IGNORED

All Backing Gerrard For Captaincy

come back to me when you have finally pulled your finger out your arse... no racism there and that egyptian guy was not offended...

and heres something that you should always keep in mind... NEVER LISTEN TO THOSE LIVERPOOL GOBSHITE supproters

36381[/snapback]

Well said Reg, once again that gobshite "heh" is here invading this site and looking for every oppotunity to slag off blues for anything she possibly can, this time misinformed racism.

Why don't you fig off to a redshite forum "heh" and stir up poo there.

I'm all for and would indeed welcome fans of other clubs coming on here and voicing their opinions but every time this prick intervenes it always seems to end up in a slanging match (not that I've helped the situation with this post granted).

Coincidence??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Reg, once again that gobshite "heh" is here invading this site and looking for every oppotunity to slag off blues for anything she possibly can, this time misinformed racism.

Why don't you fig off to a redshite forum "heh" and stir up poo there.

I'm all for and would indeed welcome fans of other clubs coming on here and voicing their opinions but every time this prick intervenes it always seems to end up in a slanging match (not that I've helped the situation with this post granted).

Coincidence??

36661[/snapback]

p.s. "fig" and "poo" were actually my choice of words!!

good to see closure on the racism issue...

as for the captain debate...I think that Gerrard would make a good captain, but I think that Terry would be better.

Nothing to do with what club they play for, or the fact of Champion League, Premiership, FA Cup or any other trophies or tournament victories, just based on the character and their ability to motivate an England squad in past games.

Although Gerrard was playing out of his usual position, one quality of a good captain is to motivate and drive the squad from the position they are playing - and sadly, I dont think Gerrard would have been able to do that in recent England games.

Only my humble opinion though!

good to see closure on the racism issue...

as for the captain debate...I think that Gerrard would make a good captain, but I think that Terry would be better.

Nothing to do with what club they play for, or the fact of Champion League, Premiership, FA Cup or any other trophies or tournament victories, just based on the character and their ability to motivate an England squad in past games.

Although Gerrard was playing out of his usual position, one quality of a good captain is to motivate and drive the squad from the position they are playing - and sadly, I dont think Gerrard would have been able to do that in  recent England games.

Only my humble opinion though!

36728[/snapback]

I agree, 12 months ago I would have whole heartedly backed gerrard for cap'n even though I HATE him. However, he seemed to go missing when England needed him most in this WC (possibly due to being played out of position) and the only player who did come out of this campaign with any respect for me is Terry (and Theo of course).

Stevie La has a tendency to go missing when backs are to the wall and things are not going to plan, JT will ante up and keep going to the end.

I would rather have Neville as skipper than Gerrard, any day of the week, but that is not me saying he is crap, obviously he isn't, suspect temprement.

ATB

Mac

I think they'd both make good captains, but for me it cannot be gerrard, just becasue it gives the RS fans something more to gloat their gloryhunting MOFO hearts about

And, I personnaly think the captain has got to be the first name on the team sheet for the next 4 years at least and I think JT can be that. There is still a big debate about the whole midfield situation, regarding G LA & Lamps which needs to be resolved.

Terry for me.

As others have said, a defender as captain is my preference.

They can marshall the defence as part of the job, and see the shape of the game as

a whole, all up ahead of them.

I think Beckham did a great job, as the job went against his temperament. In spite

of all the press he gets, I think he's actually a pretty quiet type, so it must have taken

a huge effort to psyche himself up for the role. Also, I think we might see a few more

great performances from him with the pressure off, even if only for short spells, or as

sub (or subbed after a while).

With Terry, I think the commanding presence needed is just a part of the way he is on

the pitch anyway.

I'm not sure if Pearce was ever captain, but I'd have had him instead of Shearer any day.

Edited by Patch Tuesday