1. 1. First red card ?

• 1 - 5 games in
    • 5 - 10 games in
    • 11 - 15 games in
    • 16 - 20 games in
    • 21 - 25 games in
    • 26 - 30 games in
    • 31 - 38 games in

Barton does not have a furious temper. Take it from someone who can appreciate what it means to lose your shit every now and again and Barton just isn't that. And maybe the kid is a bit of a snide player, but I can't classify him anywhere near Terry or Nolan or such names and he has a temperament I think he can control. He doesn't strike me as an attention whore kind of player, and would rather keep a low profile, but he gets himself into these scrapes and incidents and has spontaneous bouts of questionable behavior, not the most disruptive player we ever saw on a soccer field. You make a point about disruption of harmony at the club if he was to join up, I think that is true to an extent, maybe one or two players wouldn't welcome him, but the fact of the matter is that, I feel we really don't need him. Maybe the kid has agression issues, can't argue that myself, but not the first and not the last we will see for players of this. Just feel his issues seems exaggerated sometimes, been trying to say.

Barton does not have a furious temper. Take it from someone who can appreciate what it means to lose your shit every now and again and Barton just isn't that. And maybe the kid is a bit of a snide player, but I can't classify him anywhere near Terry or Nolan or such names and he has a temperament I think he can control. He doesn't strike me as an attention whore kind of player, and would rather keep a low profile, but he gets himself into these scrapes and incidents and has spontaneous bouts of questionable behavior, not the most disruptive player we ever saw on a soccer field. You make a point about disruption of harmony at the club if he was to join up, I think that is true to an extent, maybe one or two players wouldn't welcome him, but the fact of the matter is that, I feel we really don't need him. Maybe the kid has agression issues, can't argue that myself, but not the first and not the last we will see for players of this. Just feel his issues seems exaggerated sometimes, been trying to say.

if that's the case then he's even more of a dickhead

I'd still take a punt on him. That incident doesn't change much. Aguero is a fruit, went down like a sack of potatoes and didn't face Barton himself. I wouldn't by any means condone what Barton did there, but if Aguero had any cojones then it wouldn't have looked such a one-sided douchebaggery extravaganza

ok put aside the fact he's a complete tool..who does he play in front of? cos i'd certainly be pissed off if he came in and took any of the current centre mids place

Rotate with Gibson, or right mid in games against teams that have a pacey left winger that could do with a quick kick.

i'd prefer ossie on the right he does enough trackin..and rotate ossie with gibson in the middle(although i'd play him as much as poss he needs to keep in shape) cos we have mirallas and coleman for the right..i just don't want that man at this club and will seriously give up my season ticket if he ever ended up here..i'm amazed some people entertain the idea..he's shit anyways besides the fact he's an arsehole

I'd still take a punt on him. That incident doesn't change much. Aguero is a fruit, went down like a sack of potatoes and didn't face Barton himself. I wouldn't by any means condone what Barton did there, but if Aguero had any cojones then it wouldn't have looked such a one-sided douchebaggery extravaganza

I'd say someone with the strength in their legs of a pro player kneeing you full on in the thigh would sober you up real quick, especially if you weren't expecting it.

i'd prefer ossie on the right he does enough trackin..and rotate ossie with gibson in the middle(although i'd play him as much as poss he needs to keep in shape) cos we have mirallas and coleman for the right..i just don't want that man at this club and will seriously give up my season ticket if he ever ended up here..i'm amazed some people entertain the idea..he's shit anyways besides the fact he's an arsehole

I wouldn't want either of them on the right. Think Coleman should go on loan to gain more experience at right back, he has sacrificed his development years to help fill in a gap but we have enough cover there now. I'd prefer Miralles to play on the left as he got so many goals from there last year. I'd prefer Barton in the middle and to be used on the right in games were Moyes would play Osman there, as Osman is the heartbeat of the team and has to play in the middle where we get the best out of him.

RM priority, I'd rank them in this order: Naismith, Pienaar, Barton, Miralles, Anichebe, Coleman, Osman. However I'd split that into 2 groups for different tactics. Naismith, Pienaar, Miralles, Coleman to play our usual way. Barton and Anichebe for a rougher set of tactics. Osman is equally adept to play either role and would be possible first choice for either set if ranked on ability at RM, I'd have him as the emergency on both sets of tactics as he is vital in the middle - especially with Felli playing further up the field.

I was begining to think that Barton had 'matured' last season and would have entertained him coming here. However after what he did in that City game on what was probably the clubs most important game of the season just shows how much of a selfish prick he is. QPR faced going down and needed everyone playing to their best against the league leaders and he cant even keep himself out of trouble in such a big game. Its no wonder QPR dont want to have anything to do with him.

I'd say someone with the strength in their legs of a pro player kneeing you full on in the thigh would sober you up real quick, especially if you weren't expecting it.

It was just a little tap wink.png . And, it's not like Aguero is twelve years old--he could have turned around and done something about it. He deals with worse in every game, I'm sure. I'm just saying he didn't need to act like he was drawing a foul in-game. The way he went down was just absurd and cowardly. On the other hand, Barton is a total assclown and shouldn't knee other men from behind. I guess what I'm trying to say was that the whole situation was a bunch of crap and, while Barton is the primary culprit, Aguero's behavior makes it look worse than it was.

Rooney's little move in the Euro qualifier, for instance, is, in my mind, worse than Barton's actions here.

Agree to disagree (slightly)?

I was begining to think that Barton had 'matured' last season and would have entertained him coming here. However after what he did in that City game on what was probably the clubs most important game of the season just shows how much of a selfish prick he is. QPR faced going down and needed everyone playing to their best against the league leaders and he cant even keep himself out of trouble in such a big game. Its no wonder QPR dont want to have anything to do with him.

He was wrongly sent off because of Teves' cheating and the referee not doing his job properly, before going on his rampage that he went on as a last resort to try and keep the club up. Any other player in the league would have got more favourable decisions from the ref, we had the same victimisation from refs with Ferguson.

so you'd split up pienaar and baines? masterstroke...and i forgot about naismith..another reason we do not need barton here

If Naismith is injured, I'd rather put Pienaar on the right and Miralles on the left. Rather than put Osman outwide and ??? in the middle, or Miralles on the right because a left-footed RM and a right-footed LM tends to have a poor balance/flow.

He was wrongly sent off because of Teves' cheating and the referee not doing his job properly, before going on his rampage that he went on as a last resort to try and keep the club up. Any other player in the league would have got more favourable decisions from the ref, we had the same victimisation from refs with Ferguson.

Wrongly sent off?! Tevez wasnt doing him any favours but he didnt have to rise to any of it. He isnt even that brilliant on the pitch tbh. A decent lower level Premiership starter or bench warmer for a half decent team.

If Naismith is injured, I'd rather put Pienaar on the right and Miralles on the left. Rather than put Osman outwide and ??? in the middle, or Miralles on the right because a left-footed RM and a right-footed LM tends to have a poor balance/flow.

fellaini in the middile with mirallas behind the forward..just cos fellaini has put in some awesome performances further forward we shouldn't forget how good he is further back also...or we could play gibson or neville in the middle...all are better players than barton..i'd even say barkley is better now than barton ever has been

you're tryin to justify what he did after gettin sent off as tryin to do what he can for the club? unbelievable..i'm out of this conversation..you've obviously made your mind up that barton gets picked on and that he's the best player ever wink.png

Well his team mate told him to do it for the club... It's a poor decision from Barton to accept the proposal but you can see there's not much intent from the half arsed attempt to injure Aguero as Barton clearly doesn't want to inflict too much damage. Teves was the biggest villain in the scenario followed by the ref then Barton. It's a joke that City went unpunished and Barton got a excessive ban.

I've said it before I don't think Barton is as much of a cunt he's made out to be and he gets 'picked on' because of his reputation. The likes of Terry and Gerrard are much worse but get away with it thanks to the refs leniency towards England captains.

fellaini in the middile with mirallas behind the forward..just cos fellaini has put in some awesome performances further forward we shouldn't forget how good he is further back also...or we could play gibson or neville in the middle...all are better players than barton..i'd even say barkley is better now than barton ever has been

I think Barton is more talented than you give him credit for. He was Man City's best player when they were an average mid-table club. He's not a world beater, but he is a better option than Neville in midfield. I'd say he a perfect player to rotate with Gibson who isn't able to play a full season and Barton can do the same job but with a little more bite.

Edited by pete0

oh the older boy told me to do it sir..fuck me pete..even for you that's mental

It's a half assed kick. I don't see how what he done deserves such a lengthy ban no worse than the silly head butts players do. That game shows how the 'big' teams cheat and win whilst the little teams have to play 12 men every week. Man U may have won the league if the ref done his job right and should be the talking point. Seriously that ruckus isn't any worse than what we've seen in the league before. If he had actually went through Aguero and properly injured him I'd understand the fuss, but he never it was just a little tap like Beckham in the WC against Argentina.

I'm not sure how any action Barton took is defensible Pete.

His reasons may well have been one of a reaction to feeling wrongly dismissed, but that doesn't excuse him losing his cool like that. It's not a one off either. His whole career has been problematic, not to mention his private life.

He's not a loveable rogue, let's face it. The guy is an aggressive liability for any club, The only future for him unless he changes quickly may well be one behind bars. You can't ignore that his actions often relate to common assault. I'm not sure how being on a football pitch excuses it.

It's not about whether he is a good footballer or not. He needs to be able to fit in with other people and add a positive effect to the psychological balance. What good is it if players are constantly walking on eggshells not knowing who he is going to thump next?

so you're back to the he started it sir? pathetic excuse

So cheats should prosper and go unpunished? Because in my eyes cheating is much worse than losing your rag. If someone purposely winds you up they have to take some of the blame. I'm not saying he's innocent, just a stupid bastard for falling for their dirty ploys.