IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He scored five goals in one game the last weekend !?

I've thought about the question and I do not know where to start on it, I couldn't have said there were even Eire players in Europe right now for the squad, so damned if I know who they are.

Stokes would be one actually, but that's as far as I can go, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all Celtic staff anyway.

Without fully knowing their squad I'll guess r.keane, McGeady and Stokes.

Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Robbie Keane (Los Angeles Galaxy, United States) and Darren O'Dea (Celtic, Scotland).

Sunday 20th May 2012:

Which two footballers from the United States have played in the Spanish La Liga?

Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Robbie Keane (Los Angeles Galaxy, United States) and Darren O'Dea (Celtic, Scotland).

Sunday 20th May 2012:

Which two footballers from the United States have played in the Spanish La Liga?

Oh dear... Almost!!!

Does Rossi count as from USA? Altidore for def and sure kasey Keller played for some shit Spanish team when he left Leicester or Spurs.

Edited by c1982

Sunday 20th May 2012:

Altidore and that lad we were linked with last summer, young lad who had a trial with Utd too....Not Buddle... Freddy Adu I think his name was....

Oh dear... Almost!!!

Does Rossi count as from USA? Altidore for def and sure kasey Keller played for some shit Spanish team when he left Leicester or Spurs.

Rossi played all his youth & senior international football for Italy.

Jozy Altidore (Villarreal CF, 2008-09) and Kasey Keller (Rayo Vallecano, 1999-2001).

Monday 21st May 2012:

Who is the only player to win three medals at the UEFA European Football Championships?

Rossi played all his youth & senior international football for Italy.

Monday 21st May 2012:

Who is the only player to win three medals at the UEFA European Football Championships?

I know Rossi played for Italy but he was born in the USA so is technically from the USA as the question asked!

Euro cup one must be a german/west german - I'll go Brehme.

What Rossi are you refering to, not the one that won the World Cup in 1982 for sure?

The last question seems inaccurate, by way of European Championship Finals, nothing adds up.

I thought of Matthaus with Germany in 1996 and possibly 1980, but he surely wasn't involved in 1972

French players in 2000, but none that were involved in 1984 and they won it no other time even

no other country gets a look in, even Spain won in 1964 and 2008 so they can be discounted

It seems like a german player, but they would have to have been involved in 1972, 1980, and 1996 in winning sides and that's simply not feasible, the only one that comes close is Matthaus but he simply wouldn't been involved as far back as 1972. His earliest winning exprience would have been 1980 for sure.

Question has no answer, at least I would be eager to see what they come up with etc.

Question has no answer...

UEFA Euro regulations....

3.08 Forty gold medals are presented to the winning team and 40 silver medals to the

runner-up. 40 bronze medals are presented to the defeated semi-finalists.

Question doesn't specify winner's medals....possibly there's an answer on that basis.

Oh I think I see what he's done now..

But, really, no player since the history of time has won three european championships medals (as part of a winning side in the Final), it's simply not feasible.

By way of winning, I thought as part of a winning team, of course. That would be the automatic assumption.

Therefore, let's try again with the new information..

Matthaus, winner 1996 OK,

Winner 1980 I would assume, semi-finals 1988 for sure, runners up 1992 to Denmark or even Czech Republic in 1976

all said, I'm going with Matthaus, he has to be the answer that he's looking for..

But the initial question seemed self explanatory?

Three Medals won at European Championships, I couldn't get past that and most people wouldn't either if they were honest.

And I was never aware they gave medals to semi-finalists either? They don't have play offs for third place like the World Cup there,.

I don't remember the English getting any medals in '96 for a losing semi-final, must have been a recently introduced thing etc ?

Answer is Lothar Matthaus, anyway, I'm almost certain of it, when that Spurs person comes back he can verify etc.

I'll add a Euro theme question before he gets back

Which player and what year of tourney did someone score three goals - to be top scorer in that competition - which all came in the same game of all things ?

I'll give a clue - it sounds like what you would want your wife or partner to do in the bedroom etc ; - )

(posted this about five minutes ago but it wouldn't go through damn it, so had to try again)

That's the beauty of questions like these, but don't believe I've ever heard this said before about it, honestly ?

It was before you were born I'm sure of it, won't give the actual year as it'd be a giveaway etc

I'd be very surprised if anyone got it being honest.

It is not that player from Euro 1996, Fuchs was it.. can't recall his first name. And it is not Kuntz either,. while we're at it.. dry.png don't know his first name either, but anyway, none of those...

The actual answer was 'AllOffs' a German player of 1980 when they won that years tournament, 'German Fella' constitutes an incorrect answer, so, no prizes this time, Don't think anyone was all that interested, so no skin off my nose

Last question would be Basle, Grasshoppers of Zurich, Young Boys of Berne and someother one I don't know, was there ever an 1860 Zurich or something, got about three right so will be content enough with that, there's another one with a couple of X'S in the title that begins with N I think and think they're Swiss but can't pronounce the name, Neuatral XamaX or something, probably way off the mark but that did ring a bell