IGNORED

Injury Update

Aidan

Gibson faces four weeks on the sidelines with a knee injury, according to reports circulating from Ireland. However, it's not all bad news because Jagielka, Rodwell, Osman, Cahill and Anichebe are all likely to return to the squad to face QPR. Jelavic could also make a return.

IMO I would rather have Rodwell or Osman in centre park ahead of Gibson. He's too quiet for me, he will have a shot or so a game which will be half decent and pick out a good pass or two but aside from that I always forget he's on the field.

Hopefully we wont have anymore injurys before we face QPR so we can have depth in the squad to travel to Loftus Road. I'd like to see Straq and Anichebe up front with service from Drenthe and Pienaar. Typing that just made me realise how much I'm going to miss Landon huh.png .

The Gibson injury is perfect timing for Moyes with Jagielka coming back, he won't have to make a decision now. It'll be Heitinga in midfield and Jagielka straight back into defence dry.png .

Heitinga and midfield shouldn't be allowed to be in the same sentance together.

I agree. But it's what happened last time Jagielka was out of the side; as soon as their was a midfield injury (think it was Rodwell) he shifted Heitinga into midfield and Jagielka was back in central defence.

Hopefully Osman or Rodwell will be fit enough to start... Or even Barkey pushing up the field?

I agree. But it's what happened last time Jagielka was out of the side; as soon as their was a midfield injury (think it was Rodwell) he shifted Heitinga into midfield and Jagielka was back in central defence.

I would hope and pray that if he wants Jags back in the team then it's for dusty, not that he's been playing bad, but it seems that jonny glues the defense together. Jags and dusty just seem to fall apart when played together.

Hopefully Osman or Rodwell will be fit enough to start... Or even Barkey pushing up the field?

If you had seen Barkley in the reserve game the other day you wouldnt have made that comment, he was practicly invisible.

Baxter played a lot better but i wouldnt want either of them anywhere near the 1st team at the moment.

If you had seen Barkley in the reserve game the other day you wouldnt have made that comment, he was practicly invisible.

Baxter played a lot better but i wouldnt want either of them anywhere near the 1st team at the moment.

Barkely seems like the sort of player who plays well under pressure though (if re-introduced into the squad he might just perform). Is baxter a midfielder or a striker? I just cant seem to get my head round him he's a confusing player, I dont know where he prefers to be on the pitch or what his main strengths are, is he a passer or...?

I would hope and pray that if he wants Jags back in the team then it's for dusty, not that he's been playing bad, but it seems that jonny glues the defense together. Jags and dusty just seem to fall apart when played together.

It would be madness to split Johnny and Distin up they are the best central pairing we have hands down.Pre injury Jags has been in poor form for some time for me and He doesn't work anywhere near as well with Johnny as Distin does. He should be left on the bench until either of the above have a drop in form and even then I'd be tempted to give Duffy more time over Jags in all honesty.

Did you see the full game or just the highlights on evertontv? Just wondering what you or anyone else who has seen any of the reserve games recently makes of the young lads in and around the first team squad at the moment (Gueye, Vellios, Bexter, Barkley). Looking at there recent results they appear to be scoring goals for fun.

It would be madness to split Johnny and Distin up they are the best central pairing we have hands down.Pre injury Jags has been in poor form for some time for me and He doesn't work anywhere near as well with Johnny as Distin does. He should be left on the bench until either of the above have a drop in form and even then I'd be tempted to give Duffy more time over Jags in all honesty.

I wouldnt want to upset Jags though, I know him and Distin dont work together but we cant forget that Jagielka is still a top quality CB. Didnt he used to play in DM from time to time in his younger days?

Just looking at the reserve stats for this season the top goal scorers are as follows..

1. Apostolos Vellios (6 goals -7 apperances)
  2. Conor McAleny (3 goals - 5(2) apperances)
  3. Magaye Gueye (3 goals - 8 apperances)
  4. John Lundstram (2 goals - 5 apperances)
  5. Ross Barkley (2 goals - 7 apperances)

Credit to Vellios there, 6 in 5 , not bad at all. Scored 3 for first team too if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldnt want to upset Jags though, I know him and Distin dont work together but we cant forget that Jagielka is still a top quality CB. Didnt he used to play in DM from time to time in his younger days?

I couldn't give a toss if He brought in the Andrex to be honest bud He'sbeen under par for some time and needs to prove He "still" is a top CB Plus as said the other two have been solid and until that changes He has no right to walk straight back into the starting 11 knowing Moyes He will but He shouldn'tHe's been used there for us a few times and He's been awful....

some strange people on here pointing the finger at distin

Distin makes me smile every time he plays. You can see his intelligence and experience game in game out and physically he is outstanding. Hes strong, has the stamina, has the height and also has pace, which at 34 is amazing. I truly think hes one of the best CBs in English football.

Distin makes me smile every time he plays. You can see his intelligence and experience game in game out and physically he is outstanding. Hes strong, has the stamina, has the height and also has pace, which at 34 is amazing. I truly think hes one of the best CBs in English football.

Totally agree I've said in another thread in the past that He's one of My best buys under Moyes

I couldn't give a toss if He brought in the Andrex to be honest bud He'sbeen under par for some time and needs to prove He "still" is a top CB Plus as said the other two have been solid and until that changes He has no right to walk straight back into the starting 11 knowing Moyes He will but He shouldn'tHe's been used there for us a few times and He's been awful....

You're completely right mate, give Duffy a chance then, Moyes needs to stop playing favorites like he has done in the past.

yes but hes a fish out of water in midfield.

I thought he might be shit, but then again Heitinga is hardly ideal.

Oh yeah I totally agree, I meant if Moyes was to put jags back on the field, which we all know is more than likely knowing DM, that's what I would would prefer to see rather than dusty and jags being paired together! He must keep jonny in defense at all costs!

http://www.evertonfc...-of-irish-squad

Probably damaged it in the daft "sliding on the knees" celebration they all seem to do now (I know he's played twice since the City game).....accident waiting to happen that imo; I'd ban the players from doing it if I were in charge.

We should put them all in striped pyjamas too and build 10ft walls around Finch Farm and only let them out on match days.

Barkely seems like the sort of player who plays well under pressure though (if re-introduced into the squad he might just perform). Is baxter a midfielder or a striker? I just cant seem to get my head round him he's a confusing player, I dont know where he prefers to be on the pitch or what his main strengths are, is he a passer or...?

out of interest what do you base that on? he's not had any pressure to perform under

Aidan - What Baxter is is shit. Wouldn't want to upset Jags? Christ almighty; he's been poor for a while now, and he's paid tens of thousands of pounds a week so if he can't take having to sit on the bench then he's a pussy. Jags in midfield? Probably an even worse idea than having Heitinga there.

It seems like I'm picking on you here, but there's so much wrong with most of what you've said in this thread I feel like posting about you in the What Grinds Your Gears thread :P.

Aidan - What Baxter is is shit. Wouldn't want to upset Jags? Christ almighty; he's been poor for a while now, and he's paid tens of thousands of pounds a week so if he can't take having to sit on the bench then he's a pussy. Jags in midfield? Probably an even worse idea than having Heitinga there.

It seems like I'm picking on you here, but there's so much wrong with most of what you've said in this thread I feel like posting about you in the What Grinds Your Gears thread tongue.png.

on Baxter -

"Is baxter a midfielder or a striker? I just cant seem to get my head round him he's a confusing player, I dont know where he prefers to be on the pitch or what his main strengths are, is he a passer or...?"

I never said Baxter was shit I have no idea where you are getting that from.

on Jags -

"Didnt he used to play in DM from time to time in his younger days?"

"You're completely right mate, give Duffy a chance then, Moyes needs to stop playing favorites like he has done in the past."

Thats what I said about Jags if you scroll up. To be honest your reply was needless mate.

I haven't said you've said Baxter is shit, it's what I'm saying about him.

You said you wouldn't want to upset Jags somewhere or another, which I found quite funny when he's a grown man. And Jags has played DM for us and the thought of it makes me shudder!

I ment moral wise. Unless he goes home crying after ever match hes on the bench. crying.gif