IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

Australia comes under Oceania I think, with New Zealand Fiji and The Solomon Islands etc

England Soccer is over for this summer, but In any event, Asian nations played - maybe -

China

Iran

Japan

Kuwait

Singapore

Saudi Arabia (they actually did in 1988)

United Arab Emirates

that's about it

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia comes under Oceania I think, with New Zealand Fiji and The Solomon Islands etc

England Soccer is over for this summer, but In any event, Asian nations played - maybe -

China

Iran

Japan

Kuwait

Singapore

Saudi Arabia (they actually did in 1988)

United Arab Emirates

that's about it

Australia (played 6 times), Japan (played 3 times), Saudi Arabia (played twice), China, Kuwait, Malaysia & South Korea (played once each).

England have won 8, drawn 6 and lost 1 of those 15 matches played.

Sunday 1st July 2012:

Who was the only player to be sent-off in the Final match of a European Football Championship tournament?

Australia (played 6 times), Japan (played 3 times), Saudi Arabia (played twice), China, Kuwait, Malaysia & South Korea (played once each).

England have won 8, drawn 6 and lost 1 of those 15 matches played.

Sunday 1st July 2012:

Who was the only player to be sent-off in the Final match of a European Football Championship tournament?

Zinedine for his butt on Matterazi.

I was just about to say - That was the World Cup (2006 Final)

I'm 90 per cent thinking that the actual answer is some French player in the 1984 Final against Spain in Paris - but can't remember his name, something like Rioux, or Roich maybe.

Yes, Yvon Le Roux in the 85th minute for France in their 2-0 win against Spain in the Euro 1984 Final.

36 players have been sent of in European Football Championship Finals tournaments, the first being England's Alan Mullery in the 1968 Semi-Final.

Three players were sent-off during Euro 2012: Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Greece), Wojciech Szczęsny (Poland) & Keith Andrews (Ireland).

Monday 2nd July 2012:

Which player finished the Euro 2012 Finals with the most combined goals & assists?

Los Angleles Galaxy has to be one, The New York Cosmos, Tampa Bay, San Jose possibly, DC United and Chicago possibly, embarrassing maybe, but I was never really a fan of it to be honest.

New York Cosmos (5 League Titles), DC United (4), Los Angeles Galaxy (3), Chicago Sting, Houston Dynamo & San Jose Earthquakes (2 each).

Thursday 5th July 2012:

Which 9 Brazilian clubs have won the Copa Libertadores?

Yes, 58 years old today

Also went to Jail for a short time for some fake money scandal, he has had a most colorful career, also wrote a good autobiography.

I don't remember him at Everton but has had more clubs than Arnold Palmer.

He got stabbed in the arse in a nightclub in Rhyl!laugh.png

I don't know about that but I was refering to an incident some 20 years ago when Thomas was attacked in a side road with a mystery woman and was stabbed in the neck and head with a chisel or screwdriver by some men because of an affair he was having, he was quite lucky to survive.

Bonus question (that Spurs guy is on vacation?)

Which former Toffee's player has a Birthday today, who won an F.A Cup Winners medal, despite not actually getting a chance to play on the day. ?

The right response would have been Jason Kearton, 43 years old today

Was on stand by in the 1995 FA cup Final in case of a Southall incident, but never got a chance to play, picked up his winners medal of course, and seemed very happy with it. Eventually want to Crewe if memory serves.