IGNORED

Thinking out of the box - your line up

Peter H

I was just playing around with the player materials that we currently have available (bar injuries) and came up with a line up that I believe would be very entertaining to watch but also defensive and tight at the back.

...........................Vellios.................................

.........Drenthe.........................Donovan...........

Baines.........Rodwell..........Felli.........Coleman

...............Distin.....Jags.....Heitinga..................

.........................Howard...................................

Would leave plenty of room for Coleman and Baines to charge down the wings or double up with Drenthe and Donovan. Felli and the 3 at the back, along with Baines and Coleman to take care of defence with Rodwell cleaning up any loose balls infront of them. Would also let us use all three central defenders in central defence instead of sticking heitinga in the midfield.

6-3-1 in defence.

3-4-3 in attack

What do you guys think?

...................Vellios......................

.................Donovan....................

Gueye...Felli...Rodwell...Drenthe

Baines...Distin...Heitinga......???..

..................Howard....................

Im desperate for us to sign a new RB tbh, Hibbert's crap and Coleman is a bit of a headless chicken imo.

pretty much what id go for with maybe a little tweak:

********************Howard********************

*******Heits ****** Jags ****** Distin********

Coleman *********Felli*************** Baines

*********Barkley Ossie Drenthe**********

**********Vellios **********Saha**********

Not included Donovan because he wont be around long enough

he can't pass the ball 6 yards across the ground Matt, he only has one thing in his locker which is to hoof it, and at the top level it's just not enough imo, occasionally you get a half decent cross out of him

in previous seasons I wouldve agreed with you but this season hes improved immensely, including his passing and crossing.

No offence, but threads like this are pointless. We all seem to have more sense than Moyes tactically, and he thinks 4-4-2 is "experimental" could you honestly see Moyes playing 3 at the back?

I know where you are coming from and no, you are probably right, but in effect, its not 3 at the back, its 6. Thats defensive enough for Moyes too.

These threads are pointless, because Moyes wont play the way we dream? In that case all threads on here are pointless as Moyes probably doesnt read TT.

Tenaciaousj - Id let Baines and Coleman double as wingers with Drenthe and Donovan filling the gap behind Vellios. As well as having Drenthe and Donovan as wingers with Rodwell and Felli filling the gap behind Vellios. Quite dynamic really.

in previous seasons I wouldve agreed with you but this season hes improved immensely, including his passing and crossing.

I would always take him over Coleman though, im really not a Coleman fan tbh, i think Seamus is a bit "too raw" for the premiership, i really just don't see were its going with him, he is clearly not a midfielder, but Moyes is reluctant to play him at RB.

no one spotted matt cheating with an extra man? :lol:

i'd love a 3-5-2 with wingbacks...would be the perfect balance for us to see if coleman can step up his defensive game whilst also not stifling him goin forward too much...play 3 cb who are all stand out performers when on their game and along with felli it's all versatile enough to cover for the wing backs whilst also packing the midfield..especially with 2 engines like fellaini and rodwell in the middle and also offers a lot of support for the strikers..i'd kill to see summat like this but it ain't gonna happen sadly

I would always take him over Coleman though, im really not a Coleman fan tbh, i think Seamus is a bit "too raw" for the premiership, i really just don't see were its going with him, he is clearly not a midfielder, but Moyes is reluctant to play him at RB.

Seamus has been injured and had a huge amount of expectation thrust upon him. I dont see him as a RB, hes too rash but hes also not much use on the RW. If hes going to stay in RW he needs to learn a little creativity and not just trying to do the head down and try run past people

That's probably an indication of just how bad we've been sad.png .

:lol: you could be right but credit where credits due Mark, hes been playing well.

no one spotted matt cheating with an extra man? laugh.png

i'd love a 3-5-2 with wingbacks...would be the perfect balance for us to see if coleman can step up his defensive game whilst also not stifling him goin forward too much...play 3 cb who are all stand out performers when on their game and along with felli it's all versatile enough to cover for the wing backs whilst also packing the midfield..especially with 2 engines like fellaini and rodwell in the middle and also offers a lot of support for the strikers..i'd kill to see summat like this but it ain't gonna happen sadly

shuttit yer bastard! noone else noticed, maybe it could help us win! :P

theres supposed to be a / between Barkley and Ossie that i seem to have deleted.

May be a bit too far out the box, but I’m sick of defensive stuff. So I’d try:

Howard

Drenthe - (never understood why you can’t have a left-sided right back – gives us extreme pace and width here) - Distin - Heitinga - Baines

Fellaini (to break the play up and distribute)

Osman - Bily - Barkley

(have them constantly rotating positions – get amongst opponents in upper third – all can shoot)

Vellios - Anichebe

(system would work great with a bona fide striker – sell Rodwell and invest to get one, please – but, if this is all we have, these guys would have to run the damn channels, hold the ball up and use their bloody size.)

New Manager

would probably only be successful in football manager... easy level ! .. but still, here's my go :)

------------------Howard----------------

Coleman---Distin-----Jags----Baines

------------------ Fellaini -----------------

-----------Barkley------Bily--------------

Donovan*-----------------------Drenthe

--------------------Saha--------------------

would probably only be successful in football manager... easy level ! .. but still, here's my go smile.png

------------------Howard----------------

Coleman---Distin-----Jags----Baines

------------------ Fellaini -----------------

-----------Barkley------Bily--------------

Donovan*-----------------------Drenthe

--------------------Saha--------------------

any reason why Jags and Distin are switched?

any reason why Jags and Distin are switched?

there's a glitch in footy manager that gives super special powers to left footed players that play right side of center back ;) .. nah i just wasnt thinking.. had my mind on who i should play in midfield :)

they should have course have been the other way around.

Seamus has been injured and had a huge amount of expectation thrust upon him. I dont see him as a RB, hes too rash but hes also not much use on the RW. If hes going to stay in RW he needs to learn a little creativity and not just trying to do the head down and try run past people

laugh.png you could be right but credit where credits due Mark, hes been playing well.

I have a theory on this lol and it really is "outside of the box" i would like to see Coleman as a box to box midfielder eventually (no im not stoned) he can run with the ball fine, and if he spent some time maybe on loan somewhere, preferably abroad were he could improve his technical game a bit, i think in a few years time he could be quite decent in the middle......wacko.pngunsure.png

just think about it for a while, and you will see what i mean.......(or maybe i finally am going mad)

pretty much what id go for with maybe a little tweak:

********************Howard********************

*******Heits ****** Jags ****** Distin********

Coleman *********Felli*************** Baines

*********Barkley Ossie Drenthe**********

**********Vellios **********Saha**********

Not included Donovan because he wont be around long enough

12 players, I like it ;)

I was just playing around with the player materials that we currently have available (bar injuries) and came up with a line up that I believe would be very entertaining to watch but also defensive and tight at the back.

...........................Vellios.................................

.........Drenthe.........................Donovan...........

Baines.........Rodwell..........Felli.........Coleman

...............Distin.....Jags.....Heitinga..................

.........................Howard...................................

I can understand you wanting to put Howard up front Pete, but Drenthe and Donovan would make lousy defenders. laugh.png