IGNORED

Chelsea's Battersea bid

If we had a stadium in one of the most inconic buildings in the country, that could tastefully rejuvinate the building and improve the surrounding area, I'd go. Is it really that much of a difference for them?

Thinking about it, how much would the land at Stamford Bridge sell for? It's got to be a fair wack surely?

Genuinely, i think if they can pull it off, like what's shown in the mockups...even i'd visit!

If we had a stadium in one of the most inconic buildings in the country, that could tastefully rejuvinate the building and improve the surrounding area, I'd go. Is it really that much of a difference for them?

North of the river to south....huge difference for Londoners.

Not in Chelsea....though I think strictly speaking they're in Fulham currently.

2 miles away from Stamford Bridge as the crow flies

Battersea Power Station is more north than Stamford Bridge but it is the other side of Thames.

Plus, Chelsea don't own the rights to the team name, the co-op who own the pitch at Stamford Bridge do.

What!? So how does that work then, if they own the pitch and the name, what happens if they move? will they to change their name?

Chelsea BattyBuoys? (Battersea)

Awesome.

they tried to buy them a while back but this group were havin none of it...problem for chelsea is that there isn't a sole owner of this organisation i don't think...shares were limited to a certain amount per person to stop it from happening...so they can't really just negotiate with 1 man tryin to make money..nice idea but if you get stubborn idiots who care too much about history it could hold the club back

Guest Nikica

is a "bum bum, tsh" appropriate? Or am i in a hole lotta trouble for that pun?

You've just bowled me over with that. Will need to wipe my eyes. I'd only laugh more if I won it big at the crap table.

Guest Nikica

don't nik!! do not encourage his shite puns!!

hehehe shite..didn't mean that

Ha.

Mines were worse to be fair - I just couldn't help myself (like earlier when I was like Usain Bolt trying to get to the toilet).