IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

Pele made 92 appearances (scoring 77 goals) so he's just short of the 100 mark. I'd have thought he would have stayed on for 8 more games seeing the figure that he was but I guess it wasn't to be. He had an impressive record at club level too, 589 goals for Santos in 605 games and 31 goals in 56 games for the NY Cosmos.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 64:

Which four non-United Kingdom managers have won the Football League Cup?

1 - Jose Mourinho; Chelsea (correctly answered by MikeO).

2 - Gerard Houllier; Liverpool (correctly answered by MikeO).

3 - Gianluca Vialli; Chelsea (correctly answered by Fearthainn).

4 - Juande Ramos; Spurs (correctly answered by MikeO).

Edited by Zoo

That would have been 1998 but wasn't Gullit manager at the time. As mentioned, Houllier (2001,2003) (has Wenger won the League Cup, I don't recall such a thing), and Mourinho in 2005 for sure.

I know nearly all the winners since the inception in each consecutive season since 1960/61 but not all the managers.

We should have a League Cup special thread today as it's the final game

I never did think Wenger won it, last time would have been George Graham in 1993.

Didn't quite realize Vialli was manager at the time, must have won the ECWC also (that season)

Only one to find and I wouldn't be surprised if it was an Irish manager, but other areas to explore than this.

Yeah Vialli won quite a few cups with Chelsea.

Graham won it in 1999 I remember (Spurs), and supporters didn't even like that, so Ramos would have been about 2008 or 2009. I knew it had to be a more recent year when foreign managers were more prevalent in the game that the 1970 and 80s for example.

That was when they beat Chelsea then and there was a lot of whooping and hollering as they never usually beat them and it was a 'magnificent' achievement. I'm pleased enough one of the less recognized sides are going to win today rather than the usual names. Oxford, Luton, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn and Middlesbrough in years past and now this. It's good to see.

That was when they beat Chelsea then and there was a lot of whooping and hollering as they never usually beat them and it was a 'magnificent' achievement. I'm pleased enough one of the less recognized sides are going to win today rather than the usual names. Oxford, Luton, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn and Middlesbrough in years past and now this. It's good to see.

That's a bit disrespectful, there is plenty of time to go you see.

Not this end there isn't. But the game is over now and Swans won 5 - 0, it was the biggest victory margin in the competition. would have been interesting if this had been played in Cardiff when it was. Having Bradford goalkeeper taken off didn't help them but I think they were always going to be up against it today. It's still one of the less important objectives of the domestic calendar, but well done one last time today on the welsh side getting their success.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 65:

Name the 8 teams that Sir Bobby Robson managed (excluding Vancouver);

1 - Fulham; 1968 (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

2 - Ipswich Town; 1969-1982 (correctly answered by pete0).

3 - England; 1982-1990 (correctly answered by Fearthainn).

4 - PSV Eindhoven; 1990-1992 (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

5 - Sporting CP; 1992-1994 (correctly answered by Fearthainn).

6 - FC Porto; 1994-1996 (correctly answered by Fearthainn).

7 - FC Barcelona; 1996-1997 (correctly answered by pete0).

8 - Newcastle United; 1999-2004 (correctly answered by pete0).

Edited by Zoo