IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

Adidas - Germany,Denmark

Umbro - England

everyone else Nike.

Four:

Adidas (Spain, Greece, Germany, Denmark, Russia & Ukraine)

Nike (Netherlands, Poland, France, Portugal & Croatia)

Umbro (Sweden, Ireland & England)

Puma (Czech Republic & Italy)

Monday 11th June 2012:

Who scored the first goal in the FIFA 2014 World Cup Qualification Competition?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday 12th June 2012:

In which year did England play full internationals in yellow shirts?

I remember this vaguely. Back in 1973 was a memorable year for me for certain reasons, and I think it was back then. Not 100% sure, but I will go with 1973 as my answer, although it may have happened at other times.

I remember this vaguely. Back in 1973 was a memorable year for me for certain reasons, and I think it was back then. Not 100% sure, but I will go with 1973 as my answer, although it may have happened at other times.

Yes, England played in yellow shirts for three away matches in May & June 1973 against Czechoslovakia, Poland and the Soviet Union.

An all-yellow strip was also worn by England in an unoffical match against "Team America" (players from NASL clubs) in 1976.

9275.jpg

England National Team Home & Away Strips 1872-2012

I think Gus Hiddink is Russian manager as we speak, I'm sure of it, and didn't he also take charge of South Korea somewhere in time, could well be the 2002 World Cup when they went a long way, it rings a bell. Belgium are Dutch neighbors so you would assume they could be included, UAE is a bit of a strange one, but Don Revie did a runner to them in the 1970s I remember so anything is possible, and as for The Netherlands themselves, well Van Basten was manager for a while if memory serves, and if not him, then surely some other Dutch name in charge of the national side. It has to be the correct answer

We're off pretty soon but I think the person you meant was Dominic Diamond (Dino D.. yellow CARD.PNG ) and it must have been a long time back as I even remember having a go at that game years back, Anco brought it out around 1991/92 and it was damn difficult to play but was one of the most popular releases of the time. Poor old Patrick must have been short of a penny or two if he ended up on that show doing what he did etc. It's a pity that show wasn't still active about 2005 as I'd have wrote in (e-mailed) even, to Moore, how the fuck do you get past a certain stage on Team Soho's The Getaway, Black Monday. I just gave up in the end, but they don't always have the answers etc.

We're off pretty soon but I think the person you meant was Dominic Diamond (Dino D.. yellow CARD.PNG ) and it must have been a long time back as I even remember having a go at that game years back, Anco brought it out around 1991/92 and it was damn difficult to play but was one of the most popular releases of the time. Poor old Patrick must have been short of a penny or two if he ended up on that show doing what he did etc. It's a pity that show wasn't still active about 2005 as I'd have wrote in (e-mailed) even, to Moore, how the fuck do you get past a certain stage on Team Soho's The Getaway, Black Monday. I just gave up in the end, but they don't always have the answers etc.

Dino Dini - you can have this back yellow CARD.PNG

probably that advocaat if that's right...he's at russia at moment i think..and defo managed a couple of them others

Yes, their National Teams were all managed by Dutchman Dick Advocaat.

Thursday 14th June 2012:

Who was the only player to score a hat-trick during the Euro 2008 Finals?

14th June could well be Miroslav Klose or however you spell it, the german international

15th June, I don't know, I was thinking Waddle maybe, or Gary Stevens or even Fenwick, I really do not know.

David Villa in a 4-1 Group Stage win for Spain against Russia, 10th June 2008.

Teddy Sheringham played 21 times scoring 13 goals for Djurgårdens IF on loan from Millwall in 1985.

Saturday 16th June 2012:

Who was the only player to score two hat-tricks during a UEFA Euro Finals tournament?

Edited by THFC6061

think that was the dickhead platini..heard it mentioned before when people have been rimmin him as a footballer

Yes, Michel Platini of France scored two hat-tricks within four days of each other against Belgium and Yugoslavia at the 1984 Euros in France.

European Football Championships Top Goalscorers & Hat-Tricks 1960 to 2012

Sunday 17th June 2012:

Which five Ukrainian footballers have played in the English Premier League?

Shevchenko, Rebrov, Luzhny, Voronin. I'm unsure who the other is, I think maybe another one for Spurs, as I remember Rebrov saying to a player to watch out around the area, but that might of been to Shev.

Oleg Luzhny (Arsenal & Wolves, 1999–2004), Sergei Rebrov (Tottenham Hotspur, 2000–02), Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea, 2006–10) and Andriy Voronin (Liverpool, 2007–10) are all correct.

One more to get...

Was Kanchelskis the other one? Or was he Russian?

He was born in the Ukraine but he played his international football for the Soviet Union, the Commonwealth of Independent States and Russia.

Alex Evtushok (Coventry City, 1996–97), Oleg Luzhny (Arsenal & Wolverhampton Wanderers, 1999–2004), Sergei Rebrov (Tottenham Hotspur, 2000–02), Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea, 2006–10) and Andriy Voronin (Liverpool, 2007–10).

Premier League Foreign Players 1992-93 to 2011-12

Monday 18th June 2012:

Which players scored the goals in November 1999 in the England v Scotland play-off matches for Euro 2000?

Scotland 0 England 2 Scholes 2

England 0 Scotland 1 Hutchison

I remember the second game vividly as I watched some of it in a bar on Ko Samui, Thailand, it was the last time Scots and English have met in any kind of fixture I'm sure. Also the same night Ireland lost to Turkey in another play off on away goals I remember, it was a bad night for Celtic cousins

think that was the dickhead platini..heard it mentioned before when people have been rimmin him as a footballer

You may not like him, he may not like you, but make no mistake about it, Michel Platini was a damn fine player, at his peak he was the best player in Europe for a time and won the european player of the year award three times in a row.

You're too young to remember but I saw him play at the time and he was instrumental in helping respective teams get a result, almost single handed, won the 1984 Championships for France. Say what you like, but at times he was a phenomenal player.