not video formats, they are 'containers' for video that be encoded in countless ways. This is why one MP4 can work fine and another doesn't. Chances are, someone's encoded the stream in a slightly obscure way and it's knocked out a few users.

Edited by BlueSky

Which Everton App? there's a few on Android Market.

Everton Web videos are working fine for me via the browser... so let me know the precise app you're using and I'll take a look.

If the app is Everton (from BrightAI) then you can view the videos like this:

1) Install the Everton app

2) Install MX Video Player from the Market (free)

3) Run the Everton app and choose a video

4) When asked which app to play the video with, choose MX Video Player. Job done (you can also choose to make it the default app if you so wish)

MX video player did the trick...Thanks Bluesky!

• 3 weeks later...

A great idea for the club would be to stream the odd classic the full game - Sheff wed 66, Bayern Munich semi, Man United 5-0 etc etc

To be able to view you need to log in and run through some marketing forms, banners etc and hopefully that would be a great way of kicking up some revenue, increasing our mail lists etc.

Correct me if they do that from time to time, I very rarely look at the O.S.

• 2 weeks later...