IGNORED

Moyes still pulling off miracles at Everton

Kev627

Are we allowed to give Moyes a bit of credit for seeing something he could work with in Straq? Leicester turned him down afterall!!!

I must say, I thought Moyes had brought a donkey in to make up the numbers but he's contributed massively in recent weeks, and I really don't think we'd have beaten City without him, and the same can be said about beating Chelsea today but to a lesser extent.

Moyes On the development of Denis Stracqualursi:

"He's old-fashioned - when I played there was lots of that type of centre forward about, a little bit huff and puff, not always pleasing on the eye sometimes but by the end he sort of wore them down. He's got an iron lung I know that, the boy can keep going.

"You don't get a chance to see him - but he trains every day, he does extra every day, he's never once questioned it, he's made a real go at trying to be successful in England so he deserves everything he gets at the moment, he really does."

Are we allowed to give Moyes a bit of credit for seeing something he could work with in Straq? Leicester turned him down afterall!!!

A lad who I work with knows the lad who identified straq as a watch item. Impressive when you consider general viewing doesn't allow scouting. Done through stats etc.

So no?

"You don't get a chance to see him - but he trains every day, he does extra every day, he's never once questioned it, he's made a real go at trying to be successful in England so he deserves everything he gets at the moment, he really does."

I really hope we keep hold of Stracq, I'm starting to really, really like him because its obvious how much Everton means to him.

I said to my Dad today that he was one of the reasons why Chelsea were so shakey at the back, he might not have the skill and tricks that the top players have but by chasing down every single player he causes them to panic and that is what happened today. Ashley Cole would get the ball and Stracq would be up his arse, Ashley would panic and hoof the ball to David Luiz where Stracq would be breathing down his neck in the blink of an eye, Luiz would scrap a ball to Cech and the cycle would continue until Chelsea gave us the ball back. It was fantastic to see.

I wish him all the best with Everton and if he dosen't end up getting signed I wish him all the best for the future.

What's his hairdressers dog got to say on this subject?

Amazing how this info comes out after he's done something good!

Ah... you feeling a bit mardy tonight c?

I thought straq looked good when we seen him in previous games, I have thought that about many players who did well only to be replaced again by the usual suspects.

Ah... you feeling a bit mardy tonight c?

I thought straq looked good when we seen him in previous games, I have thought that about many players who did well only to be replaced again by the usual suspects.

Quite the opposite sunshine! A grand old day out at GP and 3 points against one of the 'big 4' and home to a bottle of red and match of the day, pretty textbook to be honest... full of beans! You should try supporting that team you once did - remember them? You seem to have been sucked in by some rebellious propaganda... you're better than that, surely? sometimes it's hard but when it's good, it's real good!!!

I really do dislike the term "chairman, looking for investment"

I have the image if him on his phone making cold calls using forbes magazine "hello my name is bill kenwright, if you have 5 minutes I would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity" next thing you know the phone is put down.

What exactly are his intentions when he says investment??? When people put their houses up for sale it is a sale "not seeking investment"

They are intending to vacate the premises and move on... In all seriousness who in their right mind will stump up a load of cash to someone so they can still sleep in the master bedroom and decide on the colour scheme? When in all seriousness the house under their care has gone downhill and needs structural repair...

Maybe bill just wants to live in a granny flat at the bottom of the garden and pop into the house for the occasional party and remind everyone that they used to own it and how it's original features need to remain.

One way or another I can't see anyone putting the type of coin in that is needed whilst he remains part of the furniture.

I really do dislike the term "chairman, looking for investment"

I have the image if him on his phone making cold calls using forbes magazine "hello my name is bill kenwright, if you have 5 minutes I would like to talk to you about an investment opportunity" next thing you know the phone is put down.

What exactly are his intentions when he says investment??? When people put their houses up for sale it is a sale "not seeking investment"

They are intending to vacate the premises and move on... In all seriousness who in their right mind will stump up a load of cash to someone so they can still sleep in the master bedroom and decide on the colour scheme? When in all seriousness the house under their care has gone downhill and needs structural repair...

Maybe bill just wants to live in a granny flat at the bottom of the garden and pop into the house for the occasional party and remind everyone that they used to own it and how it's original features need to remain.

One way or another I can't see anyone putting the type of coin in that is needed whilst he remains part of the furniture.

That was very nicely put Haf. (I am not saying I totally agree with you, but I do find it hard to argue with such eloquence. Are you feeling well? LOL)

Near 5 weeks off the ale, just been for a 3 mile run, nice and clear head, pretty sore and chaffed under carriage!

Bit of advice... sure you'll love it off me!!! A bit of Vaseline for under carriage pre-run and get Nike plus sportsband to track your runs and put you on a routine - £40 - got one for Christmas top notch. (oh yeah and finally stop chatting shit ;) !)

Has it really been (almost) 10 years to the time where Moyes has been manager, where does the time go to, it just passes so quick sad.png

I watched a bit of Match of the Day last night, first time in ages and at the end of the profile game Hansen and I can't remember the other one, were giving Moyes plaudits and recognition for his work in the last decade, 'With limited funds and up against it, with financial restrictions it has all worked out quite well for the most part', I remember hearing or some variation, there was a general consensus that Moyes had done a very fine job of it since arriving from Preston North End in 2002 now, that's fair enough, OK it hasn't been all one way traffic but we are fully aware of what we have achieved with Moyes in charge, we have all been live witnesses

BUT - For all the plaudits and accolades given, Mr Moyes still has yet to register a trophy of any kind. European Cup place and other finishes of recognition in the last 10 years are all very well but you cannot ignore the obvious void in way of actual silverware. Moyes has had opportunities to rectify this, The Cup Final in 2009, the opposition fully deserved their victory that day, they were the better side, but how many times can you say that we have faced opposition in domestic cup competitions and Moyes (as manager) has failed to overcome some fairly basic obstacles where progress could have been clearly made. I can't emphasize enough that this season surely represents a real opportunity to finally, after 17 long years to at last win something, recent victories over Manchester City and the plastics yesterday have proved enough that we can beat anyone on our day, so is it really an impossibility to win gold in May. Moyes can, for his 10th anniversary in charge find a fitting way to celebrate by winning that elusive trophy he never quite managed, later this season. Still a long way to go and things to be seen but after the recent turn in fortunes one has to feel more optimistic about things.Moyes is not the greatest manager this club has seen but has pulled off some fine achievements with limited resources and work of recognition, but also at the same time has been frustrating, inept, confusing and had his name pulled through the mud at any given time, some very colorful words spoken in Moyes general direction at times by supporters, this season particularly. You can understand their frustration. I can only hope the recent good run of results can continue, some consistency remains and maybe Moyes will having something to show for it at end of season for his tenth anniversary year. One can only be hopeful but I really don't know what will happen