IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highbury?

St James Park?

Old Trafford?

Arsenal Stadium (Highbury) 14th November 1934, England 3-2 Italy, White Hart Lane (Tottenham) 30th November 1949, England 2-0 Italy and Elland Road (Leeds) 27th March 2002, England 1-2 Italy.

Monday 25th June 2012:

How many of the 56 African countries have England played at full international level?

I knew the answer before it was given, it's probably been mentioned enough times the last few days as past reference

England 0 Spain 0 (aet) June 1996, European Championships quarter finals

It was exactly how it was the other night, England were outplayed for vast amounts of the game and Spain should have won comfortably by the end of 90 minutes, but they could not find the breakthrough and lo and behold the English sneaked a win on spot kicks, fuck me it almost happened again the other night.

I thought that was reference to Sunday night and I got a bit worried until I saw the link

No, actually, I remember it vividly, Spain were by far the better side, it was not how you say, they fully deserved a place in the semi-finals but could not make it count, they had two goals ruled out by that days match official and also two tangible penalty strikes were not awarded, English were very fortunate to win on the day. It's just something most will remember. There can be no dispute.

No, as in no dispute as what was said originally, was indeed factual and correct. There was some twisting of the facts apparent. I just wanted things presented in their true form without inaccurate statistics or confusion. Issue is closed.

So how you remember it is factual and correct, without inaccurate statistics or confusion.....and how I remember it is twisting the facts?

I maintain, and anyone who saw the two games (other than yourself) would I'm pretty sure back me up....

Sunday we were a totally embarrassing pathetic shambles, in 1996 we weren't. Therefore saying the two games were exactly the same is just absurd imo.

I do believe it's Italy. Hasn't it already been decided, I'm sure I remember hearing something along those lines. Last host of European Championships was 1980 and any other event was 1990, so it's about time they staged another tourney, it does add up.

This (2012) tournament shouldn't have been held in Poland and Ukraine, what a dumb idea, most soccer supporters of european nations will simply have had too much difficulty in attending, it was the wrong venues, maybe Denmark/Germany or Spain would have been better.

There's little chance UEFA would hold a tourney with three seperate nations, it's a nice idea, with venues in Dublin, Cork, Glasgow, Edinburgh and the English stadia, but that idea seems doomed to failure, if it did go ahead, only Scotland and Eire would seem feasible, the Welsh would just go by the wayside, and apart from The Millennium Arena, other stadia they possess doesn't really feel suitable.

Very well, but it's about time they were given another chance to hold an event, it's been 22 years now and stadia like The San Siro, Turin, Naples and Rome are crying out for international soccer fixtures once again, I remember was a success the Last event was in 1990 but times change of course

At least it's not the same bunch of fucking Idiots who decided to hold (World Cup) competitions in Russia and Qatar unsure.png

Wales, Scotland and the Rep of Eireland?

Three bids are still being considered: Turkey, a joint Republic of Ireland, Scotland & Wales bid and a joint Georgia & Azerbaijan bid. The hosts will be announced in late 2013 or early 2014.

France has been awarded the Euro 2016 Finals, when 24 countries will compete for the first time.

Thursday 28th June 2012:

Which current League clubs have never played in the third or fourth flights of English Football?

Thursday 28th June 2012:

Which current League clubs have never played in the third or fourth flights of English Football?

Blimey there are a lot.

Everton (of course). Arsenal. Spurs, Liverpool. Man Utd, ( I think Newcastle Utd too) Possibly West Ham? Not sure about any others.

Plastic charlatans could be another, but not sure about that. Let's start with what we know or believe to be correct

Everton, Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester Utd, LFC, and even Coventry I think (at least not until a few weeks from now, but still not played hitherto all the same)

This is quite tough, but not going to give it any more thought.

Blimey there are a lot.

Everton (of course). Arsenal. Spurs, Liverpool. Man Utd, ( I think Newcastle Utd too) Possibly West Ham? Not sure about any others.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United

Friday 29th June 2012:

Which two clubs from Peru have played in the Copa Libertadores Final?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United

Friday 29th June 2012:

Which two clubs from Peru have played in the Copa Libertadores Final?

Ain't got a scooby I'm afraid, maybe one of them is from the Capitol? Lima ''something or other''?

university something is probably one of them..always check them on footy manager for youngsters...they are the only peruvian club i know and i don't even know their name proper laugh.png

Yes, Universitario (lost to Independiente of Argentina in 1972) & Sporting Cristal (lost to Cruzeiro of Brazil in 1997).

Copa Libertadores Finals 1960 to 2012

Saturday 30th June 2012:

Which seven of the current 47 Asian AFC countries have England played at full international level?