IGNORED

TT Season awards - Premier League

Player of the year - Open to any player of any club

Young player of the year - Open to all players under 21 years of age when the season started

Best goalkeeper - Open to any goalkeeper

Best rookie - Open to any player who made his professional debut this season.

So.. do we have any nominations?

Can't really argue with Marco's suggestions really.

Vorm for Keeps', definitely.

Walker for YPOTS. Although, form's dipped ever so slightly (Based on team performance)

I think Colocini for Player of the Season; he's gone about his business, not made a fuss, no controversy but has been immense for Newcastle, absolutely incredible this year.

rookie probably would be McClean based on his origins and the fact that Jack Colback is probably his nearest nomination.

Player of the year: RVP - few mentions for the likes of silva, (start of campaign) Mata, Scholes, Ba,

Think if Jelavic was here last August we would be looking at him being touted.

Keeper... Vorm is good, mention to de gea - picked himself up well, will be a very good stopper, I think szczesny is a top shout too.

Young player...would be Chamberlain if he had more game time, walker is a good shout

Player: RVP not scoring as much now, but probably the most consistent goal scorer of any premier league campaign. Few worldies as well.

Young Player: Victor Moses

Goalkeeper: Vorm and Ruddy have been immense, but going for De Gea as he has made harder saves.

Best Rookie: Cabaye Edit: Hoolahan, let go by Rovers as a kid and made his way back up from non-league and proven he can play at premiership level.

Don't see why Walkers getting a mention. I've been disappointed watching him after that game against us, whenever since, I've watched Spurs I've noticed he really doesnt do much. Hibbert should be ahead of him for England.

Edited by pete0

RVP for player of the season.

Young player id probably give to Walker, but I dont see many other options really. Maybe Welbeck?

Sczczczczcney (spelling?) for goal keeper of the year, been imense, and a nut job to boot!

Rookie, i dont know. Been impressed with McClean at times, does not look like a player of his experience.

Guest Nikica

Player: RVP not scoring as much now, but probably the most consistent goal scorer of any premier league campaign. Few worldies as well.

Young Player: Victor Moses

Goalkeeper: Vorm and Ruddy have been immense, but going for De Gea as he has made harder saves.

Best Rookie: Cabaye Edit: Hoolahan, let go by Rovers as a kid and made his way back up from non-league and proven he can play at premiership level.

Don't see why Walkers getting a mention. I've been disappointed watching him after that game against us, whenever since, I've watched Spurs I've noticed he really doesnt do much. Hibbert should be ahead of him for England.

I agree with the bolded. I'm a bit perplexed as to why everyone seems to think he's brilliant? He has a lot of pace but he's quite poor defensively in my opinion. I am stunned that he won Young Player of the Year over Aguero.

RVP player of the season obviously.

Young player under 21? Given what I just said about Walker, I cannot think of anyone. StevO has a shout with Welbeck. I don't rate him really but he's had a decent impact at a title-challenging club. Moses maybe? There's a shout for him above.

Goalkeeper - Krul. Quite a few good candidates here, Krul, Vorm, Sczezny (sp?), Friedel, Howard, and De Gea has finally come into some form.

Rookie, agree with the McClean shouts, can't think of many really.

Edited by Nikica

Player of the year - Tricky one this as always and the nominees for me would have to be the likes of Robin van Persie for getting Arsenal where they are at the moment and Wayne Rooney for doing the same with United. Some Tottenham players deserve a mention too such as Bale and Adebayor as they have been on fire at White Hart Lane and haven't stopped producing the goods to get Spurs as high as they are this season.

Young player of the year - I'll have to think about this when it's not late at night, cant think of anyone under the age of 21 off the top of my head.

Best goalkeeper - Vorm or Hart for me. I don't see why de Gea is getting mentions seeing as he was wank in the first half of the season, he might be doing alright now but to get the 'Player of the Season' Award surely you have to play well for the full campaign, not just the last few months.

Best rookie - Erm, will have to think about this one too. McLean probably from Sunderland.

Guest Nikica

I agree with you on De Gea mate. He has a lot of quality and he is showing it now. He was a bit overhyped at Atletico but he has the potential to be a very good goalkeeper.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing from him pre-Xmas though - he looked like a pub goalkeeper with the occasional world-class save thrown in, no exaggeration.

His save from the Mata free-kick in the 3-3 game at Stamford Bridge would probably be my save of the season though.

Hart hasn't made a save of note and has had just as many clangers as De Gea, wouldn't even be in my top 10. I should have went with Szczesny now I've had more time to think though.

Performance wise this season only, would be:

Szczensny, De Gea, Vorm, Krul, Ruddy and Al-Habsi any of these could be keeper of the year.

Next best: Hennessey, Howard, Mignolet, and Friedal.

Average: Hart, Cech, Reina, Given and Schwarzer

The rest: cba naming them

Next best: Hennessey, Howard, Mignolet, and Friedal.

Mignolet has always looked good when I've seen him playing. He deserves a lot more credit than he has been doing this year from critics, I'd definatly have him here at Goodison Park when Howard retires (if his age is alright of course). As for Joe Hart he's a top keeper, he might not have made as many notable saves as other goalkeepers but he has kept many clean sheets and helped Manchester City to be where they are today, I can admit he has been greatly helped by the strike force they have their but nevertheless he has been a really good shot stopped for City this season (hence why he is England's number one).

Guest Nikica

I would say Joe Hart is a more solid than spectacular goalkeeper. Even so, I think he definitely had a superior season last year. He's not looked as good this season, although he's still been reliable for the most part.

Mignolet has always looked good when I've seen him playing. He deserves a lot more credit than he has been doing this year from critics, I'd definatly have him here at Goodison Park when Howard retires (if his age is alright of course). As for Joe Hart he's a top keeper, he might not have made as many notable saves as other goalkeepers but he has kept many clean sheets and helped Manchester City to be where they are today, I can admit he has been greatly helped by the strike force they have their but nevertheless he has been a really good shot stopped for City this season (hence why he is England's number one).

turns 24 this august..he'll be a star in a few years time no way we'd afford him

turns 24 this august..he'll be a star in a few years time no way we'd afford him

He looks worth the £9 million they spent on Gordon.

Player of the year - RVP (Arsenal)

Young player of the year - Walker (Spurs)

Best goalkeeper - Vorm (Swansea)

Best rookie - James McClean (Sunderland) (not a rookie as such but at this level)

Think the PFA got it pretty spot on this year!