IGNORED

Tranmere (away)

Louis

i know im going back a bit but i think a lot of blues are not interested about going to tranmere,simply because of bad blood - too many idiots over there,

Theres idiots everywhere, shouldnt stop people. Its come a week too early for me, so wont get a chance to go :(

We've got a decent team out with the trip to Indonesia cancelled:

Squad: Mucha, Taudul, Garbutt, Browning, Bidwell, Duffy, Rodwell, Francisco Jnr, Hope, Coleman, Kelly, Forrester, Lundstram, Barkley, McAleny, Vellios, Long, Green

Good to see Rodwell and Coleman getting a decent bit of game time, Fransisco Jnr has been impressing in the friendly's so hopefully he goes well and with Duffy, McAleny, Vellios and Mucha there's a decent bit of experience in there from players that have had a bit of first team action.

Hopefully young George Green gets a game as well.

Lets get that first trophy of the season in the bag!

James Wallace scores to make it 1-1 from the penalty spot (rumoured to be Tranmere's second penalty of the game - don't know if thats true) and Conor McAleny has had a chance to put us back into the lead from the spot but ended up missing.

I don't really mind what the score is at full-time so long as all the lads have positive games and learn something to take into the 2013 season.

Edit:

We lost 2-1.

Andy Robinson scores for Tranmere in added time and the game ends 2-1 to Rovers.
Edited by Zoo

I went.. it was terrible..

You expect better when there's an England international in central midfield, a Slovak with World Cup experience in goal, an Irish international at right back, a Greek U21 up front alongside an England youth forward who won the golden boot in a UEFA competition just over a year ago.

Coleman, Barkley and Rodwell have all regressed.

Three Everton coaches (Holden, Weir and Stubbs) all shouting from the dugout at the same time just seem to complicate things and the left back was insisting in knocking balls over the top when it was clear that it wouldn't reach a blue shirt.

Junior Francisco looks ok, a bit lightweight. I was surprised by how small he is. He had a few nice touches but there wasn't much movement in the midfield.

The only time we looked like scoring a second goal was when Barkley decided to gung ho on his own and that only happened twice.

Ironically, James Wallace looked the best player on the pitch.

Baxter made comments on twitter about Wallace showing up his ex 'rivals' and out shone all - fair enough it sounds like he did but Baxter said it in a bit of a bitter/twatish way so has had some abuse and he subsequently deleted the tweet.

1st team are playing some champions of bulgaria or something behind closed doors today.

just watched the highlights.

Dissapointing that two of our young ones gave the game away.

Duffy made a clown of the first and Rodders tried an extravagent pass which was intercepted for the second.

I know its early and only pre-season, but these are the guys we are relying on going forward.

The highlights really didnt do Duffy any favours...left bewtween two players for thier first missed sitter and then the goal. Hope he learnt something from this game and uses it grow stronger.

its sad when tranmere can offer better terms than us,

But they can't.

We offer him what we think he's worth & Tranmere presumably offer him more....so he goes (with a sell on clause). Bye.

If they could offer better terms than us they'd have Felli, Baines and Heitinga on their books.

It was merely a pre season fixture with a largely reserve side. Yes we had one or two regulars or key players involved, but I can't read too much into this. Seems they wanted it more and playing at Prenton Park surely worked for them, although I remember the last time Tranmere made the trip over from Birkenhead to GP, they didn't do too badly..

Someone mentioned above a bit of bad blood with some of the Tranmere guys, didn't fully realize there was any animosity between clubs, at least not from what I can recall. Never pay much attention to them if honest.